Thane caps?

PaqMan

Fledgling Freddie
This question is directed mostly to the big troll thanes out there(monty and Bjaadi, Etcetra, ...), but anyone who have some input that would help me choose what cap+ I should decide on.

I'm also interested in hearing from people who have tried out NF and how its like, if much more keepfights with ranged attacks as only option or how the melee/range situation is.

I'm making my template which cap roughly most things but a little qui and some spirit damage. with AOM I hope to have all resists capped or close to cap.

I have 2 solutions for capping dex, con, str or pie though. The fact that I am a troll and have lower dex, and that I did not choose +10 pie at creation(instead chose 10 str) makes me wonder what I should concentrate on.

My 1st template have 16+ cap on dex/pie, 10+ str, 5+ con in caps. Also 8% power percentage bonus.

My second one I got 17+ str, 12+ con, 9 dex and 10+ pie in caps. Also 2 extra in melee speed.

The 'reroll frosty/norse/dwarf/otherclasses' is not an option btw.

Any input apreciated.

// Thanks.

etcetra

One of Freddy's beloved
Obviously, some will say that in NF you gotta concentrate on the casting point. But I think that melee will be used just as much in NF. Therefore I have made a template where i end up with 100 str, 100 con, 80 pie, 80 dex and 15 qui.

Also have:
9 Style Damage Bonus
4 Spell Range Bonus
4 Spell Damage Bonus
7 Melee Damage Bonus
9 Melee Speed Bonus
5 Fatigue
8 Power Percentage Bonus

IF it does not suite me, I could allways change out the items I have, and make a new template. They are pretty expensive, and im sure I could get to trade them if I decide to make a new template.

The template can be found here: http://home.no/etcetra/DAoC/Etcetra_possible_template.html - and I hope it may help you.

PaqMan

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for your input Etcetra, I hope skullcracking will be included in NF to and I hope youre right.

For now I have a 'mixed' kind of template where I will get ToA bonuses both in casting as in melee (Just as someone said in a forum that thanes was 'a little of everything'), I am trying to raise that 'little' in that line a bit.

I don't use much time farming money or items so it takes a while for me to gather what I need, and I feel I don't farm/hunt/play enough to get an 'all super expensive, all items' set before end of this year, so I settle with what I think I can stand before I get to tired of it .)

For now the stats in my temp looks as shown below, and I do think I start to get it pretty ok.

Stats
Str: 94 Int: 0 Hits: 244
Con: 87 Pie: 86 Power: 0
Dex: 83 Cha: 0
Qui: 22 Emp: 0

Resists (Troll resists included)
Body: 27 Energy: 26 Crush: 29
Cold: 24 Matter: 26 (5) Thrust: 30 (2)
Heat: 28 Spirit: 18 Slash: 27 (3)

Skills
11 Shield
11 Axe

Cap Increases
9 Dex
40 Hits
10 Pie
17 Str
12 Con

Other Bonuses
9 Style Damage Bonus
4 Spell Range Bonus
4 Spell Damage Bonus
4 Melee Damage Bonus
6 Melee Speed Bonus
5 Fatigue
10 AF Bonus

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Try to get 10% spell haste somehow. The ring of the torrent has 2% casting speed bonus, for example.

1% casting speed equals to 10 dex, in effectiveness, so the difference between 0% toa bonus speed and 10% toa bonus speed is HUGE.

Thorarin

Fledgling Freddie
Lothandar said:
1% casting speed equals to 10 dex, in effectiveness, so the difference between 0% toa bonus speed and 10% toa bonus speed is HUGE.
You can't compare TOA casting speed bonus to dex directly, because it depends on how much dex you already have. The higher your dex normally is, the bigger the effect in increasing your dex even further.

Thanes are usually low dex races however, and they don't gain much dex levelling, so dex cap increases aren't terribly effective for a Thane, compared to a Kobold clothcaster for example.

ruahtian

Fledgling Freddie
i have talked to a few us players and read the vn storys about thanes and am under the impretion that casting thanes tend to do more in rvr than melle thanes do therefore id surgest caps as follows
dex
pie
cons
hits
and get as much casting spd range and damage as you can

most us thanes get rps at keep raids now in nf as open melle is almost dead if you want to melle then make a wa
a thane can do good casting damage and can also take damage

also i just did an ra respec to get crit for casting and extra casting damage with out any toa items or caps increase i now do aprox 45 more damage with the chance to crit damage on a savage with max resists( toa caps should add another 45 dam as well thats from instant spells also oing 50 sc drping parry for that extra bit of damage

you basicly have 3 choices to make
1 caster thane ( do good range damage )
2 melle thane ( might as well make a wa)
3 a mix/hybrid caster and melle 9 wont be great at either but wont be bad either)

Tinyheals

One of Freddy's beloved
Good luck getting hold of Bjaadi :(

Its hard as it is for his irlfriends

Bjaadi

Fledgling Freddie
tried calling me tinyslan? :p

Coz Gov Scalars Som Battler

5 Dex
80 Hits
5 Pie
5 Str
5 Con

Other Bonuses

5 Buff Bonus
4 Style Damage Bonus
4 Spell Range Bonus
4 Spell Damage Bonus
11 Melee Damage Bonus
13 Melee Speed Bonus
6 Casting Speed Bonus
28 AF Bonus
11 Power Percentage Bonus

went for casting speed instead of more stats cap.. well see if its good enough when i get my mp parts :)

etcetra

One of Freddy's beloved
If you check my armorparts I do have some resists on them :) And I could work some around them, thinking about making some of them a bit higher. Then go for AoM 1 or something to get it upto 26.

As earlier claimed, I could allways make a new template to :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom