Terrible LoS issues in Hib lvl11-20 Task Dungeon

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Catacombs has been out a year now but the instances/TD's are still plauged by terrible LoS issues and none more so than the Tir na mBeo task dungeon. For a caster or archer it is just near impossible to get through any misson in that place because of 'unable to see target' issues after the mob has been pulled. Surely Mythic should be making these fixes a priority, it ruins the game for alot of people and puts alot of returning players off because they are forced to exp elsewhere due to sloppy level design. The Tir na mBeo TD is worse than Caer Sidi was when released, the place is a LoS nightmare, how can that be allowed to slip past testing and QA?

Anyway, I have vented now and feel a little better. :D

Does anyone know if these problems are due to be addressed and what is your opinion of this problem? Which are the other TD's and instances that are terrible for ranged classes and should be avoided?

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
In my experience I find most dungeons to be pretty poor for ranged attacks and pet classes, due to the "out of sight" issues as well as pets disappearing into walls only to pull mobs from the other side of it and swarming you with aggro. In regards to the TD's, make sure you take the "long-corridor" version of the dungeon, not the labyrinth. ( You can still run into the "out of sight" bugs there though :( )

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Equador said:
In my experience I find most dungeons to be pretty poor for ranged attacks and pet classes, due to the "out of sight" issues as well as pets disappearing into walls only to pull mobs from the other side of it and swarming you with aggro. In regards to the TD's, make sure you take the "long-corridor" version of the dungeon, not the labyrinth. ( You can still run into the "out of sight" bugs there though :( )

Yep, the problem is that in this particular TD there are beams running along the corridors that totally screw the LoS, the labyrinth isn't much better either sadly. Considering Mythic actually sold this content to people they really should spend a week or two making it playable for half the classes in the game.

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
ive exped my cabby from lvl 35->50 in TDs, and i had no problem with them at all o0 (even though im both a pet class + caster) perhaps albion is less bugged there.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Its not just hib.

Midgard 25-30 task instance nr gotar is unplayable for a caster as well.

Los issues mean you have to get into melee range of mobs that are stacked ontop of each other. Solo body pulling 3 yellows as a mage really doesnt work.

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
Righthandof said:
ive exped my cabby from lvl 35->50 in TDs, and i had no problem with them at all o0 (even though im both a pet class + caster) perhaps albion is less bugged there.

I've had frequent problems with my cabalist actually, and it was worse with my theurgist.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Righthandof said:

Focusing? Don't need LoS for that and pet tanking lets you get alot closer than a non-pet class caster would be able to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom