Tasks - newbie help pls

S

siden

At what level can I start doing tasks? Kill tasks I think. I'm based in Vasudheim at the moment, level 5.

S

Smartypants

You should be able to now. Just find a named guard, and if he doesn't want to give you a task, try another... :)

O

old.Kennsai

you can get kill tasks from a named guard from lvl1 till lvl20 and as said b4 you gotta find one that will give you one. they random so even if a guy same lvl as you gets one from a certain guard doesnt mean you will. hope this helps :clap:

F

Fafnir

:)

If you find a guard that gives you kill tasks he usually gives you new one for the rest of the lvl, as long as you dont fail on to many, sometimes you can get a few lvls from the same guard but i have found that unusal... I also found that the guard at veldon is more willing giving your more tasks, or this can only be by chance.. Got 4 lvls on 3 chars from her, always killin Vendo's
Wish they could establish a horse rout from Veldon to Vendo camps, from the few hundred time i runned that way.. :)

But go thru all towers the tasks are worth it.

L

listepik

usually, i think, the guards' willingness, is very much derived, of the surrounding mobs. if everything is grey or purple, you wont get any.

in WD, you can often train from level 10 (9 if youre lucky) up to and including 14.
and theres only 2 guards :)

M

matax

Kill tasks are given by the same guard for a whole level. Which guard gives you tasks at what level is randomly determined. There will be more than one guard in the whole realm who can give you tasks at a particular level. The same guard will kill you kill tasks every 4th level. Level 19 is the last level you can do kill tasks.

So at ....

level 5/9/13/17 - guards a and b will give you kill tasks
level 6/10/14/18 - guards c and d
level 7/11/15/19 - guards e and f
level 8/12/16 - guards g and h

Therefore make a note of which guard gave you kill tasks at levels 5-8 and you won't have to search around at the following levels.

I believe that in Mid a good place for low levels doing kill tasks is the Vale of Mularn as there are 5/6 guards within a reasonable distance of each other so you should be able to find one for every level here.

See http://www.brimstone.com/~jasona/DAoC/killTasks.html for a list of all the kill task guards.

see http://www.io.com/~caladin/kirstena/midmaps for maps of Mid showing the location of the mobs so you know where to go when you get your kill task.

Good hunting :)

S

siden

Thanks everyone for the advice :) I never dreamt would get such a comprehensive set of replies !

O

old.Eeek

Don't spend all your time doing kill tasks though. take time out to do quests and explore, joins group and hit the dungeons etc etc You will find it alot more fun then :)

T

Tasans

Anyone knows a site where i can find alb kill tasks?
My noob theurg would appreciate it ;)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Tasans
Anyone knows a site where i can find alb kill tasks?
My noob theurg would appreciate it ;)
The only spots you need to know for all levels between 5-20 are:
Tower near cotswold (1 named guard), bridge in cotswold (2 named guards), bridge near prydwen keep (salis side, 2-3 named guards because one tends to take walk... Grum that is), west downs (2 named guards).

I levelled my scout solo from 5-20 in no time doing these from ONLY these locations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom