TFT(LCD) monitors: digital input vs analog

O

old.LandShark

Anyone care to make any exaggeration-free comments on the improvement DVI makes over analog input, with TFT monitors? Atm the one I'm looking at buying only has analog, I can get it cheaply but not for very long; I want to know if I'll regret not getting a DVI-capable one, or if I should just go ahead and save £50 on this analog-only one.

Thanks to anyone who replies fast :D

D

Danya

Makes hardly any diff that I can see, though it depends on your gfx card and the monitor as to how good it's analogue stuff is.

That said my eyesight is pretty crap anyway.

N

)nick(

Biggest difference I found is that with my analogue connector there can be a bit of ghosting (NOT trailing, these are two different things). Ghosting is when for example you have a sentence and the letters appear to have a slightly faded copy near them. It also depends on the quality of the cable and the amount of interference you get.

I prefer DVI myself.

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Serbitar
tft monitors give me headaches :(
Wierd, I get a hell of a lot less eye strain with TFTs. Well, old ones actually give me a headache too, but that's because they tend to be fuzzy and my eyes strain themselves trying to focus on something that will always be unclear.

OK, thanks for the replies guys. Looks like it's £290 iiyama instead of £250 iiyama.

D

Danya

Both my TFTs are razor sharp and I find they're a lot nicer to use for extended periods than CRTs. ;)

C

Cush

I get blood shut eyes from CRT.. very annoying

(and i refuse to belive it can have something with the time spent infront of the monitor)

C

Cush

Think im gonna buy a new desk so i can fit in 2 nice TFT monitors. say one 17-19" and a smaller on on the side.

That have to get the babes to adore me when im pissass drunk in the pub and barley knowing my own name.

S

Sharma

Laaaaanshaaaark im gonna make Stuart Ward come to get youuuuu. :p

O

old.LandShark

Who the what now?
Who's he? :p

edit: I might add that I am on the same corridor as a 6'5" furry. No mere human holds any fear for me ^^

S

Sharma

Well, where i work i know about 2 or 3 people that go to Teesside uni, i will find j00! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom