Techie discussion section

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Where was the discussion to merge it all into one? :p
I think it's better to leave it how it was, that way I can ignore mobile phone stuff and just read the web dev threads etc.

Discuss. :flame:

Will

/bin/su
We discussed it in the Moved thread. Well, when I say we, I mean mostly the Mods. The techie subforums had the same issues as the general subforums...they were mostly dead. So we merged them all. Its progress. :p

KevinUK

Can't get enough of FH
Oh I never looked in that thread until now, doh.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I miss the webdev forum already to be honest. I know it wasn't all that active, but it was nice to know it was there.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
put the damn tech forums back to how they were ..

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I agree, I don't want my PHP, Javascript and web design threads mixed in with those HAM radio boffins' threads, bunch of nerds!

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Let's let it bed down for a couple of weeks then look at possible categories needing subforums :)

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
Web (HTML, CSS, PHP, etc.) and "other" def. need a split, probably MP3 and phones crap needs its own place too

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I agree. I've thought of three topics I'd like to have started in the last week but didn't feel like it because I didn't think it/I would fit into the general techie thing.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Maljonic said:
I agree. I've thought of three topics I'd like to have started in the last week but didn't feel like it because I didn't think it/I would fit into the general techie thing.

Well that's not exactly going to help when in a few weeks they look thru the forum to see whether it needs subforums is it? People should be continuing to post and show there is a need for subforums.

Will

/bin/su
Rubber Bullets said:
I think each forum and sub forum should be looked at in terms of front page turn over, there should be enough new posts for the whole front page of General to turnover at least once a day, and maybe twice.

Any subforum not turning its front page over in a week should be scrapped.
WebDev was a pretty dead forum tbh. I don't really see how it got enough traffic to need its own forum, rather than just being in Tech. Just my 2p.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Krazeh said:
Well that's not exactly going to help when in a few weeks they look thru the forum to see whether it needs subforums is it? People should be continuing to post and show there is a need for subforums.
Well, I didn't not post to make a point or help or not help - I just didn't feel like posting a webdev topic in a techie general discussion forum, so I didn't.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
iirc it was just a "rollover" from BW/Game

WebDev back there was more alive cos iirc it was tied with the hosting, etc.

Yoni

please put them back.. i go there from a reference point of view when I am stuck.... I really can not be arsed now...oh and fuck bed them down.. just put them back eh

GReaper

Part of the furniture
There's a grand total of 9 threads posted this week in Techie Discussion, does it really need sub forums?

If you really need help/advice on a more specific matter than there are probably better forums elsewhere which have a lot more activity.

Yoni

yes reaper there is... i may not want to go to other technical sites where i may be mocked for my ineptitude.....

I want to be able to go to the tech forums click on the right subforum and look there... thats all i ask...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom