technical exams

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
eeee well due to certain people at my place of work being INSANE, there was a mess-up regarding the planning of some technical (some linux thing, if you must know) courses, and the planning of the exams that go with them. eg, the courses were all in the same week, and the first exam was after a day and a half. so, we went through them at warp factor 9 <que nerd joke> and the second exam is tomorrow morning :)eek:)

I've spent the weekend trying to fit about 1800 pages of documentation into my head. What currently worries me, is that my personal synopsis of things teedles must know is exactly 166 lines long including blanks.

this worries me :/

TdC

Mostly I am learning the difference between Novell/Suse's vision of how a distro should be, 12 years of Solaris, and my own personal vision o0

I hate it when perfectly good commands get obsoleted by vendor-only idiocy :/

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
Good luck, I've had a fiddle with varying Linux formats and hated them all!

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Tattoo the answers on your CoC and swaffle the examiner, they will be distarcted by said swaffle and you can pass the exam with flying colours

TdC

I find your faith in the massivity of my member disturbing, Edmond. I know I walk the walk, but in reality I fail to talk the talk, I assure you.

This is, ofc, because my notes now tally 260 lines. If it was still at the 160 mark this would be easy ;)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
've spent the weekend trying to fit about 1800 pages of documentation into my head. What currently worries me, is that my personal synopsis of things teedles must know is exactly 166 lines long including blanks.

this worries me :/
just goes to show what you know dude ;-)

:p

TdC

hey buddy, at least I didn't get killed by Chet. who knows what dirty things he did to your corpse before he left it :p

TdC

I passed btw. 764/800 points! I am now officially more nerdy than I was before :p

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
So the swaffling worked then?

TdC

well...this was a practical exam. you basically get given a set of servers and some instructions to build a certain case. how they judge it I have no idea o0

anyway, about the swaffling. because of the nature of the exam, I had no examiner but there was a receptionist who checked me in and logged me into a workstation. also she (presumably) watched my coat, bag and phone for me while I was away.

anyway, imagine me, if you will: I had a bad morning, which I spent revising, in phone conversations with FedEx and the Dutch Tax gougers while waiting for some handyman who was supposed to come fix my doorbell (who never showed btw, the utter cock). then I couldnt find the friggin exam place, because the road was split in half by impassable obstacles, namely train tracks, and my navigation had took me to the wrong side! So I was half an hour late.

Hold that all in your mind. Now, the receptionist. A Girl one. She was about 25, had long brown hair, and worst of all she was wearing a semi-sheer summer top and a black lace bra. Can you imagine the effect it had on stressed, nervous, nerdy me? Now the worst bit: when she stood up to get me a cup of coffee and to take me to the room where I would do the case...I noticed she was wearing a good pair of jeans (jeans are the sexiest thing a girl can wear btw) and a thong. I almost passed out, I kid you not :( smooth eh>? not up to my usual standards at all today :/

suffice to say, it took me a while to settle down. then, after I had realized that all was cool and I was going to pass, and was back at her desk to pick up my paper, I was crashing off adrenalin and was thus noisy (and hopefully funny), and she actually laughed at my jokes, was generally nice, and offered to bail me out of the carpark if my ticket was no longer valid. Sadly it was. I went home like a good boy :/

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Teedles. "Jizz in my pants" is a song, not an instruction. Congrats on the pass though :D

TdC

there are times when I am sad the things that happen in my head don't happen in real life :(

though ofc the alien invasions, zombies and nameless cthulluesque horrors would be a bit off-putting but at least I'd get to be witty and suave 24x7!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom