Template for blademaster.

K

keyzer.dk

Plz no gimp comments, cuz i dont wanna hear em =|:-]

What is the best template for celt BM? Ive been reading some guides and been asking some BMs. Most the people ive talked to havent used start points into Quickness. But i think putting atleast 10 points into Quickness is essential for evade since you dont get any when you advance in lvl.

So heres a template that im consedering and just wondering if any1 has a better idea.

http://daoc.catacombs.com/cbuilder.cfm?template=83235&raceid=1&classid=24

p.s. ive used my base start points like this = 60str, 70(10) con, 70(10) dex, 70(10) quickness.

Greets.

O

old.chesnor

Slash sucks in RvR, go Blunt. Also I wouldn't recommend taking parry to 44, I would spend at least 7 or 8 in Shield to get Engage to stop those pesky archers.

K

keyzer.dk

im not going for rvr. Im gonna be playing on Andred:)
I do hear blunt weapons are better for crushing tanks but me likes blades:/ Oh what to choose:-]

The shield thing is a good idea:)

O

old.LandShark

the only classes without slash-resistant armor, you don't need slash weaps to kill. Do not go blades and expect to hurt anyone :p

E

Elric IA

Am I right but is Andred not a PvP server so it is RvR in the homelands you do not need to run to the frontier to get ganked?

O

old.chesnor

Also, as a Blademaster you will be hitting fast. So although you like the idea of Blades the penalty you get is worsened as you won't hit very hard just quickly. For example :-

A 2h sword user who may hit 4 times with a -50 penalty will do 200 less dmg. But a Bladmaster who hits 10 times for a -30 penalty will do 300 less dmg. Over the course of a fight that is a lot of dmg to miss out on. Also you dual wield, so the penalty is on each weapon :(

I really would recommend not going Slash. It only get positive modifiers on leather (iirc), and there arent many leather wearers around who you want to toe to toe with. Crush gets a bonus on plate, pierce on Chain.

K

keyzer.dk

Originally posted by Celtic Dreams
Am I right but is Andred not a PvP server so it is RvR in the homelands you do not need to run to the frontier to get ganked?

RvR and pvp are totally different things. Btw i dont know what will be changed in 1.52 concerning the BMs and mercs *chesnor*, so your facts might get changed....

K

keyzer.dk

/me slaps Tasans around with a large trout

O

old.olco

always thought dex was the modifier for evading ?

E

erl

Originally posted by old.chesnor
Also, as a Blademaster you will be hitting fast. So although you like the idea of Blades the penalty you get is worsened as you won't hit very hard just quickly. For example :-

A 2h sword user who may hit 4 times with a -50 penalty will do 200 less dmg. But a Bladmaster who hits 10 times for a -30 penalty will do 300 less dmg. Over the course of a fight that is a lot of dmg to miss out on. Also you dual wield, so the penalty is on each weapon :(

I really would recommend not going Slash. It only get positive modifiers on leather (iirc), and there arent many leather wearers around who you want to toe to toe with. Crush gets a bonus on plate, pierce on Chain.
The damage penalty cause of enemy armour and resists is a pure percentage. So if a blademaster hits 10 times making a total damage of 400 and a troll something hits one time for 400 with the same weapon he gets the same penalty in damage. That is the blade master hits for 40 (-10) 10 times and the troll htis for 400 (-100) one time.

O

old.Breydel

Dunno for sure but doesn't Celtic Dual work as Large Weapons do? I have a level 10 alt champion and she is fully specced in large weaponry. But with speccing LW I can use BOTH slash or crush large weapons, with the styles from the LW line. For exping this is very handy, when I'm doing rock/insect mobs I take out my large 2 handed spiked mace, for animals I grab for my giant sword.

If I'm not mistaken by speccing Celtic Dual you are in the same boat, you can either use 2 blades, 2 blunts or one of both. :)

But of course when you grab your shield + 1H weapon, then you need either blunt or blade speccing.

O

old.tRoG

dont you need to spec LW and a dmg type (eg. blunt) for the dmg to be good?

probably wont notice it with a lvl 10 though.

O

old.chesnor

Erl : You are right :) I stand corrected.

In Hib you have to spec Celtic Dual AND a weapon type. CD is for the styles (and increased chance to hit with both weaps) and weap type reduces dmg variance. This is the same as Dual Wield in Alb btw. Large Weapons in Hib doesnt require that you spec another weapon type, so Breydel is right, you can pick whatever weap type appropriate for your enemy :))) (Altho there are not thrusting LW :( )

Well, I hope this is true, as my ickle Luri NS on prydwen is speccing Pierce & CD in the hope that Mythic give CD some loving in 1.52 :)

O

old.tRoG

ok.

if they shortened the triple weild timer to 10 mins it would be alot more useful.

E

erl

Triple wield? How on earth does one succeed with that? Right now I can only think of one thing that I can swing when both my hands are occupied. And I don't think I'm on the right track.
:whip:

E

elerand

Hehehe, I got lots of gimped class posts when I asked :)

Now I get pm'd by low lvl b's asking how to spec, I haven't put the lvl of thought into it that some have relating to rvr but I figure if u want bang for the buck play a nuker...

At lvl 41 I have the following spec:

Blades 41 (+2)
Celtic dual 37 (+9)
Parry 11 (+8)
Shield 12 (+2)

I'm using all af88-94, a balanced asterite kite shield, silverfrosted blade and a gem encrusted claw.

I find I do more dmg with critical hits than heroes do, I also have a lvl 42 Hero and this seem to be the case.
Applying that across the board I think it makes up for some of the lost dmg using blades in RvR and one thing fast weapons have over slower weapons is this, in order to pull off a chain move you have to get it in before you are attacked again, with high quick, fast weapons I can actually try a move again if I miss or fumble the first time ;-)
I found using a much slower main weapon gimped my blade styles by being unable to pull them off quickly enough.

I might well raise my parry some more but if I'm xping and I'm 2nd tank I find shield is equally useful for for blocking there too, shame i can put my shield in the 2-handed slot, I could be really flexible then!
Evade 3, well since it came in it has saved my arse so many times!
I first found that out when I got jumped my 2 yellow mids in the BG at lvl 35, the kobold bought it first in about 3 hits and I evaded 4 of the trolls 2 handed weapon attacks, after the kobold was dead used tri-wield and I swear I saw the troll wet himself!

Admitedly I think I was lucky to have evaded so many times but thats part of the fun!

Don't let the others put you off playing a gimpmaster, it's much more exciting to PvE than a shield hero that's for sure ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread