Thane RA's?

S

SilverHood

I've got 14 points atm... was thinking about going for +6 con, +6 str, toughness (+3% HP) and then purge

Is static temptest any good?

S

Solid

Firstly dont bother with Str, it doesnt really give u an extra edge. whats 6 extra Str to a class that has between 240 and 280 Str self buffed?

Secondly toughness doesnt give you 3% hp, it raises your maximum hp cap without actually filling that cap, ie as a norse my HP cap is 1368, toughness would raise it by 41hp to 1409, but it wont GIVE me 41hp.

Aug Con is nice, adds 6 con per level = 6x3.6 hp (21.5)

I have mixed feelings about Purge its an expensive skill and on a long timer, so wont comment on that.

Also consider long term planning, I am definately going for Mastery of pain at some point, and for that i need Aug Dex 2.

So currently I have specced Ignore Pain (23 points to get), Avoidance of magic 2 (4 points), Aug Dex 2 (4 points) and have zero points left over.

Because we will get a RA respec I am more expirimenting with Av of magic to see if it really makes a difference to my survivability whihc in turn should effect my rp earning potential.

S

SilverHood

yeah suppose the str one can go then... still, it's only 1 point for 6 str

I'm only buying the Aug con 1 atm, waiting a while to see whats handy
If I raise my HP cap by 3%, how do I fill it then? does my con cap raise too?

What about static tempest? Is it worth spending anything on?

G

Glyph_mid

Ive taken Ignore pain, 2x aug dex to get Mastery of pain, which i have used 2 points in, so all in all 31 points.

//edited to 31 speccpoints, not 41

S

Solid

I am gonan do what Glyph did and dump my 4 points from AoM into MoP instead with respec.

IP is a dream and better than Purge imo.

Static tempest? whats that, I have mentally blocked that piece of junk from my memory, its lamer than lame, forget it

in order of importance IMO

IP
MoP
AoM
Purge
Aug Con

S

Sarnat

I had 20 pts and took Purge and Avoidance of Magic 3, which gives 9% to all spell resists.

So far been in RvR once and used purge successfully couple times. Never saved my life yet but enabled me to continue the attack with others instead of waiting 1 minute for all albs to get away.

IMO Ignore Pain is too expensive (23 pts) for a 30min timed ability. True, it's powerfull, so if you can afford the points, I'd probably take it. But 1st on my list are aug dex 2 and mastery of pain 2 and maybe mastery of blocking 2 also.

I thought Toughness actually gives you HP. What cap is it rising if not your max HP then? Can't be the 200 HP cap from items, as 3% would only give you 6 more HP and people report getting 30+ HPs.

C

caldor78

You guys do know that realm ability respec is already availible, right?

S

Solid

yes we do but who inn their right mind specs RA and respecs em straigth away? we r testing em out, feeling whast good, then respec if needed, we dont respec cos we can we respec if we need it/want it :)

T

Tjalfe

toughness gives u hp ...

i took my lowbie skald out with "3 RA points" to test abit ... so i wouldn't have to use a respec on my main.

my skald is lvl 31 and has (675 hits with items on) and after i took thougness 1 i had 693 hits.

the math. probally looks something like this:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

675/100 = 6,75 = 1% of my hits (but i think the game can take .00 decimals)

so i round it down to 6.

6*3 (the 3% increase from thoughness) = 18 hits.

675 +18 = 693 (thats the amount i had afterwards)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

hope it helps ppl .... could actully become a nice amount of hits when your lvl 50 ... much more then +6 con.

O

old.Det

Didnt have alot of points to spend, so got purge aom 1 and fa 2. Like purge, its on a long timer but its still been very usefull for me. Fa 2 is semi usefull when you dont have a grp in emain, but the heal is for around 200 hp NOT 60% of your total like it said. Saving up for IP now, will prolly get it at around new year 2004.

Oh and Static tempest is a strong rival to Strong swimmer (or whatever it's called) for being the biggest waste of points.

C

caldor78

Ok, guess I'm not totally sane then :)
Anywho, just do it with your donald duck char, ie Thidranki char, since it only takes about 2 nights of playing to get it up to 24 again after a reroll.

S

Solid

hmm well then toughness = at maximum for me (as a norse) 3% of 1368 per level = 41hp a level in Toughness, thats more hp per level than Aug Con, so why waste points in Aug Con when Toughness gives u more?

for Thanes/Skalds 1 point of con = 3.6hp so Aug Con 1 = 6*3.6 = 21 hp. at hp can Tougness 1 = 41hp.

you can see which is better value, IF it works in this manner.
Need a level 50 with 1300+ hp to test out toughness and report it really.

If it works as above Tougness 2 and Aug Con 2 would give Norse Thanes/Skalds a maximum of +124 hp at a cost of only 8 RA points. capping at a whoping 1492 hp

Can you say mmmmm Pieeeeee

S

SilverHood

its 3% of your current HP right?

so fi you do the aug 1 or 2, and get an extra 6 or 12 con and THEN do the toughness, it should increase your HP even more?

S

SilverHood

he, it's compound interest... my maths AS level in maths did have some use

T

Tjalfe

My calc. show me +126 hits.

he has 1368:

12*3,6 = 42,2 (Aug. Con. 2)

1368+42,2 = 1410 hits

1410/100 = 14,1

14*6 = 84 hits (Thoughness 2)

42+84 = 126 extra hits (with 8 points spend)

this would work well with IP from a tank.

S

Solid

Mythic have a nasty habit of rounding down before continuing calculations, so thast why I rounded down all figures.

If its 126 then super, thts what I am gettign, means I can have a max unbuffed hp cap of 1368+42+126=1536 very tasty indeed.

Currently running around with 1363, need a soulbinders to get me to cap hp and then get that Aug Con 2 and Toughness. Already have IP and its great.

T

Tjalfe

again u made a small calc. error solid.

the bonus hits u get are all together 126 hits .... not 42+126.

means u would get 1368+126 = 1494( if u get Aug. Con 2 and thoughness 2)

M

myrte

I first bought Aug. Con for 21 HP increase, then toughness I for a 35 HP increase and later toughness II for again 35 HP increase. Dont't ask me what the base HP is that the calculation starts with but it looks a bit scary to me.

Anyway, I think 1 point in each Aug. Con and toughness is worth the inverstment. Another 3 points for toughness II is not so clear imho.

S

Solid

Reverse calculate the 35 hp from Toughness and you find 1167 is the hp that is used and 3% of that is added which is 35 hp :)
Seeing as I can cap my hp at 1368, I dont see why they should use 1167 as the base to add 3%, kinda phoney of u ask me, damn u Mythic, u r scamming us

M

myrte

Hm, just guessing, but 1167 sounds very much like the max HP you get as a Norswoman (+10 con at creation) and capped con-gear but without the capped HP-gear.

So Toughness might get you:

3% from base-HP + HP from con-gear

S

Solid

Bang on the dollar again dear Myrte. This truly sux, vry poo hp gain.

Maybe Aug Con 1 and toughness 1 are worth it, only 2 points for 35+42 hp boost permanently, I think thats a fair price

W

Wij

Solid you stat-whore !

You're not a Role-Player, you're a Number-Cruncher :)

S

Solid

Aye Wij, aiming for uber leetness via Statistics :)
If I was an rper, I would never play DAoC.

in DAoC, Level>Items>Spec, and it takes unbelievably godly skilled players to be that damn good with a gimp specced gimp class with gimp items

I am an good player, not elite, so I need all the item/spec help I can get :)

Users who are viewing this thread