Thanks to all those...

G

granny

... who made my night's playing so much fun lastnight :)

Spent about 10 days stuck on lvl 22 with Muirob, my bard, and decided lastnight that enough was enough. Packed a small lunch and a spare pair of firby-sized undies and headed up to Basar with LFG on.

Swiftly met up with a guild mate or two and within 10 mins we had a full group and headed into Cruachon Gorge to hunt some rats. Just as we were approaching the rats we noticed one of our number (our druid) had fallen off the train so myself and our Champion headed back to get him... only to see his health bar suddenly disappear... he'd been plinked by a Middy stealther! We bravely (foolishly?) carried on towards his location hoping to find & res him before the enemy spotted us but t'was not to be - just crossing a small lake and up popped the assassin. Purple to us of course, doing what comes naturally and plinking greys, I managed to get a mez off (it didn't stick of course) before we were both killed. So, quick release and some horses later and we regrouped in Basar.

Fearing that XP'ing would be tough with wandering assassins in the Gorge we spent a happy hour battling with pookahs & luachra's and when too many other groups decided they wanted to do the same we headed back into the Gorge.

Ah what fun was had :) 4 hours of rat hunting, piles of silver rolling in (just where do rats keep their money anyway? Hang on... I don't think I really want to know the answer to that...) and the XP flowing like it was water! To cut an already-long story down to something reasonable suffice to say we eventually started succumbing to exhaustion (and beer) and decided to head back home, all happy with the night's hunting.

Just as we were coming up to Ligen gates we spotted a fallen comrade on the path! I tried to res the unfortunate soul but was too low level to manage it and was just in the middle of informing him of this when the Alb stealther who'd taken him down popped me with 1 shot (again, purple to me, surprise hehe)! The group scattered towards the Ligen gates with the Alb firing after them and giving chase. 2 fell, a third, things were looking grim when with cinematic timing the gates opened and 4 of Hibernia's finest lvl 40+ warriors emerged! The crowd goes wild! Poor Alby assassin adds a nice brown lining to his trousers and scarpers only to be ruthlessly hunted down, although his nearby mate managed to take down his killer before scampering back into the dawn with his stealthed tail between his legs!

Couple of res's later and a mass dance on the dead Alb's rapidly-cooling body and the night was over. End result, 2 levels for Muirob, over 5g in coin, very few deaths in the group as a whole and most of those zero-xp-loss deaths and some great fun with a couple of sneaky invaders.

Best night's play I've had for ages, good group, mucho fun and even enjoyed getting twonked by the stealthers, so thanks to all involved, including the Albs & Middies! :D

Er sorry, that turned into an essay... hehe... if you actually read through all of that then... /salute !

A

angara-ffs

Weeeee
i like to read this stories :)

wtg Muirob! :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread