Talk about an expensive few beers!

T

Tenko

I was almost feeling sorry for the guy until I read the last comment.

Call me sick but I just laughed out loud!

Editor's Note: The subject of this article died in a car wreck in 1999. Police said he was legally drunk when his car ran off the George Washington Parkway in Virginia and struck a tree.

:D

The US is pretty late in bringing in drink driving laws and this is typically american in its implementation. "Hard as Nails + Therapy"

:clap:

S

SFXman

Yeah... in Finland you have to redo your driving test if you get a DUI, probably some short while of no license. Really though, it's not like a insanely long period of time and huge fines are going to add to what happens after it has passed and the person may drive again.

B

BubbleCDR

Is there no drinking and driving law in america?..Drinking is crap anyway.

D

-dewey-

Originally posted by BubbleCDR
Is there no drinking and driving law in america?..Drinking is crap anyway.

Did you even read the god damn article?

B

BubbleCDR

not all of it no..to long..i read a little tho :)

S

SFXman

The article is actually quite interesting in the sense that you realise when things go way too far.
"Drinking is crap" if you are driving, correct in that sense.
Yup, read the article if the thread is about it... posts make more sense.

O

old.job

Punishment works, the only reason I don't drink and drive is because the consequences of getting caught are too high, like everyone else I don't think I'll kill someone or crash, unfortuately that's what every drnk driver thinks who runs down a cyclist/pedestrian/kills someone in another car.

5 years ago a drunk driver jumped the lights at the bottom of our road, he crashed into another car, killing this guys 35 yr old wife and paralysing him from the neck down, the drunk didn't have scratch on him. He only did 3yrs in jail, whih means he's out again now living his life :(

O

old.Xarr

sucks :(

if everyone just knew not to drink and drive no matter how much you've had the world would be a better place. that's too much to ask for ofc, there's always idiots around =/

S

SFXman

I don't drink and drive because I am afraid of getting hurt or hurting other people in the process, a car crash just has to be a horrendous experience... that's what stops me from doing it.

O

old.Tohtori

Jot otat et aja ja toisinpäin, eikös tv:n setäkin sanonut näin?

Finnish line from an old rap tune by Raptori, roughly translated:

If you drink, you don't drive and the other way around, isn't this what tv-uncle said?

And it fits. If you'r stupid enough to get behind the wheel after drinking, then you should be thrown around. Fuck that, take away the lisense for good.

S

SFXman

Mmm, sure I've had one beer before I drive but that still leaves you under the limit :p
I'd never jump behind the wheel if I know I'd be even a bit over the legal limit.
Hmm... I begin to wonder if I was still a bit too drunk one morning... hmm... doubt it... just that I am not sure how long it takes for alcohol to leave your system. Oh well, it was after a "good" night's sleep.
j/k, I was still tired as hell that morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom