TFT's. Colours darker at top? Is yours the same?

TUG

It's my birthday today!
Not long aqquired a new Sharp LL-172AB 17" TFT monitor. All fine and dandy, no dead pixels, minimal ghosting, shite viewing angles.. you know - the usual TFT nonsense you have to live with.

But another new annoying thing mine does, well, all the colours at the TOP of the image are darker than lower down? I noticed mostly because my taskbar is a lighter looking shade of grey than all the top menu's on webpages, explorer pages etc etc. Strange.

Had a go of another TFT earlier (an AOC 17") and it was the same?! Low and behold, found an old pic of my Digimate L1715S 17" TFT also and that seems to be similar. I didn't have that outta the box long enough to notice before (2 dead pixels = RMA as far as I'm concerned lol).

Does your TFT do the same? Here's some pics of my current one as bang on central as I could get it. Also one of my old Digimate...

http://www.illusional.co.uk/tfts

Could just be me of course :D What do ya reckon?

I'm yet to see or be impressed with a TFT which seems good value for money... I still rate CRT and would stick with it if I had the space.

TUG

It's my birthday today!
Yep they get lighter then... but so do all the bottom colours lol...

Bizarre :(

Gray

FH is my second home
Bit like this thread which i created in regard to CS

I had to use Powerstrip to make it brighter, i thought it only effected this monitor model tho ;o

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Mine is pretty much the same colour all the way down, unless I lie on the floor.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
I'm the same.
My LCD is right in front of me at eye level, when sat upright so I'm staring dead on at a big flat thing. Sitting even more upright the top of my screen is brighter, colours more real, but the bottom then washes out.
Why oh why did we move from CRT ...

Clown

Part of the furniture
My LG1710B cost £250. No ghosting and no dead pixels. It plays games fine, and the picture is great. It also saves a fuck load of space.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Is it uneven illumination behind the screen? Perhaps the Cathode has slipped during shipping.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Sawtooth posted recently of his LCD TV showing brighter areas at the corners of the screen; perhaps a victim of something similar in that LCD panels aren't sometimes uniformly lit.

TUG

It's my birthday today!
Tis properly annoying. Used yet another TFT today, only a 15" Samsung but that was the same as all I mentioned above!

I think I've concluded to myself that TFT's are shite and the only good bit is the space saving feature lol :)

Such is life!

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
i have a Philips TFT (170/S4) (17")

i always have the screen abit leaning forward so its brighter,
and idd
same probs here.. but i dont care about it ;)

quite easy to tune up your brightness. just sit higher on the seat :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom