Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
===================================

Dark Age of Camelot
Test Version 1.70ao Release Notes
July 13, 2004

===================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- All Animist 'fire and forget' turrets have been reduced in hit points by 70%.

- Much of the aggression generated by Animist turrets will now be transferred to the Animist's controlled pet during PvE combat.

NEW FRONTIERS NOTES

- Teleporting into a keep will now drop you inside the lord tower of the keep.

- Animist turrets cannot be cast upward over 250 units onto enemy keep or tower pieces. This is to stop turrets from ending up on the keep/tower ramparts, but still allows defenders to cast down onto attacking forces. Please note that Animists will still be able to cast upward over 250 units for their own realm's tower and keep pieces (or their own guild's tower and keep pieces for the PvP ruleset).

- Turrets cannot be cast into the lord tower of a keep unless the Animist is also inside the lord tower. This is to stop turrets from being cast into rooms inside the lord keep through windows.

hy are Mythic so totally inept at fixing problems within their game?

Elcain

Fledgling Freddie
Must suck to have a animist for a main char with all this nerfing shit going on. :fluffle:

Merrilow

Fledgling Freddie
Funkdocta said:
- Animist turrets cannot be cast upward over 250 units onto enemy keep or tower pieces. This is to stop turrets from ending up on the keep/tower ramparts, but still allows defenders to cast down onto attacking forces. Please note that Animists will still be able to cast upward over 250 units for their own realm's tower and keep pieces (or their own guild's tower and keep pieces for the PvP ruleset).
This helps?

Coccas

Loyal Freddie
while i can understand why they shouldnt go on top of keeps/towers etc the hp nerf was not needed and is like kicking someone that is already laying(sp) down

Miss

Fledgling Freddie
Garnet said:
the fotms gonna cry? :x

qq :(

as animist is pretty much the funnest class to rvr with (tried them all), time to reconsider what class i wanna start with next :x

good this is all in 6-7months or so though so i still have time to enjoy rvr. :D

vintervargen

Banned
animist wont be a pet class after that, not unless range on shrooms will be upped, and that they can /assist with a controlable shroom.. aka theurgist style. having those 500hp shrooms in rvr breaking roots and mezzes will be of no use whatsoever :E

Byssa

Fledgling Freddie
lol is funny how it takes mythic like 1 month to fix animist and than we see other classes like the infs with there DF takes for years to fix :p i guess mythic don't like hibs. I guess they just makin Hiberian the more "challenging realm" so to speak -_- when will the nerfing end i mean we are suppose to be the best magic realm but why do mids sm has the best pb in teh game makes u wonder doesn't it xD

vintervargen

Banned
no but shrooms have a much bigger impact on rvr then dragonfang ever had ;), tho the amount of whine have probably been the same :D

legar

Loyal Freddie
This was not nerfing, but more bugfixing in NF.

pets all over in keeps/lordrooms behind closed doors etc is what called for this.

FnF turrets life decreased is weird though yeah :twak:

Byssa

Fledgling Freddie
but i mean shroom isn't that over powered is just "SOME" albs mainly kids think they are uber, the onces that runs into those shroom fields and goes omg animist op -_-. plz nerf mythic !!!!oneoneone but than again 50% of mythic customers is properly alb :/. oh btw when they finally apply the nerf to DF there be a lot of whine in the inf community i promise u :p.

animist will never die they are teh best keep defense tool ever in NF apart from archers XD

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
legar said:
This was not nerfing, but more bugfixing in NF.

pets all over in keeps/lordrooms behind closed doors etc is what called for this.

FnF turrets life decreased is weird though yeah :twak:
This was nerfing not bug fixing, what you describe are all LoS issues, most of which went unaddressed.

Danita

Diar

Fledgling Freddie
imo, if they screw up anims they should screw up theurgs aswell...theurgs can also have unlimited pets, but then his pets can move and have 2000 range to cast, and don't need to gt....

anim has 1000 range to cast, and the pet itself has 1000 range aswell, but theurg pets have like 1500 range, and 2000 range for the theurg, so that makes it 2000 range for anim vs 3500 range for theurg.....so unfair :'(

vintervargen

Banned
well the shroom nerf means that well, shrooms, will only be good for pve and keep defenses.. in open area rvr they will get 1shotted by any tank/caster ;l

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Diar said:
imo, if they screw up anims they should screw up theurgs aswell...theurgs can also have unlimited pets, but then his pets can move and have 2000 range to cast, and don't need to gt....

anim has 1000 range to cast, and the pet itself has 1000 range aswell, but theurg pets have like 1500 range, and 2000 range for the theurg, so that makes it 2000 range for anim vs 3500 range for theurg.....so unfair :'(

1. Theurgist pets need a target to be cast on.
2. Theurgist pets last on average 50% less than ani turrets.
3. its not 3500 range its 200 range BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO CAST IT ON A PERSON!
4. you cant just spam 15 ice pets through a window slit and watch them beat the crap out of anyone inside...

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Byssa said:
lol is funny how it takes mythic like 1 month to fix animist and than we see other classes like the infs with there DF takes for years to fix :p i guess mythic don't like hibs. I guess they just makin Hiberian the more "challenging realm" so to speak -_- when will the nerfing end i mean we are suppose to be the best magic realm but why do mids sm has the best pb in teh game makes u wonder doesn't it xD

LOOL 'I guess they just making hibernian the more challenging realm'
that's a good one :clap: ... and mids have the best pb?? lol, you play daoc right? Try playing alb once :rolleyes:

Simmern

Fledgling Freddie
Do YOU play daoc? Level 49 pbaoe + intercepting pet.. Would call that the best pbaoe ;F

liloe

It's my birthday today!
hehe...the wizzy banner from drimacus is nice to watch :p and he got a nice homepage =)

Shangrila

Fledgling Freddie
swords said:
1. Theurgist pets need a target to be cast on.
2. Theurgist pets last on average 50% less than ani turrets.
3. its not 3500 range its 200 range BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO CAST IT ON A PERSON!
4. you cant just spam 15 ice pets through a window slit and watch them beat the crap out of anyone inside...

1. 1000 range for gt of the shrooms
2. shrooms cant move. you can run away from them but you cant run away from theugist pets
3. turrets can be mezzed, theugist pets cant
4. bombers can be outrun as well

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
They only needed to sort the line of sight issues and the amount of paets castable.

The 70% hp reduction is a total PvE nerf. They will be lucky to solo a red con mob now. 70% is just rediculous, how can you nerf something so much? Maybe 20% if they really have an itch to swing the nerf bat, but 70% man, you will be able to 2 shot the shrooms.

Bit lame for all the people who have animist as their main. They pay there subscription like everyone else and now there class is near useless apart from annoying people in rvr.

I dont even have an animist and I think its well out of order.

horlely

Fledgling Freddie
Elcain said:
Must suck to have a animist for a main char with all this nerfing shit going on.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
yes :(
100 real life play days lost on horlely lvl 50 rr 5.9 ml 10

p.s hope next nerf will be: a limit on albion players on all serves moehaha :kissit:
(feel bit beter all rdy :cheers: )

horlely

Kiaren

Fledgling Freddie
hp nerf simply means that u will now have to spread ur shrooms a bit for them to keep beeing effective
As it is atm 2-3 animists can create a large field of shrooms capable of instakilling everything on one gt, masking the number of shrooms.
The standard noobish alb(for example) now sees those shrooms and expects to be able to rush thru them to the animist with his supporters protecting him, he dies and whines.
How does the rest of the grp get past the shrooms ? it would take a few ae nukes to bring them down, while moving into sight would mean a near insta death.
So with some luck, a wizz can throw out an ae before dying, while the shrooms remain up...

btw Ae mezzes won't help coz animists get this nice little ae mezz cure spell in 1.69

So how will it be after those changes:

creating 20 shrooms on one spot (so ppl can't really see how many shrooms are up at that gt and will not try to pass it) will result in a weakness to ae spells which can take out the shroom field pretty easy

while creating 20 shrooms on different GTs will result in less advantage of noobish ppl expecting a lower number of shrooms AND lower the weakness to ae

while balacing the chances of getting past the shroomfield

It doubt anyone would go hunting shrooms, even if they would have 20 hp total its just about giving a chance to beat an animist camp field...

Noobish players will still die in shroomfields while skilled players chances against each others are evened out

Kiaren

Fledgling Freddie
btw the difference between theurgist pets and animist pets is quite obvious:

Theurgists can not cast their pets prefight, their number of pets is limited indirectly to the amount of time the enemy allows them to cast, while animists can set up whole shroomfields before evening seeing a single opponent...
Even with the 15 shroom limit, a theurgist will never reach the number of pets / the amount of damage an animist can put up / deal

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
guys this nerf is based around feedback from New Frontiers - largely based around keep warfare where animists were running rampant

anyone who believes that animists are crap in keep raids and stand offs (what NF is all about) needs their heads screwing on

this nerf *may* cause problems for the few roaming rvr animists - but there are very few around anyway.

also take into consideration the earlier FOP PvE nerf - about 9 in 10 animists will probably be shelved as soon as they cant put a penny on the shroom button and go afk at fins

Leleith

Fledgling Freddie
After that patch, the animist community will go from low population to a non existing one. In siege warfare, where animists are supposed to excel, their main damage output will be mostly from the basline level 45 lifetap (That the sorcs and cabalists said was too low and too sucky to use as a lvl 50 nuke when they had it. But which they say works very well when animist and valewalkers say they want it upped to lvl 50 as well), since the arboreal specnuke bomber is bugged to hell and back and wont go through doors and such since some patch(es) ago. Not to mention that not every animist is arboreal spec. Leaving them with the 45 baseline lt as only option.

Animist is the only pure caster class in the game that doesent train dex as secondary stat. Not to mention they are limited to somewhat "low" dexterous classes as well. That together with the 5 second base cast speed of FnFs makes it kinda time consuming to setup those 15 shrooms you are limited to. And with no resists and the hp nerf of shrooms, the time taken can just as well be wasted in matter of very few seconds. One ae mezz or 2 ae dds will kill them all off. This was a much smaller problem when you could just continue to spam shrooms. And then, the level of shrooms didnt matter that much, as you could make LOADS. Now, with only 15, you will ofc want the most out of that, and therefore want to use higher shrooms. Higher shrooms costs more power. Waste a full power bar over a minute, just to see it go wasted over ae mezz or ae nukes, volley or an ae dot. Mezzing the pets will ofc be the most effective way to make an animist close to useless. Since that stops him from setting up new shrooms until the old ones are dead.

With the incoming nerf of FoP, they wont be able to set up a respectable force with the shrooms they are limited to. Since you wont regen any power when you or anyone in the grp is fighting(correct me if im wrong here). And most of the time you arent in fight, you dont have need for shrooms anyways.

I really feel with the animists that play their char activly. The ones who actually do know how to play the class fully, and that knows more than spamming lvl 9 FnFs.

The 10 year old albs should be happy now though i guess...

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Anyone who thinks animists didnt need a pve nerf is insane.

1-50 in 2 days? You really think thats a class that is balanced?

1fg being able to farm the dragon extremely quickly, doesnt sound very balanced to me.

Animists have no equivalent on other realms for powerlvling, even by reducing their max shrooms to 16 wont make any significant difference, they just use higher lvl shrooms to compensate.

By passing a lot of the shroom aggro onto the casters and reducing their HP it means you will once again need tanks to hold aggro in xp groups, animists will still be pretty uber for damage dealing.

Any lvling tank will most likely welcome this nerf, as it wil hopefully mean they arent forced to solo or be pl'd to hit 50 anymore.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Leleith said:
After that patch, the animist community will go from low population to a non existing one. In siege warfare, where animists are supposed to excel, their main damage output will be mostly from the basline level 45 lifetap (That the sorcs and cabalists said was too low and too sucky to use as a lvl 50 nuke when they had it. But which they say works very well when animist and valewalkers say they want it upped to lvl 50 as well), since the arboreal specnuke bomber is bugged to hell and back and wont go through doors and such since some patch(es) ago. Not to mention that not every animist is arboreal spec. Leaving them with the 45 baseline lt as only option.

Animist is the only pure caster class in the game that doesent train dex as secondary stat. Not to mention they are limited to somewhat "low" dexterous classes as well. That together with the 5 second base cast speed of FnFs makes it kinda time consuming to setup those 15 shrooms you are limited to. And with no resists and the hp nerf of shrooms, the time taken can just as well be wasted in matter of very few seconds. One ae mezz or 2 ae dds will kill them all off. This was a much smaller problem when you could just continue to spam shrooms. And then, the level of shrooms didnt matter that much, as you could make LOADS. Now, with only 15, you will ofc want the most out of that, and therefore want to use higher shrooms. Higher shrooms costs more power. Waste a full power bar over a minute, just to see it go wasted over ae mezz or ae nukes, volley or an ae dot. Mezzing the pets will ofc be the most effective way to make an animist close to useless. Since that stops him from setting up new shrooms until the old ones are dead.

With the incoming nerf of FoP, they wont be able to set up a respectable force with the shrooms they are limited to. Since you wont regen any power when you or anyone in the grp is fighting(correct me if im wrong here). And most of the time you arent in fight, you dont have need for shrooms anyways.

I really feel with the animists that play their char activly. The ones who actually do know how to play the class fully, and that knows more than spamming lvl 9 FnFs.

The 10 year old albs should be happy now though i guess...

AoE spells shouldnt effect an animist at all, it will effect those who are in pve mode who spam all shrooms on the same spot however, but to be effective you need to spread them out a little, and if an enemy is spending all his time mezzing and nuking pets, he wont be mezzing and nuking players....is that a bad thing?

MCL and serenity coupled with MR is plenty of mana to cast a decent amount of shrooms, just because they are going to nerf fop, doesnt mean you cant compensate with RA's/pots etc.

Adapt or roll something else, every class has had to adapt to such things at one time or another.

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
So when are they sorting out BoneDancers??????? Possibly one of the most ridiculous classes ever?

Atleast with Animists they have a time limit on pet's and have to get set up to do well.

Bonedancers have 2 Healing pets that follow them that don't get interupted on heals and ontop of that a stupid 4 sec recast tiem insta LT ¬.¬

tbh, leave the poor Ani's alone, sort out the BD's...

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
1-50 in 2 days?

OMG! It took you a day to do 1-5? :/

1-5 30-40mins...
5-50 1 day...

It is stupid, but the nerf on Power Font should sort that I think, FoP is the only reason you can do 5-50 in a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom