TFC 1.5, CS beta 6, first thoughts

O

old.Kurt_Angle

Your right, i didn't notice that, i love Fang, as i did iraq, when they dumped that from beta 6.0. Dammit your right about rail road too, once the fad ran dry of, jumping on the trains and having a drive by, the map became soo boring.
On a tfc 1.5 note, iv'e been been hammering away at trying to do a con jump, that takes me more than 2 foot of the ground, it doesn't fly anymore :( i couldn't even get over the middle of the well map, so i think we are gona see lest of the one man capper and more of a team attack now, i think good, but i spose many won't like it :), ohh yeah and the building sg's is soo simple now, all mouse driven, nice i say, i know that many people prolly use allias binds anyway, but for me anyway 10 times more easy to get a sg up and running :).

O

old.Kurt_Angle

Not bad at all, iv'e just buzzed through a few of the new tfc and cs maps, and i like the look of it, the new cs maps are top notch, the italy map seems to be like the custom map betrayed from tfc, ohh and there's a cool chicken in the middle square that is just asking to be gibbed :). The new firing mechs for the pistols are cool too, the terra fire burst on the default glock has now been cut, from the long extended, get hit by 10 rounds while your firing a burst to what seems like a single shot, and on the plus side if u have a fast finger the pistols fire like a bleedy machine gun :). I do have one grouch though, while the smoke grenade i banged off did look good(very good),the way the smoke turns is most exelent.But i can't help but wonder if this will put bad lagg into net games, it did seemed to strain my comp a bit, weird as i have a 700 atha ddr setup :), lets just hope this new net code is as good as it's cracked up to be. On the plus side monday is a bank hoilday , so that means we can get the 6 man lan going and we can play it all day :)

O

old.Mad Bloke

Yea, it's looking good.

Not overly impressed with some of the maps though, i don't like the look of trinity and tundra. Italy and cobble look very nice, aztec will be a snipers heaven with all its large open tunnels and the forest map is a good idea and should play nicely too.

One thing i don't like is that they took out fang, i know i'm in the minority but i actually liked that map. They should have removed railroad and left fang.

~MB

O

old.frankie

it aint out yet is it ?

------------------
----------------------
-------------------------
----------------------
DR_FRANKENSTIEN

O

old.Mad Bloke

Not 'officially' as they say.

But CS 6.5 has been leaked also.

~ MB

O

old.frankie

gis us a URL

------------------
----------------------
----------------------
DR_FRANKENSTIEN

O

old.Kez

/me slaps wrists

no frankie, we don't 'do' l33t leaked stuff do we? no? guuuude :D

I have a linky for the tf1.5 et al. patch, but alas, I cannae put it on these boards -_-

O

old.Kurt_Angle

Nor me either but, being honest it ain't hard to find :), i got my cs url from the cs forum page,(lazy moderators :)

O

old.frankie

found both, but i might wait seeming its out tommorow

are the leaked ones exactly the same as the real ones out tommorow ?

------------------
----------------------
----------------------
DR_FRANKENSTIEN

O

old.Kurt_Angle

The tfc exec is the same, but the cs is a zip, with no exec, but it works fine :)

O

old.Mad Bloke

They are supposed to be the same but since they were leaked early it wouldn't surprise if they change a few things so that everyone has to download them again :)

~ MB

O

old.frankie

nice

one prob though, i have tfc 1.5 now, looks nice, but there arnt ANY servers running it at all, would of thought a few dodgy people with fat connections would of set a server up by now

------------------
----------------------
----------------------
DR_FRANKENSTIEN

O

old.Mad Bloke

There were several 1.5 servers but WON have stopped authorising anyone using the unofficial patch.

Not long to wait now though..... (famous last words)

~ MB

O

old.frankie

damn them

did they gain anyhing from stopping people doing it

nazis

------------------
----------------------
----------------------
DR_FRANKENSTIEN

O

old.Rogue1

Indeed.

My best guess is that we'll see it in the early hours of tomorrow morning, given that these release dates are usually issued from the standpoint of US time.

Finding a mirror that'll let me download at more than a couple of kbps at around 1AM should be fun. I'll see you there :)

O

old.[KERMIT]Stu_Granger

Just to let everyone know, TF 1.5 is being released on Thursday 1 June. This is from Valvesector.

They say:

"Half-Life Patch In 2 Days!"
Posted By: Fuel (fuel@valvesector.com) on 05-30-2000.

Kyle Milnes over at Half-Life Control Unit, sent me an email that he has spoken with Harry Teasley of Valve Software. Harry told him that the 1.1.0.0 patch would be delayed for two days to give mod authors a chance to get their mod up to 1.1.0.0. Woohoo! Two days left! TF 1.5 Here I Come! :)

Source: Kyle Milnes http://www.half-life.deltauk.net/

Check out the Valvesector site at:
http://www.valvesector.com

------------------
Want Reliable Gaming Performance from your 56K modem or ISDN connection? We offer low ping FREE dial-up Internet access at: http://www.ukbusinessinternet.com

O

old.TheGuyver

just read a BW colum re the new patches.

I personnaly cannot stand TFC, becuase it is so difficult to start off in it. Im glad things like this conc jump have been sorted, and also u cannot be shot thru walls.

YAY! I hope the cs patch has the same thing. fgs some of the walls are like 8 inches thick and no sodding weapon, short of a fecking RL or Cannon should be able to go thru it! ok fine nps for wooden doors or metal doors. but walls ffs.

ah well. i hope this will make the game much better. and the people who will oppose these changes? are prolly the lame wankers that have no problems about making use of these gaming flaws.

A

Atomic Rammer

You're right about firing through walls, but I read somewhere that these are map flaws and not CS flaws.

This is because if i remember rightly that u have to define what type of surface each is so that CS can determine how much a bullet can pierce through. so mappers might have the surface as wood when it is in fact concrete.

Is this right? I dont know about mapping meself, I just read it on a forum.

O

old.TheGuyver

ah that would make sence.

ok in some places u can shoot thru thin walls with a machine gun. etc.

but one step at a time i suppose.

O

old.QuantumUK

I can assure you it is not the mappers fault. There are ongoing discussions on how to stop bullet penetration. It seems to be determined by texture and number of surfaces passed through.

And the only way to change the properties for individual textures is to change the surfaces file that comes with CS.

Y

~YuckFou~

Planetfortress reckon CS is now gonna be Monday ffs.
Some kinda bug, jeeeeez :(

~YuckFou~

O

old.Kez

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally shambled by TGuyver:

I personnaly cannot stand TFC, becuase it is so difficult to start off in it. Im glad things like this conc jump have been sorted, and also u cannot be shot thru walls.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bah, shooting thru walls is part of the game, I can see alot of upset over this, and over on the wp ubb, people are already annoyed, complaining they want server variables etc.
Albeit the wallgauss spamming had become ott, and could have been toned down, according to most, its been almost removed.
And there's apparently modifications to the longjump module too, it gives a 'drunken' wobble in the air now, so aiming is out, its slower, and goes less distance, ffs they've shambled what the game was. IMO they've done this far too late, as a community the dm one had been complaining about things for months about the state of wallgaussing, and now they've done it, but they've done it to an extreme degree.

Pah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom