Target out of range

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Is this a common problem?

I'm stealthed on my Witch Hunter and clipping the heels of a target infront of me and spamming burn armour or sudden accusations and continously getting the target out of range message.

What's the deal, do I have to take up temporary residence inside my opponent colon to be considered in melee combat range?

Poag

m00?
Had the same. Running along behind a RP noming on his legs but unable to actually hit him. Untill one of the ranged players in my group hit him, procced my celerity snare and then ofc he was in range.

What was worse was that my AP/Soul Essence was going down, even tho i was "Out of range".

Aurelius LH

Fledgling Freddie
I often find I'm being hit in melee by an opponent who is 'out of range'. Now I understand my Dwarf has short arms, but somehow that doesn't seem enough of an explanation.

I also regularly get told there's no line of sight to the NPC who is shooting me when I try fire back or cast spells at it. The tiniest variation in ground levels seems to cause complete confusion for the targetting system.

Mind you, I keep running into silly, silly bugs (what exactly are walls for, apart from holding up the next floor, since they don't stop turret fire, flamers, occasionally pets, any area effects spells?). I sometimes wonder it there's been a timewarp, and this is actually a Beta I'm playing.....

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I play with my GF side by side and this can be seen better with 2 screens, when we are running, one screen will show us side by side, the other will show us completly out of range of each other by about 40ft(ingame units). I don't really play melee but this can cause some huge problems.

It doesn't really look like lag, just that the server doesn't keep up propperly with the actual location of characters consistently.

It can also be seen when we duo our sorcs, we usually stand directly ontop of each other to assist nuke. One of us will be out of range, the other will be in range, and not just by a few feet, we're talking her able to nuke with the 80ft AE, and me unable to reach them with the 100ft nuke, it's pretty wierd sometimes.

Toel

Loyal Freddie
I play with my GF side by side and this can be seen better with 2 screens, when we are running, one screen will show us side by side, the other will show us completly out of range of each other by about 40ft(ingame units). I don't really play melee but this can cause some huge problems.

It doesn't really look like lag, just that the server doesn't keep up propperly with the actual location of characters consistently.

Common in most if not all MMO's (I think). Guessing you'd only get perfect synced running with two computers side by side if they'd both have 0 Latency, though I'm probably wrong on this matter. I usually am. :(

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
I frapsed this last night
Practically standing ontop of a DoK and spamming burn armour, the animation was firing, but the target was out of range, I hit sudden accusations in a fit of keyboard mashing frustration and it connected :(

Next to the constant
"Hey, I've added you to the following scenarios automatically even though you clicked 'leave the queue' all of 10 seconds ago"
feature, with the corresponding UI freeze, it's very poor...
very poor indeed :(

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Common in most if not all MMO's (I think). Guessing you'd only get perfect synced running with two computers side by side if they'd both have 0 Latency, though I'm probably wrong on this matter. I usually am. :(

Played daoc, wow, AO(!), planetside and a few other MMOs that did not have this problem, it's not just lag, its that one client says a character is stood at X location, another client says it is stood at Y location.

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
I've seen it alot too and it is very annoying indeed. Some players also seem to vanish and warp to another place, so I guess its server lag mostly.

twix112

Fledgling Freddie
the same problem existed with wow a while back so it's not a trivial problem...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom