The Balance of Nature

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
“This must stop at once! Those poor creatures are absolutely not suited to this kind of climate! Come summer every last one of them will die from the heat, mark my words! Who knows what kind of strange and deadly diseases they might carry! Imagine our groves being fouled by the rotting carcases of hundreds of these birds! Just thinking about it makes me want to retch!”

Druid Portistax paced back and forth through the small cloud-filled hut, gazing intensely at his colleagues seated about the room. Lowering his voice to an ominous tone he begun speaking:

“Yet all that is nothing compared to the threat that these birds bring to us just by being here.”

“What do you mean?”

“These birds are found far from these lands, further than anyone from this realm has ever gone before. Of course they could have flown here, but how did that grumbling creature Gyrioch get here? He couldn’t have flown and he’s far too fat to have been carried. So I ask you again, how did they get here?”

Silence answered the old druid as rain continued to fall outside, pattering against the wooden walls of the rickety old shack. Just then the door slammed open as a hunched figure rushed into the room, pushing back the door with effort to block out the thundering storm outside.

“What have you found?” asked Portistax to the stranger.

“I’ve found Gyrioch and his… pets. They’re not far from Domnann – in the building near the four Sylvan watchers. He seems to have settled in quite nicely and keeps his birds up on the roof. He has already sold several but for the moment the storm has kept most people away and his presence unknown.”

“That’s good, we must send somebody over to have a little chat with our friend Gyrioch. Maybe they can also find out how he’s moving those birds to here and put an end to it. Now gather closer, I have a plan…”

News.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom