TBPFH this foad stuff really annoys me

fo_and_die

Fledgling Freddie
discuss.

i like mank, altho he does smell, but he likes joy division so thats ok

fo_and_die

Fledgling Freddie
tbpfh foad is like foag, its like Glen, everyone knows its a normal net word and people should not get banned for using it, in the code of conduct it says somewhere that people should expect a certain level of abuse (iirc), the booby swinging avatars are different, there were sexist and stupid (imo), this is the internet, not the politically correct utopian (sp) world _some_ people think it should be.

but honestly, you just cant educate pork

Cyfr

Banned
FREE MANK!
2 Week ban is WAY over reaction.. it's fine to say FOAD on irc so it's obviously not that offensive (oh and FO anyone that trys to say 'well well in irc it depends on the context blahblah..' because thats a load of donkey crap and you know it.

Damini

Part of the furniture
To be fair, I hated that whole FO and die thing, and I'm glad it was cracked down on. At one stage in the DAoC forums, you'd be wading through thread after thread of people hoping people died, and being incredibly cruel. Add to that that some people in that forum were battling cancer at the time, and it only serves to make the whole sentiment of wishing people dead seem even more inappropriate. It seems harsh banning someone for saying it once, but when it wasn't treated that way the whole forum (not just the DAoC forums) was awash with numerous FOADs.

Two weeks is extreme, but I don't agree that FOAD is a harmless banter. It makes the forums look immature and hostile, and if you let it slide with the nice forum users like Mank then the stupid spitting dickheads of this forum start beating their chests and screaming it in CAPS LOCK.

fo_and_die

Fledgling Freddie
Damini,

its ok to call people "stupid spitting dickheads" but not for them to foad, good use of language from someone who is going to be in print (albeit published by americans), can we have a list of all words deemed to be wheelchair cancerous fat skinny black brown white friendly please.

just so we know, becasue obviously we cannot think/express our selves correctly for fear of hurting someones feelings.

god bless the tree frogs , their starvation plight is over

Cyfr

Banned
I don't think the general forums use FOAD in the same manner as the DAoC ones..
The generalites tend to not genuanly -HATE- someone and actualy want them to die..

Bullitt

One of Freddy's beloved
Your using the context argument you so quickly dismissed in a previous post.

And you can't realistically make one set of rules for each 'group'.

Cyfr

Banned
I was saying the difference between DAoC'ers and Generalites, when I refered to context in the other post, I ment it is just used as an excuse to get away with it or make something 'seem to be done' sort of thing on irc..

fo_and_die

Fledgling Freddie
Why dont we just say that only people from a minority or living in a hospice can post, then all people will be able to respect each other and we wont argue, that works for me.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I like Mank, he is a top chap, but I really don't like the use of that term. It's unnecessarily aggressive and juvenile. If the people at Freddyshouse want a more mature bunch of forumites then it's only right to ban that term and to enforce it in whatever way seems fit.

Damini

Part of the furniture
fo_and_die said:
Damini,

its ok to call people "stupid spitting dickheads" but not for them to foad, good use of language from someone who is going to be in print (albeit published by americans), can we have a list of all words deemed to be wheelchair cancerous fat skinny black brown white friendly please.

just so we know, becasue obviously we cannot think/express our selves correctly for fear of hurting someones feelings.

god bless the tree frogs , their starvation plight is over

There is a world of difference between wishing somebody dead, and simply insulting them. If you can't differentiate between the two, then I'm genuinely shocked, but then maybe that's why we are having to have this discussion in the first place.

And am I meant to be offended? Goaded into outrage by your attempts at being catty? It's a poor show, especially since you've got the free reign of hiding behind a new name.

bigbb

Loyal Freddie
fo_and_die said:
Why dont we just say that only people from a minority or living in a hospice can post, then all people will be able to respect each other and we wont argue, that works for me.

Sorry, is the the Daily Mail - 'The World's Gone Mad!' column?

Don't sensationalise what is a fairly liberal set of rules for the use of this forum.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I can't help feeling somewhat responsible, yet also creeped out at a bunch of DaoC lamers wanting to be like me.

Nah fuck that - I dragged the forums down to my level. The only word I'm looking for is pride.

:D

venus

Fledgling Freddie
TBPFH threads like this really annoy me..... Sorry but it had to be said.

If this foad stuff really annoys you so much, then why have to registered as "fo and die"? And why have you started a thread about it? :twak:

Sorry I just don’t see what you hope to achieve, (apart from annoy people) but then perhaps that’s me just being thick! :rolleyes:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
This forum belongs to Ted and Deebs. They say they don't want people saying die irl etc. Its their forum. They pay for it. They make the rules. Don't complain when someone bans you for breaking them.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Basically what Tom said. You don't like it, then fuck off. Go set up www.foadforums.com and say it all you like.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
What Tom said, what Damini said and what Mystic G said.

There are far too many kids on the net and on the forums. It's the pissing rule that you can't say the 'foad' thing (and rightly so): that's just the way it is. I see the point that occasionally there is a faint whiff of double standards, but unfortunately real life is excatly the same way; including the law, so fucking deal with it.

G, loosing patience with brainless kids

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Big G said:
G, loosing patience with brainless kids
That covers this G as well.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Bodhi said:
I can't help feeling somewhat responsible, yet also creeped out at a bunch of DaoC lamers wanting to be like me.

lol Bodhi. I'm sorry, but taking credit for the FOAD epidemic of the early 21st century is a little cocky. Arrogant even.

God damn, that's why I love you so much. :wij:

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
It was me ALL ME!!!!¬!!¬!¬¬¬

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom