TdC's words of great wisdom vol. I

• Thread starter Testin da Cable
  • Start date
T

Testin da Cable

hmmm lemme see:

• Anything with more than 4 legs or less than 2 should be killed with furious vengeance unsurpassed...anything else should merely be killed. The 'furious unsurpassing vengeance' bit I leave to thy discretion Traveler....
    Also anything spitting, squirting, shooting, breathing or throwing things at you, see the above as the same rules apply. Oh aye...anything that's dead should bedead...you get the idea. Oh...anything with wings too heh.
  • Make sure your healer stays close to you. Real close. If he/she can't see you they won't cast spells! [Either that or they were out of frigging range heh]
  • A wise man remembers to turn 'follow mode' off sometimes.
  • That same wise man uses the camera to sneakpeek around corners.
  • Don't follow a fairy if you're nearly dead!! NO! BAD!!
  • If you're in a crypt and you can hear something scurrying about just out of the torchlight's reach...then yes, you heard correctly. There is indeed something there...and odds are it's big, mean...and ugly too!
  • If you see something creepy that you've never seen before it might just come in two sizes: small/ugly and BIG/uglier.
  • If you can't kill the foe [Gresh] in a full frontal assault...do it through sneakiness *cough*What?*cough*nothing :)
  • Keep your mages in training: make them use their weapons every now and then. A strong mage is a happy mage [or a well protected mage, once he or she is strong enough to wear armor]
  • Archers [or other things that use ranged weapons] shooting at you can be a real pain. Since they tend to be less well endowed in the hitpoint dept. than most, I try to take them out first.
  • I have my chars set to 'hold ground'. This means they won't go running off after every evil thing that presents itself to them, as I want them to attack in my time, not theirs heh. The downside of this is that a char armed with a mace won't attack an archer standing 10 paces off pumping arrows into him. Good thing to know heh.
  • If your [dead] enemies start standing up again look around for a mage. Also, it's possible that they weren't dead after all but unconscious. You can be it, so can they. Remember to check heh.
  • When you're looking down the road and you only see 3 badguys lurking...mentally quadruple that number. Then go take them down.

/updated again/ but more to come hehehe :)

C

Custy

what does follow mode do? i could never work this one out. :[

T

Testin da Cable

'follow mode' has all party members follow the primary selected member [the green circle], regardless of their also being selected [green triangle] or not.

turning it off means you can [example] leave your donkey behind for a while, as it may get in the way in a corridor. or perhaps split your party into two groups and move about. that sort of thing.

C

Custy

ahh right.

I usually leave my donkey behind anyway, clear out a section of the dungeon/path then send my donkey through. pissing me off now don't even need it that much might sell it and buy another character.

T

Testin da Cable

just had another thought:

• Give your fighters a spell book and stock them up on low[er] level spells while still in the single player mode. Have them level up to say, 15ish zapping flies and other weak beasties. Why? They'll be able to hold their own better soloing in MP mode till you get some mates together. See it as the same way as building your mages up weapon wise.

What can I say? I love this game [at least till NWN comes out =P] :)

Users who are viewing this thread