templates

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
i just been thinking about templates and how they have been developed over the years...

when daoc 1st started no1 really had a template or a buffbot. templates soon arrived, but each individual template was different. not many were the same... i mean you had gimp templates, average templates and then great templates... it was all down to how much hard work you put into them... you had extremely hard items to get amd the harder item you had the easier the template was.

as time has gone on the templates have got more, lets say, same and the items have got easy...

what i mean is there is no real effort in getting a better template and working for it like in the old days...

does any of this makes sense to any of you? i know what i mean in my head hehe

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Early toa templates were nightmarish specially for assasins/skalds/minstrels especially when you consider how neat and tidy templates were towards the end of SI, procs suddenly became a factor

Aada

Part of the furniture
i just been thinking about templates and how they have been developed over the years...

when daoc 1st started no1 really had a template or a buffbot. templates soon arrived, but each individual template was different. not many were the same... i mean you had gimp templates, average templates and then great templates... it was all down to how much hard work you put into them... you had extremely hard items to get amd the harder item you had the easier the template was.

as time has gone on the templates have got more, lets say, same and the items have got easy...

what i mean is there is no real effort in getting a better template and working for it like in the old days...

does any of this makes sense to any of you? i know what i mean in my head hehe

Agree and disagree tbh the great templates was worn by those sad bastards with no life and could play the game all day and all night with 2 hours rest for a shit and a shower.

I like how the system is now i returned in April and through some hard plat farming i have my SB temped really nice and a skald/mauler temped.

I don't feel like im being pounded into the ground by some guy with better gear which is always nice.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Real players made their own templates!

Add to that the vast majority are gash :)

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Been thinking of resubbing for the german transfer but all my chars are in templates that are 2 years old , dunno if i cba doing them again.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
if ur temps r out of date u will get smashed to bits :)

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
I get smashed to bits anyway :p

I always make my own temps, means a few hours of rage followed by days of testing but generally I'm happy with them :)

my last 3 nightshade templates I've been stupidly proud of, latest one with infernal sleeves is a peach !

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
I always make my own temps, means a few hours of rage followed by days of testing but generally I'm happy with them :)

my last 3 nightshade templates I've been stupidly proud of, latest one with infernal sleeves is a peach !

Givf!!! :)

Punishment

Resident Freddy

22% body and low matter/energy u do not want dis :kissit:

these-aren-t-the-droids-2-o.gif

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
I dunno, you still can't max out everything and get all the toys you want. Have to make some choices, so they're still different.

old.Eyez

Can't get enough of FH

Indeed i also make my own template all the times :) cba to just find one there isnt good enough in my eyes :)

2 days ago 12 new templates made wit hinfernal sleeves on all my mid toons :) so lovely that we can buy the sleeves for 30p for a week :)

old.Eyez

Can't get enough of FH
I dunno, you still can't max out everything and get all the toys you want. Have to make some choices, so they're still different.

u can easy make a template now with 3 x 101 stats, 400hp, 50af, 10 to all the needed toa stats and 26% to all resists :) just combine the right items :) templates are so easy nowadays :)

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
u can easy make a template now with 3 x 101 stats, 400hp, 50af, 10 to all the needed toa stats and 26% to all resists :) just combine the right items :) templates are so easy nowadays :)

You can, but then there's morphs, stealthlore, toys like BoZ, CTR, whatever's relevant out of + duraton, healbonus, debuff bonus etc. (e.g. for casters). You still can't get the whole lot.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Utility/toys/procs are as important if not more important than stats

My nightshade for example only runs 97/97 str and she is rr11 in a spare no expense etc suit

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
same i run 97 str

stats are roughly

97 str
80 dex
86con
74qui

9melee speed/10dmg/10style/10spell pierce

11 venom
11 stealth
11 all weaps
11 CD

26 all resists except for matter/energy/spirit which are all 13

50 af

400 hits

but ofcourse i have the I win toys ;)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
No stealthlore though you whore and 22 body and weak matter/energy/cold

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
26 all resists except for the 3 i said numbnuts!

will config report later

and stealth lore is for nubs

it runs

Galla Vest/Infernal Sleeves/ML10 Legs/Scallars
2x Crafted with galla heal procs

2x Tark Rings

Ml10 Cloak

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
Omni's all the way they interrupt archers

well i told a porky - the current procs i have on are reactive celeric (i thought they were celerity procs)

turns out they're haste procs that don't stack w/ druid :( need to redo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom