The 3rd ML line Poll

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Camelotherald Grab Bag said:
There's a bit in there that says "as we proposed it." It's sort of a key clause. Thanks in advance.

Q: How many people voted "I don't see my choice" on the poll?

A: 8%. That 8% seems, based on feedback forms, to be split between people who did not want a third line at all and people who want a third line, but not the one that we listed.

Reports that there was a vast and teeming multitude that didn't want a third line at all appear to be based mainly on message boards, not on the player base as a whole. That's why we gather feedback in many different ways as opposed to message boards where the participants don't even need to be players.

Had the poll been about something entirely new to the game, we'd have given the boards more weight - entirely new features are usually meant to entice people to return or to get new people to sign up. But the third line feature was meant for active, existing customers, so we focused on TL feedback, the poll, and feedback forms from active customers.

What the poll said, without a doubt, was that the system as we proposed it was not going to be a big or even a moderate hit. Back to the ol' drawing board.

I think i fucked up voting in the poll then, I'm against a 3rd ML line being opened up so picked the option that said something about not being happy with what everyone gets. Was I blind, was there a "didn't want a third line at all " option ? as hinted above.

Did others pick the same option as me rather than "My option isnt listed below" for saying sod off with a 3rd choice :) ?

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
no they are kinda stupid.

They said that they assumed those who voted 'my choice isnt there' would send feedback to them, of which they got a little. Some saying no line at all, others saying something else.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Well considering this has so many implications for the game it would be great if offering some options regarding a 3rd ML line - they at least had one option that clearly stated I'm against a 3rd line in any shape or form.

Gamah

Banned
Why put an option in a poll that you dont want to hear the answer too, they have clearly done this.

Mythic didn't want an outright no, so they didn't put an option in for it.

Shafu

Fledgling Freddie
As usual, Mythic didn't include a choice for those who are against ToA. Instead, they made the poll very subjective. I would translate the two "negative" answers like this:

1) The 3rd ML line for MY class is not über enough.
2) Everyone else gets a better ML line than ME.

Adding a third ML line has a huge impact on balance. How is it relevant if an individual player likes the ML line he/she is getting (when you dont even register his/her class)?

I am against a third ML line for ANY class, but I resent the two choices above, because they make me sound jealous/greedy. This is a balance issue. Personal desires are irrelevant.

I voted "my choice is not listed". Mainly because this is the best way of saying "your poll sucks".

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
That poll was like the disclaimer at the bottom of sign up pages, you know the ones you have to read carefully or be faced with a barrage of spam in your inbox:

[ ]Tick here if you do not want to receive information from blah blah..
[ ]Tick here if you do want to receive information from blah blah..
[ ]Tick here if you do want to not receive information from blah blah..
[ ]Tick here if you do want to receive information us but not fromfrom blah blah..
[ ]Do not tick here if you do not want to receive information from blah blah..
[ ]Do tick here if you do not want to receive information from blah blah..
[ ]Do tick here if you do not want to receive information from no one or blah blah..

You get the drift.. this poll was truely :wanker:

Question to US peeps, on your survey, was there a "I hate this stupid idea that blows goats" option at all, or did both sides of the pond get shafted by abiguity?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom