Thanks for the memory?

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
OKay I have a Chaintech 7njs mobo that apparently supports 400MHz fsb with the latest bios and Ive flashed it to this. I want to put an XP3200+ in as they are really cheap now. When I put it in it runs fine for a while but if I run FarCry for instance it runs for a few seconds then crashes to desktop.

The memory I have installed is some unbranded PC3200 and I noticed that if I run the full memory check on start up it gets to 1GB then starts over again in a loop. So I suspect that my cheapy PC3200 isnt really up to the job. Is there a way to test it?

Note: The memory did work okay synchronously running at 166/333 but I guess it wasnt as stressed as now running at 200/400?

I cant think what else it could be and have checked Chaintechs site and forums about this board and they all seem to use the expensive stuff.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
doesnt sandra test memory ? could dl that and run the memory test in it .. or search on the forums here im sure i read something about a mem testers somewhere

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
If i clock it back to 166/333 I get a XP2500+ no matter what multiplier I try, a bit of a retro grade step.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom