Thank You Albs !

O

old.Eynar_Vega

Just wanted to thank the albs for ruining the event on Thidranki today...great idea to camp keep from start until end! BAH:puke:
:twak:

O

old.Revz

That was an event test so I presume that you have found a flaw in it :) All through the event our guild was saying that holding the keep was too big an advantage but I presume this will all go into the post-mortem they are writing.

S

-Steph-

Im sure it's because we had more people and higher levels :p

O

old.XanateA

Hehe yea, fi you get enough ppl inside, its impossible to charge :|
We have to mezz sorcs on 4-5 different locations inside the keep, and the sorc only have to mezz at 1 place, and they were atleast 5.

Good tactics etc, the most fun was in the first fight.. hibs were inside.. mids ran in, had a good fight.. many ppl dying on both sides.. we got a demon, albs charged.. we killed first wave, hibs come... we fight to last man.. then albs come again and we get whiped.
and then the keep camp began :|

O

old.Revz

I don't think it is possible to take a keep with even numbers on both sides given the defensive bonus of just being inside it. Also I will eat my hat the day you see 5 sorcerors inside Thid on a normal server :)

N

)nick(

I loved playing my sorcerer, what a hoot. All I did was mez, dd, mez, dd. Nice change from my infil :)

K

Keri

Originally posted by old.Pepsay
thid event?... and i missed it? :(

Apparently it was by invitation only. Who knows .. maybe the invitees pay more for their accounts than we mere mortals, so they get special treatment. [/sarcasm off]

I

ImLestat

Originally posted by Keri

Apparently it was by invitation only. Who knows .. maybe the invitees pay more for their accounts than we mere mortals, so they get special treatment. [/sarcasm off]

Nah, you just have to be in the "Big guilds" to get that sort of special treatment...

J

Jupitus

The Eyes and Ears team did a small test of an upcoming event, and then some guilds were invited to test the same event on Gorre - those who were invited to a private test should have the bloody sense to not come here bleating about it and spoiling for others.

If you have comments or feedback about the test then pass them back through your GM to GOA and STFU.

Don't spoil it for everyone else gang... hopefully a mod can edit this and remove any detail.

Jup.

K

Keri

Originally posted by Jupitus
The Eyes and Ears team did a small test of an upcoming event, and then some guilds were invited to test the same event on Gorre - those who were invited to a private test should have the bloody sense to not come here bleating about it and spoiling for others.

If you have comments or feedback about the test then pass them back through your GM to GOA and STFU.

Don't spoil it for everyone else gang... hopefully a mod can edit this and remove any detail.

Jup.

Maybe next time they should invite the small guilds. :p :rolleyes: :m00:

O

old.Mitsu

Yea why dont we bring 500 people into thidranki... :rolleyes:

O

old.Krogar_Thane

HEY! dont forget the small guilds!

i dont know if this gets back to GOA, through the mods or whatever.

but im a little dissappointed with the sentence "some of the big guilds were invited"

what about the small guilds? we are just as commited, often with a more friendly know every1 in the guild attitude, we like it that way, we play together, RvR together, xp together.

small is beautiful, at the moment i and some of my guilders are the most active players on thidranki, i myself being a more casual player have had new life breathed into DAOC because i can test a char to 24 without the agony of Xping to 50.

i would hate to think, that as a member of a small guild we were overlooked to help in testing such matters, ive made posts and questions about the thid events on the battlegrounds forum, and we have alot of mature , experienced and competent players on our guild.

yes, im selling the small guilds, dont forget us...small is beautiful.
we dont wanna be overlooked becos of our size.

:clap: :mad: :clap: :mad: :clap: :mad:

O

old.Krogar_Thane

if its a joke, its a good 1

but seriously, its dead wrong concerning events, testing and suchlike.

B

Brannor McThife

Jup...

If you have suggestions on how to make all this better, please post your thoughts on the fansites, and we will read up on it.
So the thread is ok...
Now, how about some more feedback people...
And if you people camp that keep again, I'm blackmailing Kemor into making me a dragon for real this time... ;)

-G

O

old.Spanjab

Not sure making it mainly for big guilds is a good idea........

Let's face it, 90% of the lvl 20-24 characters in a big guild will be alts, surely putting an event in Thidranki is to target newer players?

O

old.Spanjab

A good example of which is the person who first moaned here:

-Eynar Vega - lvl 50 skald
-Tormax Vega - lvl 4x shaman
-Marnik Vega - lvl 3x hunter

O

old.Eynar_Vega

OMG, if you don't like a particular thread then leave it and don't reply ffs. I didn't know it was not allowed to post messages of disapproval on these forums, but now I know I promise I'll never do it again Mr. author of the post just above.....yeah right :puke:

And to the (serious) people who had remarks on why only big guilds were invited: the only reason for this is that you needed a full group of people for the event, so GOA probably invited the bigger guilds so they could be more or less sure that they would have the required amount of people for it. I say more or less, since some guilds didn't show up with a full group, although specifically asked:rolleyes:
And not the size but the rp ranking was GOA's first choice if i'm not mistaken btw

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Brannor McThife
Jup...

So the thread is ok...
Now, how about some more feedback people...
And if you people camp that keep again, I'm blackmailing Kemor into making me a dragon for real this time... ;)

-G

Oops - my bad :eek:

O

old.Spanjab

Hmmmm, seems some people really over react! Grow up it is just a game!

Seems that some people who I won't mention again think that cos they have 3 high level characters and all that, should be allowed the priviledge of being in the Thidranki event but all the other newbie players who are only lvl 20-24 shouldn't?

Hmmm :puke: :sleeping:

I wonder why people are leaving this game so quickly, perhaps once there are only a few people left who are all lvl 50 with lvl 50 alts and ego problems DOA will realise their mistake

Spanjab

PS I do like the thread that's why I replied, if you don't want people disagreeing then perhaps you shouldn't start the thread in the first place ffs :puke:

K

klavrynd

alb 1 :"look guys, there's a keep"

alb 2:"w00t, let's camp it , and if everyone leaves out of utter boredom we'll have those 10 demon's easily"

The first 10-20 minutes were a blast, and as steph mentions, the mid population was only 3/4 with white rose still being in jordheim at 19:00 and lots of em (let's call it )"having trouble" getting in (gg when you have 2 days to make chars)

but after that it was : run up to keep/get mezzed/get nuked/release/rince and repeat

K

klavrynd

Seems that some people who I won't mention again think that cos they have 3 high level characters and all that, should be allowed the priviledge of being in the Thidranki event but all the other newbie players who are only lvl 20-24 shouldn't

In most cases, if you levelled your character to 50 (yourself) , you know how to play it and know all the pro's and cons of it.
You have an idea of the other realm's skills.

You must admit that everyone can level a char to 24 and know jack shit about the game and his/her class.

and spanjab, you better mezz the big green monster called jealousy that's engaging you

O

old.Spanjab

Hahaha!

Case in point klav, 'ooo I am better than you are'

Whatever

:puke:

Just cos some lvl 24's don't know jack about the game doesn't mean all of them don't!

I know more than 1 lvl 50 who knows nothing about the game cos they are lvl 50's handed down by people who got annoyed at the attitude of some of the uber players :/

K

klavrynd

read it again

on second thought, let me give you the thing i mean on a golden dish, neutralising your venom

In most cases, if you levelled your character to 50 (yourself)

O

old.Eynar_Vega

Originally posted by old.Spanjab
Hmmmm, seems some people really over react! Grow up it is just a game!

Seems that some people who I won't mention again think that cos they have 3 high level characters and all that, should be allowed the priviledge of being in the Thidranki event but all the other newbie players who are only lvl 20-24 shouldn't?

Hmmm :puke: :sleeping:

I wonder why people are leaving this game so quickly, perhaps once there are only a few people left who are all lvl 50 with lvl 50 alts and ego problems DOA will realise their mistake

Spanjab

PS I do like the thread that's why I replied, if you don't want people disagreeing then perhaps you shouldn't start the thread in the first place ffs :puke:

Hahaha, just hit puberty i bet...I was going to reply to the bs you wrote, but I just realized it simply isn't worth it...

Spanjab for president !

O

old.Spanjab

ROFLMAO!!!!

I am 32 m8, wasn't me coming onto the forum and crying like a baby cos a few Albies owned me.

Play the game m8, don't just complain about it.

People who complain about everything aren't worth my time, once they grow up perhaps they will realise crying on a forum isn't very mature or much fun. Not worth reading this thread any more, CYA.......

K

klavrynd

<looks up lobotomy in the dictionary>

that's why certain 32year olds act like this

Users who are viewing this thread