Template Sharing

Nelex

One of Freddy's beloved
imo its dumb to post your temp you have used like 20hour to perfekt. and its a good chance to understand the game by doing your temps your self. but i can see it is a good way to get insperation

Chap

Loyal Freddie
Nelex said:
imo its dumb to post your temp you have used like 20hour to perfekt. and its a good chance to understand the game by doing your temps your self. but i can see it is a good way to get insperation
Agree and if you are using rogs its useless to others anyways. Use VN for templates.

Foadon

Fledgling Freddie
i definatly agree, making your own temps >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything else, iv made every single template i ever used, and made for others, gives u very nice insight on combinations (it may look useless to know what best combination is, but actually, its comparable to other stuff, and gives mathematical insight to a certain degree)
helped me alot on my temps, and helped others that i made it for
(and NO I DONT MAKE TEMPLATES ANYMORE :p, its all been deleted so cant work with it anymore ! )

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
I like watching other people's templates for inspiration on which items and yes, combinations they use, however I'd never use a template made by another person.. I've browsed VN boards A LOT for inspiration each time I make a new template, and I've yet to see a template that meet my demands in one.. I'll only be able to do that myself. I don't mind sharing my templates, but like the others, I would 100% recommend that people make their own templates so that they know the strengths and weaknesses (if any) of their template completely.

In the end, if everyone post their templates the same place, there will be so many that people wind up ignoring the site because it's too confusing with too many different templates, or finally too many of the same... atleast that's how I'd feel :)

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Foadon said:
i definatly agree, making your own temps >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything else, iv made every single template i ever used, and made for others, gives u very nice insight on combinations ....

Thats not what you say when most people post their templates though. Making good templates is difficult. If you see a template that looks good and you can get it why not borrow somebody elses design (especially if they have alot of experience with that class)?

Chap

Loyal Freddie
Cadelin said:
Thats not what you say when most people post their templates though. Making good templates is difficult. If you see a template that looks good and you can get it why not borrow somebody elses design (especially if they have alot of experience with that class)?
I think it's rewarding making your own template and therefor I wouldnt copy any template. Most of the time it's also impossible, except for the fotm caster/tank temps. Getting Ideas is important, but if you are lacking certain resists it's crucial to know which and what classes does that kinda damage, if you dont you'll seriously hamper yourself.

Nelex

One of Freddy's beloved
Cadelin said:

there is np in borrowing somethings from others, but when you do so you will lack the insight of why the person made the temp like he did. it is easy to find a temp on VN boards and copy it but what if you dont take in count that there aint many that uses spirit dmg on US servers, and therefor gets a temp with low spirit resist and the steamrolled by thurgs?

So with you making your own server you have to ask yourself some question about the server and its population to make the best temp suited for your server

So the insight you get in the game from making temps is really great and it might take a person to the next step in the game.

Nel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom