Thanks for all the fun in leirvik :)

Bigbrother

Fledgling Freddie
o dont get me wrong i am not leaving Leirvik :) i am working VERRY hard NOT to leave the place.

anyways .. had some greate fun from about 1700 cet and 2h in , but had to leave to join a mlraid... but i be back today.. and as always , no matter who's realm .... if u see a solo guy try not to steamroll him , less fun then and u end up having a empty Leirvik. respect 1vs1 and play fair.

own u later

Xoxarle

Fledgling Freddie
Sometimes i consider dinging out of leirvik.. Theni think about whats waiting for me if i do.

1) The relatively small grind from 44 to 50, but still a pain to do

2) The stupidly long grind of getting decently high in ML's

3) The ridiculously long grind of either
a) Camping artifacts with groups and hoping they spawn/you get the drop, and then camping endless amounts of mobs for the scrolls to activate them

Or

b) Finding some way to grind enough money to buy all the scrolls and arti's from the consignment merchants and then hoping that you can catch other groups doing the arti's to get the credit.

4) The slow time of gradually getting a decent realm rank by joining random groups that you get killed in more often than you kill.

I think of that, and then i log back into leirvik and wonder to myself, why leave here? :)

Bigbrother

Fledgling Freddie
Xoxarle said:
4) The slow time of gradually getting a decent realm rank by joining random groups that you get killed in more often than you kill.
QUOTE]

all of the stuff true , BUT !! leivik has cap of rr3 , meaning u have some basic skills and hopefully understanding of your class.

A LOT of the lev50 ( all realms) comes out from some pl group , not even rr1.1 and xpt to be uber for a class they havent played at all.

I have a nice collection of lev 50 chars , but still its fun to play somthing else and learn that class, BG is a uberway to get that knowledge since you have a chance against players same level , and not to mutch of a rr diff.

and ofc ( dep on class) you could always attend a tower/keep take/defence
and still get some rp's

getting credit is easy , getting the stuff is harder so why use a low level for that ( unless thats all you have)

Xphyral

Fledgling Freddie
haha, bigbooms. lol i was trying my hardest to kill you yesterday. often at the expense of leaving your other group mates, your my toughest challenge yet, and i'm sure i would have dropped you at one point if not for that damn heal.. :)

i look forward to seeing you in leirvik again, remember my rapier now has your name on it.

Bigbrother

Fledgling Freddie
hehe

i am headed home from work now :) so yeah see u in 1h ish , and my hammer always ready for u :)

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
Eversmallx said:
Keep on zerging mids,

do you ever post anything other than <enter realm> zerg ??

i'm sure not so long ago you were accusing albs of zerging, and i'm sure hibs are also zerging maybe, just maybe, zerging is what goes on in the bg's

/shrugs

but than again maybe we should all formaly meet up in the lords room and toast on that that really good battle that didnt happen...

/shrugs

Everz

FH is my second home
I solo on my bg toons.. unbuffed.. pretty annoying gettin steam-rolled by fg's, or gettin added on by every enemy in a 1v1.

Xoxarle

Fledgling Freddie
Bigbrother said:
Xoxarle said:
QUOTE]

all of the stuff true , BUT !! leivik has cap of rr3 , meaning u have some basic skills and hopefully understanding of your class.

A LOT of the lev50 ( all realms) comes out from some pl group , not even rr1.1 and xpt to be uber for a class they havent played at all.

I have a nice collection of lev 50 chars , but still its fun to play somthing else and learn that class, BG is a uberway to get that knowledge since you have a chance against players same level , and not to mutch of a rr diff.

and ofc ( dep on class) you could always attend a tower/keep take/defence
and still get some rp's

getting credit is easy , getting the stuff is harder so why use a low level for that ( unless thats all you have)

Its all just a pain in the arse to me :)

Have even considered remaining in BG's after i hit rr3, just because i play the game for fun, not for realm points. So good fights even though i get no rp's are more important to me than steamrolling people and getting thousands, if you see what i mean.

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
Eversmallx said:
I solo on my bg toons.. unbuffed.. pretty annoying gettin steam-rolled by fg's, or gettin added on by every enemy in a 1v1.

soloing in the BG's are for noobs the ones that are too incompetent to work with a group, why dont you leave the BG's and go to solo RVR missions ??? (thids a little different but this stands in molvik and leirvik)

soloing is easy try working with a group when the numbers are equal.

heres a little something that i picked out from an interview with Matt Frior.

Q: asked about instanced RVR

A: We didn´t drop the idea, we replaced it with the RvR quests. The reason is, that we realised that DAoC is not an instanced RvR game. The key of the game is to conquer keeps, sieges, relics.

Instanced 8v8 RvR would be a step away from this key. We don´t want players to fight each other in instances, when there´s a battlefield. Instanced 8v8 fights may be nice, but that´s not what DAoC is about.

I seperated the last paragraph for you soloist my e-peens bigger than yours people.

Everz

FH is my second home
Ever think that solo'ing can be more rewarding then running around in a group wtfpwning ever duo/trio etc you see :eek7:

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Seems like a fun place, might pimp up my chanter for this :p

Bigbrother

Fledgling Freddie
Kalidur said:
soloing in the BG's are for noobs the ones that are too incompetent to work with a group, why dont you leave the BG's and go to solo RVR missions ??? (thids a little different but this stands in molvik and leirvik)

soloing is easy try working with a group when the numbers are equal.

heres a little something that i picked out from an interview with Matt Frior.

Q: asked about instanced RVR

A: We didn´t drop the idea, we replaced it with the RvR quests. The reason is, that we realised that DAoC is not an instanced RvR game. The key of the game is to conquer keeps, sieges, relics.

Instanced 8v8 RvR would be a step away from this key. We don´t want players to fight each other in instances, when there´s a battlefield. Instanced 8v8 fights may be nice, but that´s not what DAoC is about.

I seperated the last paragraph for you soloist my e-peens bigger than yours people.

its clueless people like YOU who makes leivik FUN !

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
Bigbrother said:
its clueless people like YOU who makes leivik FUN !

This clueless person has fun in leirvik, whether i'm alone or in a group as for you going against the grain of the game your fun is only situational. If this makes me clueless than so be it. I know which i'd rather have, fun all the time or just when when everyone else "listens" to me, or else i get stressed.

The new leirvik, please everyone form an orderly line so i can fight you 1 at a time. omg how much fun is that.

I'll tell ya what i count as fun, a solo duel, theres nothing in it, just bash the right button the right reaction oh god that was so hard.

Now look at it from one of the many many many fights i had in leirvik. Theres three of us, a caster, a heretic and my reaver. The caster gets killed by the 5-6 hibs around the CK area, the heretic monster rezzes the caster who runs into the little gap in the wall, I follow in the monster, as soon as I get opposite the doors in the little gap the hibs are camping there, first thing slam and indgo there healer to death, whilst still pbao pulsing to interrupt the caster.

Next dead is the caster, the stupid hib archer is still trying to fill the monster rez with arrows, he didn’t last long when I got to him, didn’t even slam just straight for the side chain = one dead hib. Than died the tank, and one archers tried to run up the ladder, so I chased him and as soon as I got to the top a warlock insta killed me (from inside the keep). No love lost that’s what the warlocks are there for.

Another situation theres only my reaver and a pally there, theres 2 warlocks a mid caster, a Bard and something else I didn’t bother taking much notice of, now here how It goes, I run towards them with the first warlock in sight, as soon as I get into DoT range I insta dot him than the insta lt and than the pulse as I get to him, while doing this I groundset my TWF as I run, and slam straight into the first warlock, and burn TWF which makes the rest panic, I blow ML1, 2 and 3 of the banelord line (caster ½ speed, 10% damage and almost like a root for the tanks), by this time 1 warlock is dead thanks to indigo, and the caster couldn’t even cast thanks to the DD pulses, he lasted 2 hits, the bard purged my slam but still got off an the side chain, he didn’t last long, The other warlock ran into the hole in the wall, it didn’t help him ran around the corner slammed and side styled him to death.

It doenst always work like that your also at times on the receiving end, but hey that’s what happens in on line “Massively Multi player” games. Not that I dislike soloing but I much prefer the above, if that makes me a clueless player than so be it. At least I don’t take the easy option and when it doesn’t suite me moan, or accuse everyone else of zerging.

Its a long post but its my opinion, rest assured i will never respect your "right" not to be attacked by me, regardless of the odds /shrugs

Bigbrother

Fledgling Freddie
Kalidur said:
This clueless person has fun in leirvik, blah blah blag .......

well sure , solo fighst groups fighst zerg fights whatever , but the point i think is to have somone to kill , and you have to agree..

now since you into excamples i make one JUST for you ..

5 albs roam in leirvik , there is 1 hib or mid .. they zerg it , mid/hib comes back they zerg it .... 10 min later and 10 death later ... 5 albs roam in leirvik , ALONE !! fightings npc's replace mid/alb/hib whereever u want

the point is not to ness. have duel and all ,, have fun thats all.. but when u alone there and get perma ganked by somone who pref 30rp instead of 300 rp .. u get my point

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
Bigbrother said:
well sure , solo fighst groups fighst zerg fights whatever , but the point i think is to have somone to kill , and you have to agree..

now since you into excamples i make one JUST for you ..

5 albs roam in leirvik , there is 1 hib or mid .. they zerg it , mid/hib comes back they zerg it .... 10 min later and 10 death later ... 5 albs roam in leirvik , ALONE !! fightings npc's replace mid/alb/hib whereever u want

the point is not to ness. have duel and all ,, have fun thats all.. but when u alone there and get perma ganked by somone who pref 30rp instead of 300 rp .. u get my point

I always said it was about fun, fun for all than why do the people who wish to group get called all sorts ?

And what do you expect this group to do ??

We never moan about the solo stealther thats just killed our caster, yet when we kill that solo stealther its called, noob tactics. I just think some of you soloist are sore loosers, cant take the heat of the battle, and when things dont go your way you rush on the forums with the FOA: <enter name or realm> lame noob .... .... ..... some other words that i cant post before 10pm.

Others on the other hand know where the zergs hang out and avoid those area's, i have no quarrel with them, they're out to have fun than so be it. my problem is the constant no realm specific person comes onto the forums and states it as being lame tactics and noobs and whatnot, when this is what realm vs realm is about. The <enter realm> zerging noobs adding to my duel, isnt this game about seiges, keeps, towers and "Realm vs Realm". Or did i just dream that up. Or the people that do nothing but post <enter realm> zerging ........

on a passing note, your toon the BD bigbones i rememeber that toon from leirvik, my firewiz was there at about the same time (firewiz was in leirvik for a while), not far after the release of NF. I distincly rememeber there being on many occasions, groups of mids running around with a few BD's, one of wich was yourself zerging everything in sight. Strange how tables are turned when you switch from a caster to a Tank, not that the BD cant solo 1vs1 anyway.

Xoxarle

Fledgling Freddie
Here's my two cents anyway,

Solo fights are the best, love 'em, just pure one on one, see who kicks who's arse.

But then, i'll do any fights, I don't even mind picking off people one at a time in a big group. If i attack a full group and then pummel me, so what, it happens, my own stupid fault.

The annoying thing is when there's a full group so totally and utterly scared of losing one member that they hang around the towers/inside the keep, or never leave their shroom field. It annoys me, sometimes i whine about it, but mostly i just log off and let them fight the npc's.

If I'm with a group and there's an enemy solo'er about, out of personal choice i will always fight them one on one, or let one of my group mates fight them one on one. And i'll ask my group mates not to add, if they do, they leave the group. People can play how they want, but if they want to play with me, they play my way or by themselves. This is just my own way of playing, I don't expect everyone to play the same, and I try not to get too pissed off when folks don't wanna play like me (Not saying i always remain calm, because I don't, far from it, but i do try). If there are two zergs running about, then I go no holes barred and fight everything, since its really the only way to do it at that point.

I actually had an argument a week or so back with one of my fellow realm mates, he was complaining because someone was breaking his mezz. I PM'd him and told him it was me, at which point he commenced having a hissy fit at me, so i explained that I do it to even the fight some, (I can't recall correctly, but there were a lot more albs than mids, and they kept steamrolling them, which I think sucks). But this conversation eventually progressed onto him stating that iof he wants to steamroll thats up to him, so i calmly stated that if i want to break mezzes and help another realm, thats up to me, eod. We all play how we want to play, and nobody really has the right to dictate anything else.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
I add on fights, I disrupt fights, I make life hell.

Do i give a fuck? :m00:

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
Xoxarle said:
The annoying thing is when there's a full group so totally and utterly scared of losing one member that they hang around the towers/inside the keep, or never leave their shroom field. It annoys me, sometimes i whine about it, but mostly i just log off and let them fight the npc's.

Isnt this game about towers, keeps, seiges and RVR ??

i cant see them doing anything wrong, they're defending a tower. They're not gonna be very good at defending it if the FG split into 8 mini groups all working individually are they now.

See its not the fault of the people who hang around the tower defending it, its you for not playing the game the way it was meant to be, fair enough if you enjoy it, than so be it but dont have a go at the people that are playing the game, the way it was meant to be played.

The tower wasnt just put there for eye candy, its there to provide protection and fighting over, why do you think you cant enter an enemy tower with conventional methods, you have to rely on seige weapons. If theres an FG gaurding a tower make sure you're at least close to a FG with some seige, If not your just an idiot for trying to take them out (if you do, that is). The BG's are not there for individuals to do individual things (they can but its not the purpose of the BG's), but there as a taste of RVR which requires team work, which some call zerging and noob/lame tactics.

Talking about leirvik and the BG with the smallest playing area i personaly think you must be extremely niave or just out and outright stupid looking for solo duels in such a BG, where everything happens in a little area, remember its about RVR, towers and seiges what the vast majority of us are out there are doing, not finding a solo enemies to duel, god that would be so boring if the BG's were only about duels.

Until the day Mythic publishes something stating that solo duels are the way to go, i'll just think the vast majority of soloist (when the BG's have action in them) i run into, in leirvik are just too incompetent to work with there realm.

Kalidur

Fledgling Freddie
Xoxarle said:
We all play how we want to play, and nobody really has the right to dictate anything else.

but you indirectly dictated the way that mezzer played and there was nothing the mezzer could do about it, that to me is bad.

Oh and About you breaking mezz, thats just lame, out and outright lame. You have this thing about how everyone should have fun, than what gave you the right to ruin his fun, with just lame ass tactics. Killing the enemy while outnumbering them is one thing (it is realm vs realm and tables do get turned), but sabotaging peoples fun just because you werent happy is low and to top it off its not like your the enemy and he can do anything. How can u justify your actions, you take the fun factor away from one person to give to another. hows that work out ?

Thats my opinion on your lame tactics.

just delete your alb toons and reroll somewhere else, i feel dirty now that i know you play alb.

Xoxarle

Fledgling Freddie
Kalidur said:
but you indirectly dictated the way that mezzer played and there was nothing the mezzer could do about it, that to me is bad.

Oh and About you breaking mezz, thats just lame, out and outright lame. You have this thing about how everyone should have fun, than what gave you the right to ruin his fun, with just lame ass tactics. Killing the enemy while outnumbering them is one thing (it is realm vs realm and tables do get turned), but sabotaging peoples fun just because you werent happy is low and to top it off its not like your the enemy and he can do anything. How can u justify your actions, you take the fun factor away from one person to give to another. hows that work out ?

Thats my opinion on your lame tactics.

just delete your alb toons and reroll somewhere else, i feel dirty now that i know you play alb.

And people indirectly ruin my fun when they steamroll constantly. Not because it bothers me they do it, but because it causes enemies to log, leaving an empty battleground.
And believe me, if i hadn't played alb for so long, and had some means of quickly levelling characters on another realm, i'd leave. As it is, I play how I want to, and everyone else can play how they want to.

Lame?
Well, sticks and stones my friend.

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Kalidur said:
Isnt this game about towers, keeps, seiges and RVR ??

i cant see them doing anything wrong, they're defending a tower. They're not gonna be very good at defending it if the FG split into 8 mini groups all working individually are they now.

Yeah and no and kinda.

I aren't sticking up for the people sayng solo duels are the best fights and the only fights worth having in the BGs. Full group vs full gruop is much more fun, as long as one side doesn't have too much of a proper setup - which normally they don't.

Towers and ck sieges though? It can and does get a bit shit in Leirvik sometimes. Like last night - well Thursday - we were no more than 8 Mids and about the same amount of Albs - Albion had the CK. Albs had a few decent fights against us in the open, and boith sides took losses. Then they just start to sit in the CK.

Well yeah fine, it's a siege, but tbh the Mids didn't have a chance to take it since most of us were melee toons (as normal, we are the melee realm ya know - even tho our tanks are shit compared to the other realms' now :p) and so there's nowt we can do and so everyone from all sides just log out.

That's just crap - why bother sitting inside? Even if you can't win surely one final charge before bed is better than a dog shit war of attrition that's guaranteed to make everyone quit, no?

All sides do it, I aren't just having a go at one realm in particular. Mids, in all honesty, do it less though. Especially me - you'll always find my on my shaman Philmisc or whatever rushing around like a loony and quite often dying - but I at least have a go :p

That's just my opinion of NF in general though. Razing towers is a nice way to go but they should make it so you can raze keeps too imo.

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Mids do it less? Not my in my expierence anyway, every time I go to leirvik or molvik its always the same. Mids sit in CK / Tower and wont come out, or only come out when stealthers attack etc. These are times when the mids I refer to have equal or more people as well, so its not like they would be zerged. In molv it was the same thing, you would meet a mid group of same numbers, one less, one extra etc its different every time and then after one loss they will stay camped at mtk and not leave it at all until the albs log. Then you wonder why theres no fights?

Same shit happend a few days ago in leirvik and I do believe your shammy was there, possibly at the end thou, the mids had the ck and just sat inside it while we sieged it. At first it was fair numbers wise and the mids still camped the CK which is fine I suppose as they are defending the CK but then later on when we broke the wall, you guys had more people than us and still just sat inside the CK. we had enough time to go off and get a siege ram and use that but you wouldnt come out. When you did finally come out you would run away again after the fight, people got bored/ pissed and logged.

Now I am not saying albs dont do this because we all know every realm does it, all im saying is dont just assume its albs only doing it all the time. From my point of view its rather contrary to say the least but I understand it happens the other way round from time to time and just accept that.

*Warning Rant on*
PS: would all the buffed Stealthers fo attacking solo unbuffed people and grow some balls please :D. If you have any tecency, when you meet the same person you just 'wtfpwnd' with ur skilled buffs, you would drop your buffs and try it on equal ground. I dont for a second believe that would ever happen as the whole reason ppl use the BB's is to 'wtfpwn' but hide behind the claim of " Everybody has a BB! I'm just keeping it fair and on a lvl playing field!" Bollox to that, if that was the case you would certaintly not 'wtfpwn' and there wouldnt be an endless stream of shit movies with buffed to the tits stealthers owning all etc.
*Finally Rant off*

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
Vindicator said:
Now I am not saying albs dont do this because we all know every realm does it, all im saying is dont just assume its albs only doing it all the time. From my point of view its rather contrary to say the least but I understand it happens the other way round from time to time and just accept that.

In my experience, Mids rarely sit in the keep till everyone logs. If people are willing to attack, then yeh we'll sit inside and use the advantages of defending - but if the Hibs or Albs that are they pull back outside the walls (because they keep dying or get bored) then the Mids I've played along with will oblige them and sally even if it means we die. However I don't find the reverse to be true. Like the night before last .... We couldn't take the level 5 keep with a fg of us, even though there was only about 4 Albion inside. We were all melee, and so one by one people logged out bored. I know this is gonna happen anyway but why not just say - Fek it!! - and charge? I would , and do :p

This isn't always the case and I guess all sides must do it - or I'm calling you a liar and I aren't. Regardless - I just think its a huge shame to just wither and log. Just rush, then we can all log out happy :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom