Thane Help with artis

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
Made a thane on limors and really loving it...except the hard to understand german. Ive specced her 44 hammer 45 sc 42 shield and 10 parry. ML Battlemasta for the BGing and also cl10. I wanted it for a defensive RvR'er and for a lot of PvE so all round spec. What artis are best to get for a thane? And what are the best weapons and shield to use...etc. Any help appreciated.

skilth/karlos

Loyal Freddie
the usuall mate...? malice,WH,som mabe anitoos,magma infused or even a crafted shield for more utility :S ur personal prefrence i guess :p

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
For PvE belt of the sun weapons are fantastic. Don't need to repair them and they do energy damage and debuff the same type of damage as you.

Grab some cata armour for PvE because those bonuses really help. Unfortunately I don't know what the German names for PvE bonuses are.

For RvR PM somebody who plays a Thane actively in a fg and ask if you can see their template. Thats the best way of seeing whats important to get.

Chance

Loyal Freddie
GoV MS WH SoM LGM Swords/champ sword malice is crap battler is ok with the proc and stuff

dunno much about the new dragon items

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Im not 100% sure with the new style changes, but the spec i found best was 50 sword, 42 shield, 39 cs, due to the ragnarok style aswell as dd proc on other styles.

Artis, battler for 2h and a really fast 1h sword.
Gov, scarlars, cb is good ones to have.
some like WH but im not sure about that one.

and damnit gus, get your scrawny kobold arse over to US already :p

Raimo

One of Freddy's beloved
Im not 100% sure with the new style changes, but the spec i found best was 50 sword, 42 shield, 39 cs, due to the ragnarok style aswell as dd proc on other styles.

Artis, battler for 2h and a really fast 1h sword.
Gov, scarlars, cb is good ones to have.
some like WH but im not sure about that one.

and damnit gus, get your scrawny kobold arse over to US already :p

The style change patch is 1.91 afaik
So ragnarok is still uber in EU.

Nibble

Part of the furniture
style changes dont really effects the thane/valk, well my valk isnt gimp from haveing ragna as a followup atleast

dont see why a thane gone hammer tho:s

but gov/som/ms/wh/eds? crafted shield champ/td/croc

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Gustav. I love you!! Aww I wanna play temair now. But I can't bring myself back to the bad addiction.

Eithor

Fledgling Freddie
Dont go 44hammer m8, 39(75value dd proc) or 50(175value dd proc, ragnarok is 150) (if getting of parry-dd proc-chain 39-50 a a thane it's some major damage), only useful if parry though.

Also DoomHammer is an excellent tool, both for timered dps spike and for utility.

But you should go with 50sword, soon enough both polar rift and ragnarok get nerfed for both valk and thane (polar rifts dd proc value go from 75 down to 45, and ragnarok become second in a style, 1th style at 39 (it's from behind-snarestyle, so nice in it's own), where you now (or before if on us) could get off 4-5 ragnaroks after slam, you now can get off 2, but miss/whiff with the 39style, and you're down to maybe 1 ragnarok.

So 50sword,42shield,38sc,10parry until rr5 or until it gets nerfed. Then try different specs and play around with.

Axe I never liked, hard to do burst-dps (lol yeah, for a thane) with it, and seems to get resisted alot (the axe 50style).

Anyway, my thoughts ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom