TFT Monitors

M

MYstIC G

Looking at getting a TFT monitor (want to move my one further away from my face on my desk, but due to space restrictions in my room, this isn't possible). If anyone could recommend the best ones to go for between 15->17 inches, i'd appreciate it.

Ta
Rob

Y

Yaka

hitachi ones are the ones to go fer games 16ms response time works wonders:)

M

MYstIC G

Tbh i'm spending less time gaming these days, so I don't care about response times too much, after those suggestions i've been looking about & I'm considering the SM171S from Samsung (Samsung / Dabs) & the Hitachi CML174SXW (Hitachi / Dabs)

Anyone got either of these? If so, pros/cons would be interesting to hear.

Ta

E

exxxie

I recently got my Hitachi CML174 :0)

Awesome really... Tomshardware review is good look it up.

Only things I read about the hitachi on the down side was the brightness levels being too low on some reviews... lolz.. I have to turn mine down to 60% brightness or I get 3rd degree burns on my face.

Im a very happy customer.

M

MYstIC G

Guess this is me being a bit thick (had a few voddys tonight) but I can't find the thing on toms hardware, don't suppose you've got a URL do ya m8.

Ta
Rob

(I'm so pisshed :))

N

)nick(

Definitely go for the hitachi. The 17 inch has a nice price, including dvi input, and a great response time.

S

Sawtooth

So the Hitachi will cope with say Unreal Tourney okay?

K

*Kornholio*

I've got a 17" AOC tft monitor, bought it for around £350 inclusive. Had no issues with it yet, played UT 2K3, GTA3, CS etc etc... good monitor for the price :) I bought mine from here

E

exxxie

I use my Hitachi for Q3 and its as good as my old crt really.. I wont lie and tell you you positively CANT see any ghosting whatsoever, but you have to make extremely fast mouse movements and really be looking for it :)

Native rez is 1280 so thats the best rez to play in really.. but dropping to 1024 looks fine

Using the DVI really improves results tho... so consider that when buying.

S

Sawtooth

Well Im also looking to buy a TFC so thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread