The Adventure of Asmil

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Day 7 of the 8th moon glide of the 762 year, Harbour of Aegir, under a falling sun.

Olmir is commandering the ship "Ocean Queen" tomorrow, and Im invited to come along to if I want to.

A few days ago Olmir received reports from Captain Kolor about a new Island which he have never seen before.

Kolor is Captain of one of the few scout boats, which have permission to sail the sea beyond the Shrouded Isles.

This excite me more than many other things do these days, I have by now almost experienced anything a man can truely expect to experience in a lifetime, and a new land to explore, new creatures to hunt and bring down with my bow will be exciting, but I also have my allegiance to General Collel, the appointed leader of the border patrol, which I appreciate by all my heart, truely I do, swear upon the hammer of Odin I do so, but new lands pull me.

I think I will venture with Olmir tomorrow and join his crew, I know he will let me sail aboard even if I first show at the harbour tomorrow when he is about to sail, we are good friends, been so since we patrolled the snowcovered mountains of Jamtland together first time.

Hmm, those were the days, walking silently through the snow, which dread-softly crumbled around my boats and froze my toes slightly while I sprung my arrow, aimed it steadily to those piskfull Celts, how or why they betrayed the truce is to me unknown, but repaied for it, quite a few have.

But you know all this, I have told you about it before, Im getting tired, might be this place that make my veins grow so old and make my heart beat slower, but this I will not think about now, now I must rest.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Day 8 of the 8th moon glide of the 762 year, aboard the Ocean Queen, in the light of the stars

I joined Olmir's crew this morning, I know little of sailing and my job is gaven with that in mind.

I'm in charge of the supplies, and on guard at the depot, so the food will show plenty for the trip, which Olmir sees as one of the more important things to avoid a dissatisfied crew, well, so he said to me, but after having stood guard for 3 hours today without seeing a single soul near the depot, I think this is a way for him to make me fell more important, so is Olmir, always trying to make everyone fell as a part of the team, but I'm old enough to sence when I'm of little use, such is the life of every soul, sometimes your important and other times you can be spared without the slightest notice would be taken.

Fortunatly I was allowed to take along Grelve along on the trip, but he have not been to excited about this shaking and rocking the boat is doing, but finally he is asleep, he is old too, compared to how old wolves usually become, but he is a fine creature and a struggler, I think he have yet to see some good years along with me before he will succumb to his age.

As the rag of darkness have covered the sky a few hours ago, I have pulled back to my quarters, here I've been practicing my fletching and made a good stack of arrows, should be sufficient for quite some time, even if this new island shows to be a very live wilderness, which I surdenly hope, the more life we meet, the more to hunt and explorer.

I think I will take my sleep now, good book, the night is only of limited lenght and I need to let my eyes rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom