Thane epicarmor

O

old.Max Payne

Oi,

I was wondering why the thane epicarmor sucks so much ... I got MUCH less HP.. can't raise it cause my con is still capped, and well.. the resist's aren't as nice too. I heard most classes saying about that their armor rules.. wel Thane's armor SUX.

Thx Mythic for ruining our class.

:m00:

P

- Pathfinder -

Heh, cleric Epic armour has a total of what, 16 dex? Woo...

S

Solid

Thane epics armour has too much Str and Con and not enough +hp or +Dex/Pie.

Its gonan be a nitemare aquiring the appropriate accessories to boost our dex, resists and +hp

I went from +119hp from items down to +30hp from Epic armour

P

- Pathfinder -

Know the feeling. The Hauberk (and gloves) of the cleric set are pure rubbish, glad there are alternatives.

K

kalgarn

well,zerker armor doesn't look that bad but it has an awfull colour and i can't dye it.lol
so when ppl see someone comming with orange gloves/hauberk/arms and blueish legs/shoes/helmet it's a zerker,just kill it from a distance.:rolleyes:

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

I'm hoping (in vain) that the healer epic armour offers us more strength, constitution and quickness; that would aid the soloing abilities of the neglected augmentation healers. I'm tired of arguing my case for armour that drops that most would consider only suitable for our 'tank' classes.

K

klavrynd

kalgarn, zerk armor caps str bigtime, the stupid belt sucks monkeypoopoopoo and the colors make you look like a lvl 5 colorblind blademaster that spent all his cash on cheap dye.

But hey, you're mister positive :p

edit : added :

Ayam i've got a superduper shadowsteel belt you can have if you want (+10 str/con)

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Originally posted by klavrynd
Ayam i've got a superduper shadowsteel belt you can have if you want (+10 str/con)
Fortunately I have a belt of glacial might gotten from a wretch or something in Raumarik, I actually won it from Blejsarus in a lottery with just him and I. Of all the thanes able to get that belt, I had to win the lottery over the most deserving. <cringe> Which is sort of ironic considering my initial complaint.

If I patted you on the head as a show of 'thanks anyway', would you find it as patronising as I found your offer of the shadowsteel belt? <scowl>

Just kidding. <smile>

K

klavrynd

<scribbles an extra name on the "never offer any stuff anymore"-list>

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Then you shall never be able to trade for my Boots Of A-Grade At Paranoia, and the Korean girls shall laugh at you while you play, yes they shall laugh with scorn! <looks down from atop his high rocking-horse>

B

Berz Blackburn

Hehe well the Skald's is supposed to be one of the worst looking armors but i don't complain on the stats i am capped on str/con/hp and with DF items capped with char too :)
Also got some ok-ish resists.

Yep seems like Thane's aren't that good :|

D

Derric

Hey I think the Infiltrator armour was very good.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

O

old.Max Payne

Well.. little update :D

I bought some stuff in DF and I'm above the 1300hp again .. not at my usual hp but I'm gonna buy some other stuff too that will give me 60more hp so it's not that bad afterall :)

btw Blaen .. SPAMMER :m00:

S

Solid

I am not going for the max HP effect tbh.

I am going to try and max as many Resists as possible then work on +hp gear and +dex gear.

IMO trying to get 20%+ in all resists is an ideal way to go.
Trying to max Spirit, Heat, Body Cold and Matter.

ATM have maxxed Spirit, Heat, Cold and Body, matter is lagging behind at 10% and energy is at a measly 8%.

I think Midgards classes were designed to be weak vs energy spells as the whole realm is severly lacking in it.

I am aiming for 20%+ melee resists too, currently at 14% Thrust and Crush, 17% Slash.

I have created a spreadsheet to track my progress and help me know what items and stats I need to boost.

All Middie tanks are welcome to have a browse and maybe tailor one for themselves :D

Enjoy

TPT's Thane Gear Optimisation Spreadsheet

You will need M$ Excel to view and edit it

O

old.Gromnir

Nice Solid I think i'll try and work out my stats too :)

I know from one thing that my melee resistens is low (hope the epic armor will help there), I know my cold sucks to, Body is great tho 27% and if that wasent cap i'd have a hell lot more.

And besides to the people who whine over their epic armor, you kow you dont have to ware it all, or even at all. Just because its _EPIC_ is dosen't mean it the best ever armor, and no you dont have to always have af 100 and qua 100 you could settle for af 98 and qua 91.

S

Solid

Disagree with u on not having to wear epic armour, esp in RvR at least.

The 9% extra bonus quality and the 10% extar bonus is massive.

I get nearly 100 extra Af wearing my Epic armour over my old armour. It makes a massive difference.

O

old.Gromnir

Ofcourse you do get at better armourclass :)

but you don't _have_ to ware it if you dont like it

E

erl

Yes you _have_ to! otherwise the gods will spit giant balls of slime in your face until you suffocate. It's true. I've seen it. Poor fella who died there :(

Users who are viewing this thread