Thanes omg!!

did anyone else miss this in the RA review??

THANES GET DET!!!

Determination Passive Reduces the duration of all crowd control spells by the listed percentage. 1% 4% 10% 20% 34%
Heroes, Warriors, Armsman, Berserkers, Mercenaries, Blademasters, Savages, Champions, Paladins, Reavers, Thanes, Valewalkers, Scouts, Rangers, Hunters, Wardens

woot!!

shame my friar got the shit kicked out of it with no IP or Dodger =(

old.anubis said:
so?
u think problem with thanes is det?
lol

it is indeed a major factor with not getting grps in RvR, and considering mythic said a while back they wouldnt get DET i wonder why the turn around? seems mythic are full of their own shite.. sure Thanes WS is sucky, and theyre HP aren't great.. but Det is a nice add for them, certainly will see more Thanes around after this i think.

and as to your reply please tell me where i said DET was a problem for Thanes? i didnt in fact say anything of the like.. just that Thanes would now get it.. so please take your lol elsewhere and troll another forums for your post count

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
This doesn't change much tbh - Even it was just Determination that was the problem Thanes would still have to spec Det 5. to get what Warriors, Beserkers and Savages get as baseline (Det 4 gives 20% reduction, but thats still less - hence Det5) - this is of course, assuming they don't put any points in Det themselves (very unlikley)

Name: Stoicism
Effect: Reduces the duration of all forms of crowd control by 25%. Stacks with Determination.
Reuse Timer: Passive
Heros, Warriors, Armsman, Berserkers, Blademasters, Mercenaries, Savages

Not that this isn't a step in the right direction, but theres still a lot to be done before Thanes are seen more activly in RvR (outside guild groups) by both Mythic & The community.

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
a) u play albs excal
b) u post 2 weeks old info with 1000 existing topics about it
c) u make two threads about it

who's trolling here? ^^

old.anubis said:
a) u play albs excal
b) u post 2 weeks old info with 1000 existing topics about it
c) u make two threads about it

who's trolling here? ^^

a) i play both mid and alb excal
b) may be old but i wasnt gonna scroll thru all the shite posted before
c) Lag post... not my fault net is screwed atm.

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
no point getting det as a thane, just get purge 3, much more useful in my opinion

Archeon said:
This doesn't change much tbh - Even it was just Determination that was the problem Thanes would still have to spec Det 5. to get what Warriors, Beserkers and Savages get as baseline (Det 4 gives 20% reduction, but thats still less - hence Det5) - this is of course, assuming they don't put any points in Det themselves (very unlikley)

Not that this isn't a step in the right direction, but theres still a lot to be done before Thanes are seen more activly in RvR (outside guild groups) by both Mythic & The community.

its the stoicism that scares me, reducing a mezzing class down to mez of maybe 10-15secs max?
why dont they just remove mez ffs, its gonna be worthless against a tank with det5 + a few lvls of stoic... cant see a sorc or any other primary mezzing class getting a grp spot..unless your a healer... glad i didnt bother with my sorc now, sheesh.. waste of spec pts into mind, might roll her into Body sorc..

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:
its the stoicism that scares me, reducing a mezzing class down to mez of maybe 10-15secs max?
why dont they just remove mez ffs, its gonna be worthless against a tank with det5 + a few lvls of stoic... cant see a sorc or any other primary mezzing class getting a grp spot..unless your a healer... glad i didnt bother with my sorc now, sheesh.. waste of spec pts into mind, might roll her into Body sorc..
i think mezz will be more power full with det nerfed (only half effect for much more points) and stocisme is baseline.
and wiht det atm r the mezz only 10-15 sec :D

plastic

One of Freddy's beloved
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:

OMG OMG X-REALMER???!?

someone shoot him

Santa's little helper

Fledgling Freddie
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:

If you think mez will be useless, then it's YOU who doesn't know sheit...

Scenario: .. 1 fg albs comes running towards 1fg mids (me). Sorc quick stunned and the 1fg albs are mezzed. The tanks are fast out of CC, and moves towards ME (pac healer) just to realise im guarded by 2 fat trolls with bodyguard. Assist train on the armsman, and he's dead in ... what? 3 sec?

My job will just be to take out casters, expecially sorc.

Renwind

One of Freddy's beloved
Elewyth(TLSOA) said:

stick to one realm per server imo

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
katt! said:
strong words ebayboi.
If you're going to insult someone, atleast get your facts straight?

But then again, you do everything you can for attention.

*sigh*

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
tbh, I don't get it. Valewalkers and wardens get det, but not friars. Weird.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Archeon said:

The changes to the stormcalling line have been good, upping the damage potential is never a bad thing. With the next patch our nukes will actually hurt for a change, especially if we invest in wild power.

Still need slightly better meelee as we still miss far too much, or even a way to combine spell damage and meelee, either making more of our spells instas or even allowing our buffs to stack with shammy st/con and runie da with no falloff. But thanes aren't the complete gimp class they were 1 year ago, the problem is that people still see us that way and don't group with us which doubly hamstrings us as we need rps to make us more viable but it's incredibly difficult to get them.

stubbyrulz

Fledgling Freddie
yah hate it how all the fotm people still refuse to change their minds about anything :/ thanes make great guardbots as you can assist with nukes while gaurding healers etc. :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom