fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
enkor said:
nightwish weren't too good afaik!?1

shows the overall skill level in the 'best fg' tournament i guess

Steffan-

Fledgling Freddie
It must be the band, can't be anything else xD
Anyway, what is this all about, link sends you onward to some french forum, where a dude writes something, another one quotes it with a: "lol".

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
goa have 8v8 tournaments for french players when prydwen players are still without items

NICE!

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Naffets said:
goa have 8v8 tournaments for french players when prydwen players are still without items

NICE!
Don't be selfish. There are a lot more paying customers than just Prydwen players subscribed to DAoC. They are already paying 95% of their attention to us, let the other paying customers have some fun too, ok? :p I agree our situation is pretty sucky, but it's no reason to attack them for doing something for their other customers as well. It's not like they should just stop and ignore everyone else.

Ame

Fledgling Freddie
Deepflame said:
Don't be selfish. There are a lot more paying customers than just Prydwen players subscribed to DAoC. They are already paying 95% of their attention to us, let the other paying customers have some fun too, ok? :p I agree our situation is pretty sucky, but it's no reason to attack them for doing something for their other customers as well. It's not like they should just stop and ignore everyone else.
I still can't remember the last time GOA did something like that on the English servers. Maybe I just have a poor memory, or maybe it never happened, and they're giving the French servers a better service, since GOA are french themselves. :(

Naffets

Can't get enough of FH
Deepflame said:

Ame hit the nail on the head with that one.

It's fine saying they're paying 95% of their attention to us, but if it takes so little manpower to run one of these tournaments however the English server playerbase haven't been offered such a thing. This is the second tournament the french players have had that I'm aware of.

Oh and personally i wasn't affected 1 bit by what happened to prydwen, i do feel sorry for those that lost stuff though, and still don't have their gear back.

One thing i do know is that part of the tournament happened on the 15th, i think prydwen went down on the 13th? So its fair enough to have not cancelled it and i appreciate what you're saying, even so we've not had anything like this in 3-4 years.

Apologies for the whine

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
<shrug>

I have no idea why GOA doesn't do it for us, but we've had our share of events and it's not that hard to organize a tournament ourselves is it? Remember when Phoenix Legion had a birthday celebration and GOA redecorated half Ludlow for us? I doubt they did that on every server.

The only problems I see with organizing a tournament yourself is the whole "crossrealming" thing and the fact you'll have to pick a very careful location to run it so no solo archer starts adding from a distance. But I'm sure with a little chatting with GOA it's possible to rent a BG for a couple of hours per week to run the tourney in.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Ame said:
I still can't remember the last time GOA did something like that on the English servers. Maybe I just have a poor memory, or maybe it never happened, and they're giving the French servers a better service, since GOA are french themselves. :(

This tournament was open to EVERYONE!!!! It is on a seperate server, the only requirement was that you could make it to the final on a certain date in france for some event where the final was being held... not their fault if people cant

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Corran said:
This tournament was open to EVERYONE!!!! It is on a seperate server, the only requirement was that you could make it to the final on a certain date in france for some event where the final was being held... not their fault if people cant
Not quite, the interface was in french, the info windows were in french, the instructions for the fights were in french
But anyone could join...
Pretty tough knowing wtf is going on if you dont speak french

there was a event on the EU servers 3/4 yrs ago where they arranged "dueling" in dodens, winner got a uber cloack i think

Deepflame said:
I have no idea why GOA doesn't do it for us, but we've had our share of events and it's not that hard to organize a tournament ourselves is it? Remember when Phoenix Legion had a birthday celebration and GOA redecorated half Ludlow for us? I doubt they did that on every server.
might have something to d o with a certain person being in Phoenix Legion at the time :rolleyes:

but we have had our fair share of events,
We just have just only ever had 1 pvp event far as i recall, and never had a cross realm event far as i can recall

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Chronictank said:
Not quite, the interface was in french, the info windows were in french, the instructions for the fights were in french
But anyone could join...

get an interpreter? ;)

