Tenebrae Quake

B

Big G

Has anyone played Tenebrae Quake with a top spec gfx card (5950 ultra or 9800 pro)?

I've been playing for a bit just to go "ooh ahh, stencil shadows" but i find that even on a 2700+ / 9800 Pro the fps are still unbelievably shit on anything more than 640*480.

Anyone else find this?

G

B

Big G

I've just got hold of an updated beta tenebrae that improves Radeon performance and things are running quite a bit better.

I must admit, i think stencil shadowing looks ugly and it only suits some scenes. The lighting looks too bright/false and the shadows are too hard and unrealistic.

G

B

Big G

http://tenebrae.sourceforge.net/

Tenebrae is a mod for the original quake (or indeed GLquake) that mods the graphics engine to have stencil shadowing very much like the Doom3 engine. Basically, real time shadows that move/change depending on the light source and what's blocking the light source.

quake93.jpg

G

B

Big G

You'll find my original query was relating to hardware performance but was subsequently hijacked by "what is it?".

Thanks for your useless input though ;)

G

I

Insane

Originally posted by Big G
You'll find my original query was relating to hardware performance but was subsequently hijacked by "what is it?".

Thanks for your useless input though ;)

G

i'll grab it tonight and test it on the Radeon 8500 and Geforce4 TI4600 knocking about at home and see what its like.

i suspect the Geforce4 will perform better tho, as its OpenGL based :(

S

smurkin

ppffttt....its a bit like playing quake on LSD. I tried it with my radeon 8500 and it didnt half chug....looks like I'll need a new card for DIII :rolleyes:

X

Xavier

well. considering the 8500 is on a par with the GeForce3Ti500 in most cases, yeah the Ti4600 should kick it to pieces, if all else fails it's got 2x the frame buffer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom