Thanks Goa :)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
for giving us a seemless transition into cluster.

I know lots of work goes on in background we dont see and when things go tits up everyone screens.

Well the cluster transition was flawless to me no disruptions and no bugs I can see yet.

thanks for all the hard work. we must as players remeber to take time to thank you (cant ever compensate for all the whine though I guess! :) )

Zegas

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
Well the cluster transition was flawless to me no disruptions and no bugs I can see yet.

Tell us lot who can't log in our characters :eek7:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Zegas said:
Tell us lot who can't log in our characters :eek7:
Zegas - 50 Warlock - The Salamanders

#care.no

nice work goa :)

Gungo

One of Freddy's beloved
Good job GoA, was pleasantly suprised to be able to log on so soon in the day, well done :)

:clap: :clap:

stumps

Fledgling Freddie
Apart from the Qbars being messed up on all Pryd players- yea good job GoA.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
stumps said:
Apart from the Qbars being messed up on all Pryd players- yea good job GoA.
Read their news, they tell you how to keep your old bars. :p

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
yep, niclely done, was very suprised they got it done really fast.

now ppl move your bbs away from portal keeps, i ld 6 times and once over half of my grp ld after /rel

Kathal

Fledgling Freddie
Now move on to the next task on your list.

doc-1354.jpg

IF they have been working on this since they put up this pic they need to sack the ppl doing so.
I think they have put this off until clustering and have been lying to us for months. Either way it’s not good enough.
A pic with the text "This has low priority. We will fix this asap." would have been so much better.

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
Kathal you need to stop playing DAoC, everything about it obviously cause you alot of griefe. Im so tired of reading your fucking whines everywhere.

/On topic.

Wtg GoA, been waiting for cluster for ages it seems. I didnt exspect to be able to logon untill late lastnight, so it was greate it was up so fast. Nice to see Prydwen wasent all empty, and actually consisting of other than "soloers".

Dorimor1

Banned
I agree with MesS.

Its good that clustering is out of the way now and GoA can sort out other things...

Abnormal

Fledgling Freddie
Camelot Reporter 21-10-2005 said:
Tip for the server clustering
When the clustering is run, one of the servers will be considered as the "main" one and one of the main after-effects of this appears in the character files of the second server. Those are then considered as characters of the first server and are duplicated in your game folder. You may have noticed that the names of the characters are followed by a number in your game folder, for instance, mike-177.ini. Those numbers correspond to a server and in this case, 177 is for Prydwen. When you play your character on the cluster, a new file appears, mike-33.ini, which corresponds to Excalibur. It's this file that will now be used by the game, since Excalibur will be considered as the "main" server. But when you will play your character on Prydwen for the first time after the clustering, you will notice that you will have to redo all your settings, quickbars, etc. To avoid this, you simply have copy the file of your character and to create a new one by replacing 177 by 33.
But this is possible only if you don't already have a character with the same name on Excalibur, because, in this case, you would already have a file name mike-33.ini. The easiest way in that case, is to contact the customer support asking (exceptionally) to rename one of the two characters. Give a list of 5 names you would like to give to your characters. But if you really want to keep both characters with the same name, there is another solution : copy in a folder your Prydwen character file and in another one your Excalibur character file and then place the one you want in your main folder before playing. You will have to take care not to overwrite the other file when you copy them before switching from one to the other, since they will both have the same name - mike33.ini here. Besides, note that we will not restore any character deleted on Prydwen and Excalibur, be it before or after the clustering. As it has already been indicated, if you have characters of different realms on these servers and you delete all the characters of one server, you will only be able to create characters of the realm of the other server for this one. So, think twice before typing "yes" to confirm the deletion.

Have a nice weekend and nice game !

there's the instructions for keeping the settings ;O

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:

Cept the task dungeons being fecked, but other than that aye, was a very fast and nice cluster patch.

PS. Plz fix this task dungeon problem quickly, not getting in is one thing, not getting in then for some reason getting ported to svasud faste is another :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom