Teh Friday News!

R

Roo Stercogburn

Friday news
[2003-17-10]

Greetings my friends!

Without further pause for buffing, on with the news!

Problems in our accounting department has led to many of our staff not getting paid on time. With fewer peanuts to go around many staff have been unfed and we've had maintainance problems as a result. Apologies for any inconceniences that have arisen such as your homes getting invaded by scavenging employees that illicitly found your address from our highly secure and airtight customer database.

Server lag.

The pipes to the air con in the server rooms have had nice orange lagging fitted so they don't freeze up in winter.

Foundations :

Our announcement last week concerning the opening of an open beta phase for today was quite "optimistic". Well, actually it was a complete lie, but what the hey! Several problems encountered this week delayed this phase for the moment. We can't tell you yet when it will start, it mainly depends on the position of the moon and if Mars is in a favourable orbit. This sad news for the community, as we know that many of you have been farming like bastards in advance of "Foundations". We are also disappointed, as we know that several accounts are going to get renewed when it is released.

Character restoration :

Sorry firbolgs and trolls will have to stay ugly. We are however working on a shaving NPC in Camelot for Saracens to use.

Account Issues :

Many of you have reported having money taken from accounts after you have unsubscribed from DAoC and are attempting to complain. We refer you to the EULA you originally agreed to and if you check the small print you will see that it does clearly state "GOA own your soul and may take any funds as we see fit in perpetuity." Using the excuse that you had to hold the paper up to a naked flame to make the ink visible is not a valid excuse and you must still keep paying.

Sound bug :

First a reminder concerning this bug : it affects the majority of races and classes, without affecting all players in the same way. The players concerned do not hear the sound that their character makes when they are hit. We have now resolved the issue by removing our Chief Technician's store of MP3s from the server.

Well thats it for this week folks.

Take care, good hunting and give us a profitable weekend!

C

Cyradix

A GOA whine from Roo??? (even if it is in disguise) ;)

M

mavericky

Originally posted by Cyradix
A GOA whine from Roo??? (even if it is in disguise) ;)

Its not a whine, its Roo's news, and a very welcome return it makes :clap:

L

lakih

:clap:

Very good as usuall! The good news has been away for too long :)

B

Brunore

Originally posted by Roo Stercogburn
"GOA own your soul and may take any funds as we see fit in perpetuity." Using the excuse that you had to hold the paper up to a naked flame to make the ink visible is not a valid excuse and you must still keep paying.

Heh, nice one mate :p

D

dukat_lionheart

With fewer peanuts to go around many staff have been unfed and we've had maintainance problems as a result. Apologies for any inconceniences that have arisen such as your homes getting invaded by scavenging employees that illicitly found your address from our highly secure and airtight customer database.

i wondered where my peanuts went!!

highly secure and airtight customer database.

lol

J

Jiggs

i'd laugh but i just took my accs off auto renew AGAIN...

O

old.Tyraette

. We are however working on a shaving NPC in Camelot for Saracens to use.

fuck the shaver, I want a fashion consultant to get rid of my awful hoodie

gifv race respec :D

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Nice to see the return of "Teh Friday News", and a very good one at that :)

O

old.Tyraette

Re: Re: Re: Teh Friday News!

Originally posted by Serbitar
Now you want cyber from npc's?

well you quit, didnt you :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom