Teleporters in Capital citys..why not?

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
just wondering if a reason has been given, why there isn't a teleporter in jord (and other Alb/hib capital cities)?

you would of thought in the roleplay aspect of things, the ruler of the jord with say "oh...stor of gothi...get one of ur dudes to jord"

Aegir has a teleporter and its a tiny city compared to jord.

moooooo :m00: (bored at work)

Adoctor

Fledgling Freddie
Dalmar-Hume said:
i think this is introduced with catacombs

yep ur right

Teleportation System Changes

Version 1.73 also features several teleportation changes to allow greater ease in traveling around your realm.

Portal keep and Shrouded Isles teleporters will now take you to your realm's capital city (Camelot, Jordheim, or Tir na Nog). There are also new teleporters in your capital city that will take you to various destinations.

The capital city housing teleporters have also been merged with the existing multidestination house teleporters. With this change, housing now only has one house teleporter.

should make trade skill quests a little better

Dukat

Resident Freddy
ahhh I remember when cammy lagged with all the crafters in the academy.. the good old days without /level 20 and toa :(

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
they should un-nerf camlanns porters first :p they removed porting from cities to frontiers keep, no more easy to df :(

Aonmeamna

Fledgling Freddie
Capital cities are ghost towns, there is rarely any need to go there. They can start by having grandmaster merchants there, remove the SI capital's abilities too. Get some life back into these ghost towns.

And what's with all the level 40+ zones that have villages in where the merchants only sell up to level 25 stuff? Like a level 25 character could even get to them?

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Aonmeamna said:
Capital cities are ghost towns, there is rarely any need to go there. They can start by having grandmaster merchants there, remove the SI capital's abilities too. Get some life back into these ghost towns.

here here! :D

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Dukat said:
ahhh I remember when cammy lagged with all the crafters in the academy.. the good old days without /level 20 and toa :(

housing killed the capitols pretty bad to. now all the macro crafters can sit in their house without getting reported for it :p

not saying ALL the crafters use macro mind u.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Before I joined the Euro servers I played the US trial just after catacombs came out, and they seemed to have solved this problem as the caps were FAR more lively than over here. Why?

-Teleporter (free, can't remember where to but I think CS, SI, housing)
-All GM merchants and more merchants genererally
-More random and quest giving NPCs
-Main enterance to catacombs
-New playerbase?!? Yes I don't mean just /level'ers, although there was a great deal of these just for the new classes obviously. You could distiguish easily between the PLers / FOTM-wannabes and the genuinely new players; and I can assure you there were quite alot of the latter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom