Team Killer on Barrys

D

drneedle

Just like to say well done to the guys playing this lunch time, it was a trying session with someone posing as JOHNNY KNOXVILLE out on a team killing spree even though he ammased a huge negative total. We eventually got a cracking game on Castle but not without having to deal with JN first.

And I would also like the admins to have a look at the logs from 1-2 and see if they can't get this guy banned. From his ping he's either adsl or cable. -26 is not on

12mavatar

yeah he's a regular tosser on the bworld servers but bw don't seem bothered.

N

nocte

yes i have seen him online before... just a pain in the ass.

BW do care, if you goto #bwrtcwl in irc you will find one of the public admins to get shot of him.

B

bigbb

We do care a great deal and #bwadmins channel has almost always got an admin for RtCW who can investigate a problem. But, we can't police every server 24 hours a day and we rely on people reporting the problems as well.

D

d_g

Do you have any sort of bot for the servers? I'm under the impression there is some bot available that detects when a player changes name to "admin_needed". Unfortunately I was only told this, so I cannot either confirm one exists nor point you in its direction.

Having seen some of the IRC scripts, including player tracking ones, i think it'd be possible and i can try and hunt one down/request one be made if there's any interest - i'd request that it be able to scan selected servers then simply post a message in IRC channel.

B

bigbb

Indeed, Demon UK operate a similar system with great success. There's currently a huge revamp of the Public Admin operation to improve the service and that should go some way to more efficent and effective coverage and action with cheaters.

B

bigbb

On this note, this Jonny Knoxville character is on his last warning now, we've warned and kicked him from the servers serveral times to no avail.

O

old.Hawklans

I have had this twat on our server, kick him as soon as he gets on if i am about..... i would love to ban him, but not sure how to do it

S

sabrex

ive seen him mostly hovering the server on BW that doesnt have a kick function.

:(

D

d_g

i take it that means not to bother looking into it? :)

regarding knoxville, as i remember he made some thread about being a TKer etc on rtcw.co.uk MP forum before they went down.

Users who are viewing this thread