Teh Seel takes an in-depth look at some Linkin Park lyrics.

O

old.Tohtori

Somewhere I belong

(Well this is the title of the song. Evidently Mr. Park wants to belong somewhere or is stating that he knows he belongs somewhere. At the moment, he belongs to me!! HAaaa..a..sigh..)

When this began
I had nothing to say

(Quite an observative comment there. Ofcourse when a song begins, there is nothing to say since singing before a song begins, would be a bit daft.)

And I'd get lost in the nothingness inside of me
I was confused

(If i was lost inside me, in other words, my body lost inside my body like a rat in a maze, hell, i'd get confused too. Ofcourse Mr. Park might be confused because he ate the wrong mushrooms but maybe he explains this later on.)

And I'd let it all out to find
That I'm not the only person with these things in mind
Inside of me

(Well no such luck i quess. Evidently Mr. Park has a -lot- of people lost inside him. I always thought cannibalism would have some nasty side-effects and here Mr. Park comes to the same conclusion.)

When all the vacancy the words revealed

(Housing is not a problem inside Mr. Park. Plenty of room so join the party!)

Is the only real thing that I've got left to feel

(What is? Their building more houses inside Mr. Park? Anyone would feel -that-.)

Nothing to loose

(That's the spirit. Who knows, maybe that cute girl nextdoor will move inside Mr. Park too to keep Mr. Park stuck inside Mr. Park happy...*err*...yeah.)

Just stuck, hollow and alone

(One would think that Mr. Park is rather hollow since he has a whole housing complex in there. Though he sayes he's alone with all those people, maybe Mr. Park is a hermit inside himself?)

And the fault is my own and the fault is my own

(Facing the facts here. Never eat contract builders if you don't want houses to be built inside you kids.)

I wanna heal

(Evidently Mr. Park likes to play a healer in DAoC but doesn't know a good spec.)

I wanna feel

(Mr.Park wants to feel more things then just houses inside him. I don't blame him, there should be parks inside Mr. Park, and streets. Build a good community.)

What I thought was never real

(None of us really think that a whole city could be built inside us so i'm with Mr. Park on this one.)

I want to let go of the pain I felt so long

(I'm sensing Mr. Park doesn't like his community inside him. Perhaps Mr. Park is planning on a terrorist attack inside him.)

Erase all the pain till its gone

(Mr. Park likes to talk about pain. Maybe he means erasing Max PaYne from hsi computer.)

I wanna heal
I wanna feel
Like Im close to something real
I want to find something I've wanted all along
Somewhere I belong

(Here Mr. Park clears the fact that he wants to, infact, live somewhere else then inside himself. Can't blame him.)

And I've got nothing to say

(Good! Maybe this song will end now.)

I can't believe I didnt fall right down on my face
I was confused

(So am i. I thought Mr. Park had nothing to say.)

Looking everwhere only to find
That it's not the way I had imagined it all in my mind
So what am I

(So you didn't realise the fact yet Mr. Park? You're a housing complex.)

What do I have but negativity

(Heating? Internet connections? Running hot and cold water?)

Cause I cant justify the way everyone is looking at me

(Inside a house, when you look around, you have to see the house. It's all around you Mr. Park.)

Nothing to loose
Nothing to gain, hollow and alone
And the fault is my own and the fault is my own

(And we repeat the same thing again. I thought we discussed this allready?)

I wanna heal
I wanna feel
What I thought was never real
I want to let go of the pain I felt so long
Erase all the pain til its gone
I wanna heal
I wanna feel
Like Im close to something real
I want to find something Ive wanted all along
Somewhere I belong

(And again. Evidently Mr. Park isn't happy with the way i analyzed him and is now trying to clarify some point.)

I will never know
Myself until I do this on my own
And I will never feel
Anything else, until my wounds are healed

(Now Mr. Park is just playing with me. So he won't know himself until he builds himself? Also it seems he has injured himself but is inable to feel it.)

I will never be anything
till I break away from me
I will break away
I'll find myself today

(Yes. A breakthrough! He does want to get out of himself. Though what worries me is that he wants to get out of himself to find himself. How many Mr. Park's are there?)

And then Mr. Park goes into a repeating rage where he goes over and over again all the things he has allready told me. I must declare Mr. Park mentally unstable to live in a modern society, if and when he manages to move out of himself that is.

A

Ardrias_Mid

Of all the music available, you choose to analyze Linkin Park?
I mean... not like they have a deep meaning behind their lyrics, they just want the bling bling.

U C ?

O

old.Tohtori

Have to start somewhere. The sequal is almost always better :p

L

Laroma

Once again you prove you have way too much sparetime on your hands. :p

V

Validus

can't you like.. write a book about it instead? make some money? star in pepsi commercials?

J

Jiggs

*Teh Jiggs takes Teh Seel by the scruff of teh neck and locks him in teh fux0ring wood-shed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom