Terrible state of DAOC!

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Lets face it DAOC gonna take a hammering now WOW is out. They only got themselves to blame though. Only thinking of ways to pressurise people into having more than one account all the time and restricting game design to make sure of it. Just looking for ways to extract more money out of everyone from day one. Take me for instance and tonight:

Accidently levelled to 25 in Thid with Prettyboy after whacking an Alb caster. How the heck I levelled I dunno. You don't get a full bar for killing someone do you? Anyways I levelled - but! I only got the one account. 'So' I hear you say. Well for me to reroll another sb or any alt to play in Thid now someone has to swap over tons of items from a full vault so I can free up an alt slot. No-one I know would do it. So now I find that instead of keeping at least one account going I ain't. Only way I can reroll another alt is by having 2 accounts. Very sorry state of affairs to get a game in after all this time in development. Playing WOW now a little and in there you can send items through a postal service to your other alts. No need for 2 accounts at all.

Terrible and disgusting management has ruined DAOC for sure and it deserves to die a death unless there is a major turn around in thinking.

DAOC managers and game developers - you should be bloody well ashamed of yourselves! NO GAME should ever need 2 accounts to work you bloody idiots!

MKJ - Thugs

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
I agree with you saying mythic and goa want to make as mutch money, but your argument is kinda... retarded.
It doesn't make the slightest sense to me. Surely you don't expect mythic to care about some guy rerolling a million sb's so he can stay in thid?

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
Straef said:
I agree with you saying mythic and goa want to make as mutch money, but your argument is kinda... retarded.
It doesn't make the slightest sense to me. Surely you don't expect mythic to care about some guy rerolling a million sb's so he can stay in thid?

lol

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Its Thugs posting... what other than retardness at its best could one expect?

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Odd lot

Blimey so many morons in this game.

Wot the hell is rerolling sbs got to do with anything? This need for 2 accounts is there all the damn time. Made some potions with one alt earlier and had to ask politely for help it passing them to another. If I was rerolling an alt at level 50 it would be the same you idiots.

For godsake the game sux and you know it!

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Its life that sucks tbh... games are fun. If they aint you just dont play them. If you still do you suck!

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
1) Get some friends transfering stuff can be easily done that way.
2) Get yourself a Consigment Merchant.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
I C

So getting those few things makes the game ok? Wot about combat? You ever try playing at level 50 unbuffed? If you do I bet you gonna be about the only one.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
MKJ said:
So getting those few things makes the game ok? Wot about combat? You ever try playing at level 50 unbuffed? If you do I bet you gonna be about the only one.

Web site not making you much money?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I've played level 50 unbuffed oO

Yeah, it's harder - not impossible.

I love RR2s who think they're l337 when they've been PLd to 50 xD - and yes, this is a SB [mine] VS a scout, with IP1 xD.

Just carry pots oO

Now, Thugs - Go away, at the current server status of WoW - It sucks =)
My server = 300-400 minute wait :/

Try it buffed and unbuffed with and without strength relics. There's a differance.

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
MKJ said:

Wot the hell is rerolling sbs got to do with anything? This need for 2 accounts is there all the damn time. Made some potions with one alt earlier and had to ask politely for help it passing them to another. If I was rerolling an alt at level 50 it would be the same you idiots.

The only moron atm is someone that in every bloody post sames the exact same things *boohoo - Mythic forces us to have 2 accounts - boohoo - I am getting my ass kicked everywhere I go because a) I dont have a BB, b) They were lvl25, c) I was too tired/drunk - but the lastone is a pleasant suprise I admit. Boohoo - I dont have a single friend to help me transfer things because Im an annoying pecker.

So far the one true element about DAOC that really sucks is that you're still hanging around. You're nothing more than an insect *mate*. Buzzing around, annoying other people, trying to get their attention.

Yma

Fledgling Freddie
WoW rocks tbh, I'd suggest you to try it, pick a good pvp server and roll your rogue there - no need to watch your sb xp bar from time to time and suicide to avoid capping thid, you are 24/7 in a bg AND you don't need buffs ! I'm sure your skills will shine there. Leave us morons play this stupid game, what are you waiting for ?

Groborthir

Fledgling Freddie
Hey, Thugs! If you actually had any friends transfering stuff wouldn't be a problem!

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Tristessa

The only moron atm is someone that in every bloody post sames the exact same things *boohoo - Mythic forces us to have 2 accounts - boohoo - I am getting my ass kicked everywhere I go because a) I dont have a BB, b) They were lvl25, c) I was too tired/drunk - but the lastone is a pleasant suprise I admit. Boohoo - I dont have a single friend to help me transfer things because Im an annoying pecker.

If anyone is a pain in the rear tis the likes of you.

By the way no-one ever kicks my arse in Thid even if they are level 25. I might lose to them but usually tis a very close thing and if they hang around long enough I end up killing them even then. They level 25 and buffed sc'd etc.

After all this time in Thid I still rule as an unbuffed kob. No-one will ever say the same again believe me.

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Stop account hopping Thugs! .. It's annoying I was really enjoying FH again having you on my ignore list ... now my experience is all fouled up again ...

Anyway ignored this account as well now.

Sad :(

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
MKJ said:

By the way no-one ever kicks my arse in Thid even if they are level 25. I might lose to them but usually tis a very close thing and if they hang around long enough I end up killing them even then. They level 25 and buffed sc'd etc.

After all this time in Thid I still rule as an unbuffed kob. No-one will ever say the same again believe me.

Awww did I hit a nerve? You may think of me as a pain in the rear, yet Im not the one with an entire server, including players from my own realm, hating my guts because Im a cocky dumbass. You're just annoyed because you know I have a point.

As I've said in the past, you have my pity and I assume from many others as well. You've earned it.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Cocky

I might be cocky but I sure as hell too much for you albs in Thid even unbuffed as I am. Got so many films of killing buffed albs that I have had to delete loads.

Who cares if peeps hate me? When I took off my anon and started talking to peeps I had so many asking for advice etc that I couldn't play the damn game. Much better not talking to peeps :) . I do my talking on here :touch: .

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
MKJ said:
Who cares if peeps hate me? When I took off my anon and started talking to peeps I had so many asking for advice etc that I couldn't play the damn game. Much better not talking to peeps :) . I do my talking on here :touch: .
You clearly do as you have to beg for people to help you do transfers. People with friends don't need to do that. Mythic even put in a mechanism to help people without two accounts transfer stuff - it's called player housing. Buy a house and your problem is solved -300g for a plot, 1plat for a cottage, 1 plat for a vault, 20g a week to keep it there. If you've played as long as you say you have, you must have a couple of plat somewhere.

In 3 years of playing I have never felt I needed 2 accounts.

Kained_again

Fledgling Freddie
Half the problem with buffbots is players, Mythic put in a class that is group friendly, and can augment other players stats, and players, being the swines they are, naturally started having 2 accounts, so as to get an advantage over others.

Myself I do have a buffbot, which while Is very usefull when soloing with my infil, I tend to make much more use of while doing pve etc.

You'll find its the same in nearly any game you go to though, if there is a way to get an advantage over others, then people will...its human nature at the end of the day, and -no- business in the world is going to turn down extra cash, unless they have a retard running it, who is determined to go bankrupt ofc.

I dont know how WoW works, but I guarantee, if there is any sort of class in there that can augment other classes, buffbots will appear there too, and all the whining in the world wont change a damn thing

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
i dont have a buff bot....but i do have more that 1 account ><

my head hurts :<

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
I think they've made a lot of good stuff for DaoC tbh, and I've come to like New Frontiers moreso than Old Frontiers.

Yeah they never removed buffbots although it would be the best thing to do. Atleast they are making the vampiir class, and other steps to help people not playing buffbots.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
We the players also do a lot to make the game the way it is.

In the average fight, kit makes less of a difference than skill. But people want the maximum kit they can get, and spend months on it, trying to get the best, and apparently hating every moment. They could alternatively just get a 'good enough' set off consignment merchants and quests, and then spend the time getting RP's instead, just joining advertised ML raids as they see them. I know which strategy would lead to least frustration.

If people didn't feel they had to have lots of artifacts, they wouldn't camp them and argue about them, and complain about every moment it takes them.

Just my view, though. The only items that I have that really can change a fight (PvE and Duel, anyway, I don't see much 1 vs 1 in the frontier) aren't artifacts (Axe with absorb proc and shield with reactive absorb proc are nasty on a Paladin, plus a selection of legendaries to swap in after the proc to max the appropriate damage).

Darzil

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Kained_again said:
I dont know how WoW works, but I guarantee, if there is any sort of class in there that can augment other classes, buffbots will appear there too, and all the whining in the world wont change a damn thing
Buffs are on a timer - betwen 10 and 20 minutes.
Combat buffs last about 20-30 secs.
Most powerful buffs have precedence. Without a buff in tow you won't have access to these and given their duration you are going to have to be swift on those keys.

Everyone has access to food which can enhance stamina.
You - or an alt - can become an alcemist and benefit from decent potions even at low level, many of which last 60 minutes.
There are also scrolls that drop that give you buffs.

Death = lost of buffs of course.

There are also limit restrictions preventing lower level characters being given buffs way above them

Party sizes are limited to 5 and in an instanced dungeon - typically against elite mobs - you wouldn't want an inactive bott, especially a lower level one which will draw aggro.

There are no real 'spots' for camping / zerging on PvP servers. a parked bot will be at risk - and the world is big. going backward and forward to a toon will more than negate any value the buffs give you for PvP. It would need to be with you. Spells in general are relatively close ranged as well so no guarantee of parking one just outside PvE radius. som embs runn, some stand and fight, some attack healers etc!

You can have 9 characters on every server - so no need to have a second account to get more characters.

Suffice to say from the start of WoW (in the US) I have never seen a buff bot.

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
In the average fight, kit makes less of a difference than skill.
Darzil

hmmm ofc having dex capped for caster, quickness capped for fighters, all resists capped, then the others a/f, str, con etc etc has to do with what exactly? plus all the lovely bonuses and procs that arti's give... and then there is zo'korats (sp) ring proc, traitors dagger proc, tartos gift proc, bracer of stars proc, fools bow hmmm dunno how many average fights u been in tbh but if u aint got a decent template skill wont compensate for it.

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
Cadelin said:
1) Get some friends transfering stuff can be easily done that way.
2) Get yourself a Consigment Merchant.

he needs friends first, this is thugs

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
MKJ said:

Many morons indeed... :rolleyes:
I did quite alright with just 1 acc, but I guess the 'polite' part was being hard on ye :x

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
MKJ said:
Did actually go out unbuffed a few times, only when needed tho, and managed to kill stuff. Guess it depends on the player tho?
Bubble said:
Web site not making you much money?
That retarded way of getting people there made me chuckle :p
Tristessa said:
So far the one true element about DAOC that really sucks is that you're still hanging around. You're nothing more than an insect *mate*. Buzzing around, annoying other people, trying to get their attention.
I find him kinda funny rly :/
MKJ said:

You suck ;x When are you gonna give big boy rvr a go? Should be plenty of oportunities for you to get your arse kicked xD
Tristessa said:
Awww did I hit a nerve? You may think of me as a pain in the rear, yet Im not the one with an entire server, including players from my own realm, hating my guts because Im a cocky dumbass. You're just annoyed because you know I have a point.

As I've said in the past, you have my pity and I assume from many others as well. You've earned it.
He's got my pity alright :p
MKJ said:
I might be cocky but I sure as hell too much for you albs in Thid even unbuffed as I am. Got so many films of killing buffed albs that I have had to delete loads.

Who cares if peeps hate me? When I took off my anon and started talking to peeps I had so many asking for advice etc that I couldn't play the damn game. Much better not talking to peeps . I do my talking on here
You might want to upgrade to a 10gb hdd then if your current hd is already full with your few victories :( Doubt theres any worth mentioning, really.
Don't know how you manage to get cocky in the playground ;x
And for the advice part, I'm sure they were after the 'how to be a retard part' more than 'skills' -.-

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Thugs is like a boxer who beats up small children and brags. It's quite sad really. :(

Killerbee

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
Atleast they are making the vampiir class, and other steps to help people not playing buffbots.
Honestly, they should have implemented one to Midgard and Albion as well. Ofc we have friar (and it still can be buffed with bb) in Albion above enh cleric, but well, you kinda can't compare it with vampiir.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Killerbee said:
Honestly, they should have implemented one to Midgard and Albion as well.
Well, Heretics have a buff line, and their spec buff line includes a spec AF buff as well as a str/con buff (akin to Friars, who miss str/con). In theory, they should not need a buffbot either...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom