tdc has a question

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
reading this at the bottom I find that the animal in question has been tracked and killed. can someone explain why in a plausible fashion?

Mr.Monkey3

Fledgling Freddie
Because the current theory is that once a wild animal has overcome it's fear of humans (due to hunger, disease etc) and attacked once, it is far more likely to attack again.

Lions do display this habit. Hence the term "man eater"

TdC

ah, ok, because I had a moment of clarity you see...and wondered to myself why the aligator had to be shot for being an aligator. after all, the people were driving through some park yes? through water? and disturbed the lizard?

made me wonder if the people there shouldn't have been beaten up for wasting time rather than the handbag being shot for getting scared.

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Mr.Monkey3 said:
Because the current theory is that once a wild animal has overcome it's fear of humans (due to hunger, disease etc) and attacked once, it is far more likely to attack again.
That and the fact that if they didn't kill it he'd be bragging to the end of his days about the day he attacked a old american woman. Grandkids would be sat on knees and the fable would be told down the ages and alligators would no longer hold any fear of man.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
TdC said:
reading this at the bottom I find that the animal in question has been tracked and killed. can someone explain why in a plausible fashion?

Because revenge is deep seated in the human psyche and it always has to be someone elses fault.

Personally i think the family should have been tracked and shot for being stupid enough to drive through a 3 foot puddle in a wildlife preserve without having a closed up method of transportation.

Mr.Monkey3

Fledgling Freddie
yaruar said:
Because revenge is deep seated in the human psyche and it always has to be someone elses fault.

Personally i think the family should have been tracked and shot for being stupid enough to drive through a 3 foot puddle in a wildlife preserve without having a closed up method of transportation.
I take deep comfort in the knowldge that you are not incharge of the world. ;)

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
1. A 10 foot Alligator would be hard to miss. What was she doing - sleeping?
2. the Alligator only let her go cos it wanted to. It could easily have pulled her log off if it was up for it.
3. The fact that it DIDNT eat her - then it cannot be classed as a man-eater.

They should have got Steve Irwin in to relocate it.

granny

Fledgling Freddie
TdC said:

They were Americans yes? TBH I think the aligator should consider itself lucky that it there wasn't a full scale "War on Aligatorism" launched that involved carpet-bombing the reserve, hunting down and killing the aligator, the aligator's family, the aligator's friends, all those other so-called-reptiles suspected of being in league with the aligator or associates of said aligator and any other nearby creatures bearing a passing resemblence to aligators - known, unknown, known unknown and unknown unknown.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
granny said:
They were Americans yes? TBH I think the aligator should consider itself lucky that it there wasn't a full scale "War on Aligatorism" launched that involved carpet-bombing the reserve, hunting down and killing the aligator, the aligator's family, the aligator's friends, all those other so-called-reptiles suspected of being in league with the aligator or associates of said aligator and any other nearby creatures bearing a passing resemblence to aligators - known, unknown, known unknown and unknown unknown.
No no no no and no ... they'd probably carpet-bomb Chester Zoo or something.

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
I thought alligator's weren't lizards?
Also don't alligator's kill their prey by drowning them?
And she drove through water right? then how did the alligator get her? It couldn't drag her out of a car.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
mr.Blacky said:
And she drove through water right? then how did the alligator get her? It couldn't drag her out of a car.

she was sitting in the BACK of the truck - I assume one of those flatbed trucks the americans seem to love.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
10 ft aligators a pretty damn hard to spot when they're in the water otherwise they'd be no good at catching their prey now would they?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
mr.Blacky said:

Reptiles aren't they ?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I'm gonna ram my thumb up its butt !

Mr.Monkey3

Fledgling Freddie
Lazarus said:
1. A 10 foot Alligator would be hard to miss. What was she doing - sleeping?
2. the Alligator only let her go cos it wanted to. It could easily have pulled her log off if it was up for it.
3. The fact that it DIDNT eat her - then it cannot be classed as a man-eater.

They should have got Steve Irwin in to relocate it.
The fact it attacked someone means that it is more likely to do so in the future, regardless of it's sucess.

Think about it. Do we have to wait for an animal to kill someone before destroying it?
Is it not sensible to take preventative measures when certain animals display behaviour that makes them likely to attack? (such as attacking!).

Now clearly I'm not all about killing anything that is remotely damngerous, but once it has become a threat....
Crocs can be "relocated" but they can end up back in an area that is populated within a short period of time, where they pose the exact same risk.

GekuL

Fledgling Freddie
I was under the impression almost all crocs could be quite dangerous.

Stimpy

Fledgling Freddie
Clearly the alligators family should sue the woman for sitting in the back of the truck and tempting the alligator in question into chomping on her leg, surely they are due some compensation for having a member of the family killed for the womans stupidity.
Plus it bit a woman so wouldn't that make it a potential woman-eater, maybe it was trying to be different from the cliched man-eater, they may have just gone and killed a pioneer in the field of alligators.

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
Ah had to look it up but alligators are not reptilles :kissit:
The 23 species of alligators, crocodiles, and their kin, caiman and gharials, are collectively known as crocodilians. The earliest crocodilians evolved over 200 million years ago. Crocodilians are usually considered to be the only living members of the Archosauria, the group which included the dinosaurs. However, some scientists believe birds, which are the closest living relatives of crocodilians, should also be included in this group.

TdC

gators should sue crocs for forcing them to be in the corcodilian pool :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom