19 Scyla Firefiend
188,422 4,255 50 Alltrades INC
Avalonian
20 Enchanter
286,380 4,127 50 Alltrades INC
Avalonian

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
It's only because alb prydwen has not run pbaoe groups constantly and done well with them...more enemies to on excal.Excal albs seem to run casters a lot more than prydwen too.

Corran

Part of the furniture
why compare servers.

typical RvR on prydwen, small battles, caster easy to find, if they got a bg wasy to pick them out.

Excaliber. zerg warfare. cster harder to spot and the bg even harder as could be one of like 20+ tanks. so caster just nukes away untouched.

Also, instead of saying wizards are lol on our server, why not make your own groups to use them then rather then complain about them being lol like?

Eki

Fledgling Freddie
also alb wizard pbaoe cant really compete with the 123871231234154357254355345 chanters of Hib :/

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
Prydwen has never really had a strong number of wizards - Erods ice wiz groups were the only ones ever worth mentioning as an 8v8 squad, and he's given up on it except for keep stuff (afaik).

Shame wizards (especially ice) are so underrated/underplayed on pryd :<

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
Eroda is runing around with hes Theurg now, but brings the wizzy oute now and then.. mostly for keep related stuff though... he needs aboute 150k to reach RR9 :)

And on excalibur, there is a totaly diferent playstyle in RvR.. loads of players, and as Corran said, excalibur has the "stlong zerg" amd wizzys are hard to spot.. on prydwen, wizzys are easy to pick of and kill.

and this is just a BS post, seems to be made by some1 lacking the inteligence to check the server status before complaining aboute ouer low RR wizzys

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
2 Munkyman LovesTheJobsYouHate
182,862 17,766 50 Defenders of the Cross
lol nice 1 m8 :cheers:
yer erodafira is best ice wizz ive seen :)

Spathi

Fledgling Freddie
Aoln said:
I guess wizzies must be good in zerg V zerg then ;)

people complain about the zerging in prydwen but if you've ever tried playing excal, then you'll know its more than just 2-3fg occasionally colliding with each other :eek:

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
20th!!!! wow im so 1337 4k lwrp \o\

wizzi groups are fun, more fun than mele groups imo but mele groups have more room for error than wizzi ones. Hopefully we can get some good ones goin at alltrades when we get in gear :clap: Also mele groups still work ok at low realm ranks so long as everyone plays well caster groups are bit more reliant on RA's imo.

I think 2 wizzies reaver pala mini sorc 2 clerics will be nice when fronteers hits :)

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
I guess Prydwen Albs has realized how useless the wizard as a class is. So I guess the real thread title should be: "Excal Wizards = Lol why havent they rerolled yet?".

The Wizard is a weak class in RvR. It can do "ok" in a proper RvR group, but it's acres away from the performance of Enchanters, Eldritchs and Spiritmasters.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Omfg

How the hell did that happen...

Went out for one evening RvR to get MCL and ended up 18th in the Wizzy RvR list...

Damn, I can't stop laughing... :clap:

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Dakkath said:
How the hell did that happen...

Went out for one evening RvR to get MCL and ended up 18th in the Wizzy RvR list...

Damn, I can't stop laughing... :clap:

Erodafira and such quit? ;<

Nightchill

Can't get enough of FH
SoulFly said:
Erodafira and such quit? ;<

Read up, afaik Ero is playing his Theurg. He's finished his job, but is now finishing off his masters (I think). Could explain any lack of playtime :)

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
Nightchill said:
Read up, afaik Ero is playing his Theurg. He's finished his job, but is now finishing off his masters (I think). Could explain any lack of playtime :)

Think that what SF meant was that the wizzy that went oute for MCL got on the list becouse Ero and the other high wizzys quit RvRing....

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Lol

Lastnite I out PB'ed 3 Elfs twice. Im a Walking explosion rdy to Pop VP MOC PB :D

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
I guess Prydwen Albs has realized how useless the wizard as a class is. So I guess the real thread title should be: "Excal Wizards = Lol why havent they rerolled yet?".

The Wizard is a weak class in RvR. It can do "ok" in a proper RvR group, but it's acres away from the performance of Enchanters, Eldritchs and Spiritmasters.

my god, you speak with such mmmmm bravado :kissit:

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Enchanters actually aint that much better than a Wiz

Sure enchanters can debuff their own nukes. so can wiz (10% debuff only tho :E)

no one plays ice wiz cause Albs are whining *****

and we dont have the support to keep them alive ofc.

And cabalists have been hanging in the dark past years. no one ever wanted them EVER. less played in rvr than thanes in gank grps.

Well because high RR Ilum made one and plays it good now its bloddy fotm and u see powerleveling with cabys going on everywhere.

Thank you and have a happy friday

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
My ice wizard does fairly good damage actually...people underate them end of story, of course sms/chanters are better but doesn't mean alb can't do well with ice wiz groups.

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
If Ice wiz was in hib and chanter was in alb.

the ice wiz would own the chanter

Its all about how u can setup a grp. and with albs split utility to hell its no way Albion can setup a caster grp as good as the hib/mids can

Albion: Realm of defense?
How come we only have a shitty RA as defense then? :m00:

Adorith

Fledgling Freddie
Lets just have a look at what wizzie brings to the table and compare it a bit vs mids and hibs caster/pbae groups...

Firewiz: bolts and specnukes.
Bolts are only useful for taking down other casters, and debuffed nukes >>> specnukes.

Compares to:
Void Eldritch: bolts, spec AE nuke, gtae, some casted debuffs, some instas in secondary and baselines, ghetto nearsight

Darkcarver: bolts, self debuff nuking, gtae, speed, insta debuffs...

===

Earthwiz: GTAE and...erm...a bolt, decent AE root and AOE snarenukes. Oh, and a decent dot.

Compares to pretty much the same, since the only real reason is gtae:
Void Eldritch: bolts, spec AE nuke, gtae, some casted debuffs, some instas in secondary and baselines, ghetto nearsight

Darkcarver: bolts, self debuff nuking, gtae, speed, insta debuffs...

===

Icewiz: pbae and snarenuke. debuff nuke not really worth using for 10%

Supp SM: pbae, demez, instant debuffs, single target mez, intercepting pet.

Manachanter: pet, debuff nukes, pbae, speed

Mana Eldritch: pbae, ae disease, snarenuke (single and ae), ae insta debuff

===============

The scary thing is if you put both specbolts on separate timers, you could give wizzies 1.5x specpoints and they wouldn't be all that unbalanced.

Edit: oh, and forgot to mention the support for pbae groups...hibs have group purge. Mids have AE stun. Albs can run around in circles thanks to SoS. :clap:
Unless of course mincer purged mezz and got stunned before he hit SoS.

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
pointless post imo.. i play exc and i know how exc is. and zoyster aint a threat unless he has his usual 8fg+ by him. saying pryd wizzies are crapper is pretty much.. well.. daft? as mild as i can put it.. what are you trying to prove here u dingbat?

try comparing infils on exc and pryd.
or even champs for that matter.. wahey! now there's something.

more rp's than someone on another server does NOT make u better than them ok? different server.. different peeps, different circumstances.

might as well say everyone on exc is better coz there's more rp's earned there than anywhere else.. but that aint the truth.

Graveland

Fledgling Freddie
Who says albs dont have group purge? Just let em mezz us and let the enemy pbaoer's "purge" us.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Ice-wizard just lacks something compared to Hib/Mid-equivalent of PBAE. Be it a pet; some utility or something else; they just 'miss' something. They can PBAE (duh), they can root (ST), they can AE-nuke and they can spec-snare nuke. All those things a void-eldritch can do and he can also disease and str/con debuff and has ghetto-utility in other lines.

Its just.. wizard was defined as 'raw damage no utility' which would be fine if there was actually 'raw damage' in casters. Majority of times casters get interrupted, stunned, mezzed, 1-shotted and the such.

Asking for more damage just didnt work; since Mythic thinks it would be unbalacing. And utility doesnt fit the wizard-class description (again; according to Mythic)

I agree 'more damage' would be unbalancing; especially now with TOA. But wizards wouldnt be unbalancing with more utility. Tho in the end if you look at the 'overall' -utility Alb classes get......

Best way, imo, would be to delete some Albion-classes to lower the 'watering down ' of abiltiies over 13 classes. This will never happen tho :/

[NO]Magmatic

Fledgling Freddie
48k, and I only RvR'd 1 day last week...

I'm sorry, but if your saying 'we are hard to spot in zergs', ask puppet how I like to RvR... You'll almost never see me in zergs... The 48k last week was purely gained from FG vs FG (or more) fights in one evening, we died a total of 2 times in a FG vs FG fight... This is true for a couple of the wizzies in that list btw...

Gained 25k yesterday with a theurg duo while there was an RR going on, which indeed is 'hiding' in the zerg ;) Was fun though, killed 16 mids with theurg + minstrel cause they where too stupid and kept comming in groups of 2-6, givz more Skiltvakten :D But normally I dont RvR that way...

Anyways, we're only just finishing with TOA, we should be back to RvR for a couple of days per week now, not yet back full-force due to 1 ice wiz going MIA... Have to find a replacement now :( And we're still leveling some artifacts...

Wizards perhaps lack a bit compared to the other realm counterparts, but we're far from gimped, and with TOA gear + bodyguard, we pack a nice punch... The debuff-nuke is a nice start nuke, finish off with fast base-dd's is very nice... Every nuker in a group on the same resists with range & pbaoe is a nice bonus too when the sorc has time to debuff...

The only thing that really sucks is, as albion pbaoe group you need a (very) good sorc, or your going to be eating dust a lot...

Also, too many ice wizards want to 'pbaoe bomb' their enemies, what are you thinking? That you can pbaoe bomb rr7+ mids that have 50-60% cold resist? Or hibs with 45% ? If your gonna do that, be prepared to die :) (it works nicely on low-rr hibs/mids though)

Gelid

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm some people seem to have taken this thread the wrong way - in no way am I insulting the Prydwen wizard community - that would a bit daft since my main char is a wizard? I simply created this post to bring the situation to the attention of those willing to discuss it - and for those useful responses I am grateful :>

Personally I agree with most people - its a combination of the nature of the server, and the fact that not many people are prepared to create a perma-pbaoe rvr group except roddy, who did it very well. I've tried it once or twice, but eventually gave up (nowhere near as determined as he is :p) and just wait for pbaoe groups to appear out of the blue (which isn't very often, to be honest!)

Munkyman OFC

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:

WTF if u played a wizz u would think different. im a fire wizz i can kill a caster from a range of 2000 away in 1 hit, maybe 2. and im not very high RR. There could be some improvements made to wizzes but really wizz are just the same as scout. as in no hunter pet or duel weild (no stun or pet) but they can do a hell of alot of dmg some times. think the most dmg i ever did was a yellow con mob in toa at low RR3 i did 2300 dmg +.
most the time in rvr grp V grp ( i never get fotm grp. would if i could ) the mids will own my grp cause they are fotm. but before my grp gets wiped i can always get at least one kill. while all these tanks are doing shit dmg and running into pbaoes and mezzes etc, also i rarely get heals in a grp, even with 2 clerics. (sometimes theres exceptions) <looks around the room see's Xyliana and hugs> But thats most probley cause i have 800 hits without capped con or HP (still a n00b in epic).
in otherwords dont judge a book by its cover wizz can be uber and can be crap. just like all other classes. weak points and strong :) :m00: :m00: :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom