Tattoo epidemic

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
I don't have any tats, but it is a professional hazard for me to see lots, I see more of a lot of bodies than anyone would think healthy, and have seen all sorts! Some tattoos are stunning.

The main problem for me is that I see a lot of old tattoos, and they generally follow a pattern. The wonderful bright colours that new tattoos have fade over time, and the blacks seem to mellow into a sort of blue black. Also all the razor sharp edges begin to blur as the ink migrates in the skin. On top of that of course even if the ink doesn't slide slightly the skin supporting it definitely does! Pretty much all the old tattoos I have seen are a mess.

More of an issue for me however are the huge hoop things that kids put in their ears. Facial piercings etc will simply heal when taken out but these mangled ear lobes will never look normal again, what's that going to look like in their 40's when they're going to job interviews?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Another thing to consider is though tattoos have been around since year dot with no obvious complications outside infections and allergys.
The body immediately sends an army of cells to attack the ink, but the process is very slow, the entire time you have a tattoo, your immune system is going flat out to break down and remove the ink.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
the entire time you have a tattoo, your immune system is going flat out to break down and remove the ink.
Link?

Edit: Not being funny, but I'm interested if actually real and how/why/when etc.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
I personally have absolutely no issue with Tattoos. I have two myself and the only regret I have is the fact that one of them is too small and wrong way round. (Name of a friend who died) Every single tattoo I ever get will have significant meaning for me. Job is being a bell-end.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I personally have absolutely no issue with Tattoos. I have two myself and the only regret I have is the fact that one of them is too small and wrong way round. (Name of a friend who died) Every single tattoo I ever get will have significant meaning for me. Job is being a bell-end.

Wait, you have a tattoo written the wrong way around? I think we need more info, because my mind reels with scenarios for how that happened, none of which make you look good.

Link?

Edit: Not being funny, but I'm interested if actually real and how/why/when etc.

There's a wiki entry about the health risks from tattoos, which seem to be surprisingly poorly researched, but one bit that interested me is that the lymph glands sweep up ink, and that some inks have plastic in them which can coalesce under the skin

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Probably best to see it on a bit of paper before confirming its OK :)

Job

Still want a tattoo after watching that vid?

Job

Ive changed my mind.
artist--mikael_de_poissy--tattoo_0361379677535.jpg

sayward

Resident Freddy
I still want a skull but haven't found one I like or where to put it!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Still want a tattoo after watching that vid?
I don't want one, never did. But neither am I put off by it.

Interesting vid but nothing bad going on...

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Wait, you have a tattoo written the wrong way around? I think we need more info, because my mind reels with scenarios for how that happened, none of which make you look good.

I was 18 and not exactly sober. Decided to get the name tattooed on me. Apparently I was insistent that it run down my forearm away from my elbow. So picture a name in a single line going down my forearm and starting just below the elbow. Yep that's my tattoo.

My next tattoo, a Scorpion, will cover it up and I will most likely be getting the name done properly elsewhere.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The only things in the world I consider have meaning enough to permanently ink onto me are the people I've lost and will lose. And honestly, thats what remaining family members, photographs and memories are for. I can see them in my minds eye far better than any tattoo will ever portray. And I don't need to display them for all to see.

If people want to cover themselves in ink, it's their choice.

Not for me.

Last edited:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I have and probably still am considering a tat of me dad with me mum. I cant see any reason to get anything esle. Mate of mine is covered in spiderman tattoos and they although looking like spiderman are completely random in my mind. Guess he has a hard on for the imaginary

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I sometimes have a hard on for the imaginary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom