That's oddly annoying.

W

Wilier

Thats oddly annoying.

Turns out that BT have set the trigger level for my local exchange at 200, with 160 people now pre reg.

I checked the Pipex availability tracker, and it said:
ADSLdenied.jpg

Bastiges. :(

I then, just for the hell of it, tried the Nildram site, and they said:
ADSLdenied2.jpg

:( :(

Buggers.

X

xane

Out of interest have you tried going through BT ? Even if you don't intend to touch BT they have a few more services that cater for low tolerance lines and longer distances, for example Rate Adaptive DSL (RADSL).

If you can then try and find an independent ISP that will cover it.

W

Wilier

Hmm, interesting Xane, I'll hunt that out.

Cheers ace.

Wilier.

W

Wilier

FFAaaaarrrrrrrrkkk.

Should I be using RADSL?
If you have ordered, or are using any product based upon BT Wholesale IPStream 500 (USB), IPStream S500 (Ethernet) or Home/Office 500 (wires only), you will be using RADSL automatically.

If you applied for ADSL before July/August 2001 and failed due to poor line quality, or you live too far from your local exchange (greater than 3 to 4km), the new more tolerant RADSL limits will give you a second chance to obtain broadband internet access at your premises. You need to go ahead and re-order ADSL. The new RADSL (rate-adaptive) test limits will be automatically used by BT.
From ADSL Guide

:(

BUT, I found this too:
Sunshine

And they should be in my area by the end of September :D

There is hope.

D

danger

Originally posted by xane
Out of interest have you tried going through BT ? Even if you don't intend to touch BT they have a few more services that cater for low tolerance lines and longer distances, for example Rate Adaptive DSL (RADSL).

If you can then try and find an independent ISP that will cover it.

All the online tests take the RADSL reach into account already... which extends the area from 3.5km to 5.5km for 512k DSL

BT are currently running an "extended reach ADSL" trial which will increase the range of RADSL... I don't know what their estimated distance will be but essentially it'll mean the maximum acceptable attenuation on the line will be upped to 60dB from 55dB... I guess it's probably too late to get on the trial now but rumour is if the trial is successful it should be launched around september time... I think the idea is that the range will be roughly upped to around 6.5km from the exchange... so hopefully that might just get you sorted...

Although I had a line length of 4.8km on my previous line which had an attenuation way into the 70's heh my new line is 5.2km and attenuates to 52dB.... as the yanks say go figure!

Users who are viewing this thread