I'm sure if enough people wanted to do this in english they'd do an english version - I imagine hosting events in france is a bit easier for GOA though given they're based there, no reason why they can't have something elsewhere mind you. You can send in suggestions for events/stuff via RightNow too you know or via an E&E ;) (and once the GM's aren't busy they'll probably read stuff like that on here more as well). I'd not be surprised if it was some players that got together and suggested this tourney to GOA in the first place.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
From the news a couple of weeks ago. Emphasis mine.
Friday News said:
Next Community Meeting in Paris
Following Leipzig, we are already preparing the next show. Our annual Parisian meeting "Le Monde du Jeu" will take place from the 14th to the 16th of October at Porte de Versailles, in the Parc des Expositions and in a bigger hall than last year. In this show, you will find all types of games although video games will be most prominent as the show will host the French Finals of the World Cyber Games. They constitute the qualification phase to the world finals of this video games competition, which will take place in Singapore in November.
In this framework and in additional to the usual events on the stand, Goa will organise a Dark Age of Camelot Team Tournament. This experimental tournament, with no link to the World Cyber Games, will begin with online qualification rounds ; then, the 9 qualified teams will confront each other in Paris on the 15th and 16th of October. This first performance already enjoy a great success since the registration of all contestants was complete in a few days. Depending on the outcome of this first tournament, we will possibly contemplate the organisation of similar ones for all of the communities.
For more details about "Le Monde du Jeu", please visit the new website of the show . You can also follow the tournament on the French official website .

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Bonelamencer said:
they weren't too good but still better then you and ur friends so FUCK OFF,thnx ! :D

...and people wonder why Camlann is a ghost town...

Corran

Part of the furniture
Chronictank said:
But anyone could join...

there was a event on the EU servers 3/4 yrs ago where they arranged "dueling" in dodens, winner got a uber cloack i think

might have something to d o with a certain person being in Phoenix Legion at the time :rolleyes:

but we have had our fair share of events,
We just have just only ever had 1 pvp event far as i recall, and never had a cross realm event far as i can recall

Was various "roleplay" events on server, various PvE events on server, a "co-op/RvR" event on server and possibly a dueling/group RvR event but i cant remember that one too well....

This goes for prydwen though as i dont play excal and cant say about them, PvE events are done on all servers though iirc, roleplay are down to people on server putting it in for them though.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
im gonna stamp on some baby ants for this outrage

yeah you better feel guilty

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
Svartmetall said:
...and people wonder why Camlann is a ghost town...

yes, because there are no rude people on rvr servers!

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Healer McHeal said:
dont take any notice of him, he dont even play the damn thing any more.

Camlann is still boring and useless.

Crappy ruleset, crappy mentality, crappy crap.

Hey lets camp in goth all day and jump in the portal if we get under 99% hp because ohnowhatwillhappenifIgiverpstheenemywasentitledto.

According to my pending research if you give rps to someone on camlann the Earth gets closer to the sun by 1 metre, so if you die too much on camlann giving full rps to someone we are all doomed, camlann players know this, so they jump portals quite a lot to avoid our impending doom! Bless you camlannoids!

That, or they just suck.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Lothandar said:
Camlann is still boring and useless.

Crappy ruleset, crappy mentality, crappy crap.

Hey lets camp in goth all day and jump in the portal if we get under 99% hp because ohnowhatwillhappenifIgiverpstheenemywasentitledto.

According to my pending research if you give rps to someone on camlann the Earth gets closer to the sun by 1 metre, so if you die too much on camlann giving full rps to someone we are all doomed, camlann players know this, so they jump portals quite a lot to avoid our impending doom! Bless you camlannoids!

That, or they just suck.

Good thing you aren't hindered by any form off knowledge about the server.

You probably did /level 20 and got chained 20 minutes because you lack basic knowledge of the pvp ruleset

Camping Goth only is done by retards and people from RvR servers

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
It all comes back to the same thing over and over again.

If we normal ruleset players say anything about Camlann we get told off cause we haven't played Camlann enough to know what it's like ... and when we try to play Camlann we feel like we want to vomit within about an hour because of the atmosphere there.

You'd think it's just a cliche... the "I will log my main and chain you" after you killed someone one on one with your level 21 skald ... But it's not I actually got that pm in my first hour on Camlann. Was also my last hour on Camlann. Well it was a bit more as I was curious if that guy was actually going to log his main ... I kept asking him but he just kept saying "stop pm'ing me or I log my main and kos!" ... he never did :<

Grund

Fledgling Freddie
most pathetic ppl are those who are rly loging their mains just to kill greys... and having fun when those retards being ganked by other city camping fags aka. odins

popa

Fledgling Freddie
Grund said:
most pathetic ppl are those who are rly loging their mains just to kill greys... and having fun when those retards being ganked by other city camping fags aka. odins
welcome too pvp, dont care if grey or purple u must DIE :pP
hmm cant remember how many afk/bb i have kiled whit my NS and how many time get kiled by dot armor proc at lvl 20 ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom