That's it ... that was the last f*cking time.

F

fafa

Enough is enough imo ... too many bs with GOA, either i go play on daoc US or i buy SWG and try it out ...

T

the_smurflord

SWG? been there since beta, done that, now cancelled my account. The whole damn things so pet orientated that the player is relatively unimportant. It's more like massively multi-player online pokemon.

T

tris-

oh no you want play but you cant, you lost 30 pence, your life is ruined forever, please get a fucking grip.

I

Indiana Jones

lol swg

I'm playing swg and believe me, SOE's service is much worse then Goa's.

The game is still very buggy
chat doesn't work half the time
rollbacks every few days
servers are taken down EVERY day at 12 AM GMT (1 PM CET) for updates, which usually take 1-2 hours.

The gameplay itself is very good and is very promising (like daoc imo) but the service is hell

S

ssera

Re: swg

Originally posted by chigs
what is swg?

any good?

swg = Star Wars Galaxies (mmorpg set in star wars universe run by Sony Online Entertainment)

any good? - dunno, never played it.

V

vargen

Originally posted by morcheeba
Enough is enough imo ... too many bs with GOA, either i go play on daoc US or i buy SWG and try it out ...
yeah i agree with you.. totaly.. Once WoW comes out im leaving this sinking boat.
Guess who drilled the holes in teh boat? GOA .. gits.

I hope that GOAs company dies and all their equipment burnz!

M

mikkelhelle

I am out of here to:-((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Damn fucking GOA french asses

R

Roo Stercogburn

Something about the title of this thread reminded me of Fawlty Towers were Basil starts beating the crap out of his mini with a branch in frustration.

The mini took no percievable damage ;)

W

wid_caedes

Anyone apart from me think GOA are doing a swell job? They close the servers for half a day, and people are leaving the game? Just seems very childlike imo. Not many services (especially online ones) that never have/had a problem of any sort.

Just be cool, and make the best of our free day we'll get ;p

F

freeq

nice one, 3 down.... BW might actually have less whine posts on it after this :cheer:

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
Something about the title of this thread reminded me of Fawlty Towers were Basil starts beating the crap out of his mini with a branch in frustration.

The mini took no percievable damage ;)

Que?

S

syri

the servers have been closed today to put measures in to prevent any more 'hacks' using the same method used against pryd and lyo. The attacks were done by someone other than goa, and let's face it, you can't protect against every vulnerability that could possibly ever happen, so at least they're taking action to make sure it won't again.
I'm sure that compared to a lot of mmorpgs, we've got a pretty stable setup. i certainly don't recall many times that the servers have been down for long lengths of time...
would've been nice to have a news post earlier just to say that work is in progress on a fix, but can't have anything.
keep up the good work goa and mythic, and carry on fixing stuff as it comes up :great:

T

Tham

Originally posted by wid_caedes
Anyone apart from me think GOA are doing a swell job?

:clap: :viking: :clap:

Hope GOA thinks: ... hmm, ok 30 posts today about how bad we are, great, then its still 3000 players out there thats like what we do

:clap: :viking: :clap:

X

xcpt

Originally posted by n3wbie
oh no you want play but you cant, you lost 30 pence, your life is ruined forever, please get a fucking grip.

lol well said :)

D

denser

It's all part of the process, morcheeba.

.... Even I groaned at that one.

C

crucifiercobain

Originally posted by wid_caedes
Anyone apart from me think GOA are doing a swell job? They close the servers for half a day, and people are leaving the game? Just seems very childlike imo. Not many services (especially online ones) that never have/had a problem of any sort.

Just be cool, and make the best of our free day we'll get ;p

Well compared to some of the games I've been on (namely Legend Of Mir) I think GOA are doing a great job. Servers have been shut down so people complain. People want action taking so they don't get fucked acounts yet they don't want action that'll affect their gaming. I mean come on it hasn't even been a day the servers have been shut and people are acting like they've just injected the last drop of skag in the world into their veins, get a grip and go do something else.

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Re: Re: That's it ... that was the last f*cking time.

Originally posted by vargen
yeah i agree with you.. totaly.. Once WoW comes out im leaving this sinking boat.
Guess who drilled the holes in teh boat? GOA .. gits.

I hope that GOAs company dies and all their equipment burnz!

So you're gonna keep playing DAoC until WoW comes out even though you don't like playing?

Guess what: that's addiction...

I don't mind the service being unavailable for a day that much, as long as we get the downtime back.

Most of the 'omg GOA sucks so bad' whiners are DAoC addicts.

The only fault GOA really makes in my eyes is being slow and incomplete in informing their customers of what's going on.

However, in this case they are the victim of hacking. They'll want to be 100% sure of what exactly has been hacked and in what extent before they make any sort of announcement to us.

If you're the victim of hacking it's very hard to find out what exactly has been compromised; i'm sure that's what they're working on.

O

old.Maronan

Although in-availability of the game is always annoying, it is not the end of the world.

However, it would be cool if GOA did what Mythic did once in a near similiar situation: Gave all characters a stack of EXP, just for good humour.

Instead of XP, they might give gold, a respec stone or whatnot. Mostly just to follow in Mythic's footsteps.

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Originally posted by old.Maronan
However, it would be cool if GOA did what Mythic did once in a near similiar situation: Gave all characters a stack of EXP, just for good humour.

They gave EXP once in the early days of the server, they had some trouble then and everyone gained from it ;).

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by old.Maronan
what Mythic did once in a near similiar situation: Gave all characters a stack of EXP, just for good humour.

Huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom