Test Mobs on US servers

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Ever wanted to test out new specs, combos on test mobs like the do on US servers?
They problem with grey mobs is that they die after the first hit and you can't compare combos, and hitting other players has all teh problems of variance, like should i switch to pierce/blades side chain after CD side stun or keep using CD side chain?
What I did to compare my styles/damge output so as to know which chain to use to give best damge output was goto the Dun Chaoin ID from darkness rising (I'm assuming mid and alb have something similar) and beat up the target dummies that way I've been able to compare damage on diff chains along with end usuage, and hopefully get the best outta my char's options for attacks.

Only one half of the picture mind you, as te tragets dont attack and you can't test reactionary chains on them :(

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, would be nice if we had a test server like Pendragon here in Europe. Something so we could try out specs, test damage, etc.

Guess only the E&E's can get to do that, and probably in a limited form with no test mobs, respec stones, etc, etc.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Ehm those test dummies are in an instance that was introduced in DR ... so I'm not sure what you're on about but you can go do that as well if you want :p

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
Guess only the E&E's can get to do that, and probably in a limited form with no test mobs, respec stones, etc, etc.

We can access the test servers, beat up test mobs, respec as many times as we want, spec any realm rank/RAs etc, use any artifacts.

So yeh we can test a lot of stuff.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
eggy said:
So yeh we can test a lot of stuff.
including the more important things like languages, bugs, patches etc etc, dont dress up the euro servers to be pendragon, they aint like that at all.

Lejemorder

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
including the more important things like languages, bugs, patches etc etc, dont dress up the euro servers to be pendragon, they aint like that at all.

well the euro and us test server have 2 diffrent purposes, the us test server is for all to test new abilities and then feedback if they dont like em (sorry euro but if its live on us you will get it too), where euro is to test for bugs (us is too) when they translate the patch to GOAs servers and to german and french.

and things like the wyrds style spreedsheet etc. have been tested on pendragon :p

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Tested changing from sword-n-board to 2H in the 40-50 task dungeon, found the best styles to use, the best chains and the best reactives.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Azathrim said:
Yeah, would be nice if we had a test server like Pendragon here in Europe. Something so we could try out specs, test damage, etc.

we do, its called Gorre but GOA wont let us use it as they do their tests on it

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Test dummies dont fight back, not much use testing reaction styles on that is it. They also lack artifacts, buff bots and the abilty to strafe like tossers or use bugs in the game to escape cause they cant take loosing.

By far the best test dummies are your realm m8s. Especially on alb excal, plenty of dummies there.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Well, not everyone can afford burning respec stones just to try things out.

It would be cool if GoA gave us access to Gorre. It would even enhance the testing done. Although people might not go there to test the newest language pack, they would still spend time there, possible finding some stuff.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
This has been gone over so many times.

The amount of extra support they'd have to provide for Gorre is incredible. Rightnow reports spamming bugs that have already been reported, people having problems logging into the server, people abusing the rules of the server (it's a test server not a 'game' server), banning abusers etc...list goes on.

A lot of bugs are fixed thanks to the E&E and GM/GOA team testing on Gorre; far more than you'd imagine. However, the bugs that affect the live servers are somewhat different...some bugs on live servers don't exist on test servers. The reason? Well you'd have to ask Erivoss.

If you want to be granted access to the test servers to help the community, take the next step and apply to be E&E - I'm sure we need a few more on the team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom