Task Dungeons & BG's

Brood

Fledgling Freddie
Hi

Can someone tell me where the TD is for lvls 1-10 in Hib. Is it the tree with the whole in it - if so who do I see for a task. Or is a cave with an old geezer outside - if so the one in mag mel told me I'm too high at lvl 5.

Also where can I find a list of battleground locations as I've no idea where to look.

Thanks.

I'm on US classics btw

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Get the task from the guy outside the house to the south west of the healer in the starter town.

The TD is the tree with the hole in it just to the north.

To get to the BG's just select battlegrounds at any porter.

Brood

Fledgling Freddie
Great thanks.

So would you recommend fast leveling by TD's or in Catacombs?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
TDs is faster, catacombs you get better armour (Auralite etc)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
or xp in classic zones as there is an xp bonus

i tried doing that just before i gave up permanently, XP without BB help or cash transfers and after 25 lvl's i had uber crap gear and no cash coz i leveled to fast and didnt get enough cash to compensate.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
i tried doing that just before i gave up permanently, XP without BB help or cash transfers and after 25 lvl's i had uber crap gear and no cash coz i leveled to fast and didnt get enough cash to compensate.

Thats the one bad thing about Dark Age of Camelot. The exp is so good now, you do not make the cash to buy the better armour as you level :(

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Thats the one bad thing about Dark Age of Camelot. The exp is so good now, you do not make the cash to buy the better armour as you level :(

Thats why catacombs is good. They more than doubled the aurlite drop rates. You can easily keep your equipment good by going there every few levels.

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
Camp a instance in cata, not the best xp, better in bg's, sure but you will not be ganked when you are in a middle of a pull (or notice that your back looks like a pincussion) but the xp is rather good, like 1-2 lvls / run when soloing in a instance and you get the auru for the equipment at the same time. Besides, the time for repop when done with it is enough for afk - "need a drink", "bathroom", ect

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Thats why catacombs is good. They more than doubled the aurlite drop rates. You can easily keep your equipment good by going there every few levels.

I was playing when that patch first came out, didnt notice that much of a difference

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Liar ! You had one hand in your trousers, you snake monster !

Brood

Fledgling Freddie
How do you get mobs higher than blue in td's?

I hear ppl talking about killing orange mobs.

Also, how do I get better armour, does it all drop from mobs or can you buy decent armour from npc's (only seen crappy npc stuff so far)?

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
TDs - when solo start off blue, higher level TDs will be Yellow to a solo player, if you go in with a group the level will scale up to match the group, so a full grp will get red/purple mobs.

Armour does drop, but from experience never fast enuff to keep you in good gear, aurulite dungeons or even good old Darkness Falls are good and will get you some reasonable gear. Begging is another method, but generally frowned upon.

Try and get into a guild, most have Guild Houses with vaults full of gear ppl loot. Dont expect access to the vaults as soon as you arrive, but once you have made a few friends you will be sorted :)

Brood

Fledgling Freddie
Great thanks.

One last question, what is templating and does it concern me before lvl 50?

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Great thanks.

It doesn't concern you before lvl 50.

Templates are just a collection of items that you wear which work well together. Basically every stat and bonus you can get on your armour has a cap. This is a maximum amount that you can have. If you have a random selection of gear the chances are some bonuses will be over this cap while others won't be near the cap at all. The aim of a template is to get as many stats/bonuses as close to their cap as possible.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Brood said:

Your best bet is to look around a few of the template sites. Either post for links here or simply google for them.

For every class there's been hundreds of templates posted and your best bet is to find one that's not too expensive.. check in the housing zones if you want an idea of how much the stuff in them is going to cost on the server your on.. and simply use one of them. Be aware that if your on classic servers you'll need a classic template, since all the items got from ToA zones are unavailable.
Once you've got an idea what items are out there and what stats are most important to you, you can try playing about to make your own, but you'll get by just find copying someone else's for a good long while.

Before level 50 (or certainly into the high 40's when you might start getting into item hunting groups) just use the best stuff you can get your hands on and don't worry about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom