This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tamiflu

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Tom, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Tom

Tom FH is my second home

A mate of mine has just bought some Tamiflu, enough for him and his missus should Bird Flu get over here (seems likely).

Paranoid, or good sense? He reckons the government stockpile will be for essential services only. To get 10 capsules is about £45, and should the shit hit the fan, you won't be able to get it for love nor money.

I have visions of him nailing boards to the windows, and fighting off flu-infected zombies with a gun.

2. TdC

TdC Trem's hunky sex love muffin Staff member Moderator

does he also have a fall-out shelter and two years worth of canned goods squirreled away?

3. Tom

Tom FH is my second home

He has the canned goods, and he also has a tank of diesel buried in his back garden! Hes also got an air rifle and an air pistol!

4. Mazling

Mazling Fledgling Freddie

I just have a squirrel, tucked nicely away ...

5. Tilda

Tilda Moderator Moderator

Its pointless buying vaccines now from what I gather from my parents. Any human-human strain that emerges will likley be different to the current chicken-human and chicken-chicken strains.
    Thus any vaccine you buy now will likley not elicit an immune response to whatever new virus thats around.
    However, I guess it could also be a similar strain and thus worth buying stuff for :p

6. Uncle Sick

Uncle Sick One of Freddy's beloved

!!!

Did he fiddle around with the mechanism so that he can fire both on full automatic? Hehe.

7. leggy

leggy Probably Scottish FH Subscriber

It's not a vaccine. It's an anti-viral medication which should reduce the risk of passing the virus on and will most certainly reduce the symptoms experienced by those affected.

Mutation or not tamiflu will have an affect on the user.

8. TdC

TdC Trem's hunky sex love muffin Staff member Moderator

would he also prefer to move to a remote region of america to live in harmony with nature (and other survivialists)? refusing to pay taxes and acknowlege the justice system? secretly thinking that the world would be better without humans?

better call John Clark matey!

9. tris-

tris- Failed Geordie and Parmothief

where is he getting these capsules, because from what i can see it is prescription only? or has he actually had it prescribed?

10. Tom

Tom FH is my second home

http://www.meds4yourhealth.com/index.php

Search for tamiflu in the search box, and up it comes. He got some powder, and 2 boxes of capsules, enough he reckons for the two of them should people in his area get infected. Its not a cure, but it does reduce the chances of death somewhat!

Apparently it comes from Sweden, so they must have a license to get them through customs.

11. Tenko

Tenko Fledgling Freddie

Sweet

Peeps buying anti virals over the net, must be Armageddon again.

Well We're advising our clients to put everything they have into canned food and shotguns...

12. Chilly

Chilly Balls of steel

balls to that, id much rather spend 45 quid on beer and get fucked - I can catch flu anytime, but I can only get drunk tonight once or twice!

13. Brynn

Brynn Can't get enough of FH

Cant catch the flu if i sit infront of my computer, and dont emerge till i have been told its safe.

14. Tilda

Tilda Moderator Moderator

you might starve though ;)

15. Ch3tan

Ch3tan I aer teh win!! FH Subscriber

Is that one of the DAoc commandments?

16. SawTooTH

SawTooTH Loyal Freddie

Yeah and dont forget the gas mask for the attack on LONDON. Tski Tsk

17. Bodhi

Bodhi Resident Freddy

The western media is responsible for more extreme cases of paranoia than cannabis, ecstasy and cocaine combined. Fact.

However if that website sells ritolin or valium I would be extremely interested hehehe.

18. Chilly

Chilly Balls of steel

reefer madness for the worlds most ridiculously over done propaganda film ever.