T4 RvR PQ

Apollyn

Fledgling Freddie
Think we were in the first one and it was great fun. We had a little 4 man grp riding round caledor trying to find it killed a DoK above the BO and it started. Then Alex (marauder) arrived with a grp and full scale war erupted.

Really enjoyed the flow of the fight up and down that hill, much more fun than keeps cos keeps never have a drawn out scrap in the open like todays first PQ.

Grats to Destro for the win, think it ended aroun 100 to 65-70 so a good win for them, fairly equal numbers i think but we suffered early on with a complete lack of any healers initially.

Whats the gear like form the PQs? Cant wait to get home and get fightring some more, stupid work...

Wildkard

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe yea it was good fun...apart from the fact that order could only manage to kill destro out of the PQ zone :lol:

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
Well it starts to be annoying tbh, we are in a rvr pq, destru outnumbers us, we still start to kill em pretty easily ( not many bw's for the carebears.. ), but... 2 magus come, and here comes the fun-ruin tbh, it sucks, chaotic rift everywhere, even if u spread a lot, u get caught, its pure shit, with the cooldown it has, the range, the radius, and the lack of inmunity, totally ruining the fun tbh, and it seems some ppl can only play if there's a magus around ( saying only magus cause we dont have many engineers around, and normally they're the other spec ) i mean, wtf was the dude at mythic smoking when he implemented that stupid ability with the combo of no inmunity timers... and then ppl QQ cause not many ppl in ORVR...

god i feel much better now :)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Well it starts to be annoying tbh, we are in a rvr pq, destru outnumbers us, we still start to kill em pretty easily ( not many bw's for the carebears.. ), but... 2 magus come, and here comes the fun-ruin tbh, it sucks, chaotic rift everywhere, even if u spread a lot, u get caught, its pure shit, with the cooldown it has, the range, the radius, and the lack of inmunity, totally ruining the fun tbh, and it seems some ppl can only play if there's a magus around ( saying only magus cause we dont have many engineers around, and normally they're the other spec ) i mean, wtf was the dude at mythic smoking when he implemented that stupid ability with the combo of no inmunity timers... and then ppl QQ cause not many ppl in ORVR...

you have any idea how horribly shit it is to LEVEL UP a Magus? they out of any class deserves what they have at 40 :)

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved

Thank you.

I've been waiting to see a BW complain about something being imba for ages...

Tbh the chaotic rift gives you a small idea of the irritation that is "fetch" not only are you pulled in but that sodding lion can suck you in from miles away!

There's only three things in warhammer that stand out as being totally ott imo. BW damage and ALL of the pull in abilities. The Marauder, White Lion, Engineer and Magus abilities could do with a longer cool down imo. Finally the non breaking roots need fixing. I know it's only a chance to break on damage but it seems to me that the roots either NEVER break and last the duration or they INSTA break and they're a waste of space. There needs to be a little bit of balance there.

It does make me chuckle to see you moan tho Dread - mainly because there's at least one premade that does the engineer magnet, 4 BW aoe trick in serpent's passage every day of the week.

M

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
Well im qq'ing from both sides, to the engineer and magus, and yes, bw dmg is pretty high, im quite sure it will get "toned down" pretty soon, and i think its logic, and hopefully after the nerf, more ppl in oder will roll some tanks so we can be competitive in pugs and so.

And about the WL pet pulling ya, well, i think the marauder one is better cause the pet bugs in the way, can be snared bfore he reaches the target, or simply killed ( many WL would love to see his pet HP increased a bit, same goes for SH ), but well, its an i-kill ability, the WL and the marauder one, single target pull in the middle in the zerg, no matter what class u are, u gonna get pwned, if the single target one is bad, well the magus/ENGINEER ones are stupid abilities tbh, and on a 10 sec timer ( i think ) its pretty silly, and the radius is a bit OP aswell, so the fact i play a BW, knowing the dmg output is bigger than his mirror class, does that means i cant see or talk about an OP abilitiy, wich is on both realms? :>

And i've been invited 3 times to grps with engineer, i said no due to i find it damn boring that playstyle, totally ruins the fun, at start it was only when i was getting pulled in, but i seen peeps in order doing it, and the fun for both sides ends there, at least for me, no way to counter that ability, c'mon even my dog could use it, with a little of coordination u cna farm loads of ppl, and still some magus QQ cause its a suicide ability, hah... yeh, he dies and 12 order ppl too, what a waste no? xD

I hope the balance will come soon, for everyone, cause those premades using the magnet shit, from my pov, are just ruining the fun, but everyone plays as they want no? :>

PS: BTW Moongose, wich class u are? dont rememb atm :p
And soz for horrib english, <<spaniard :p

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
I play a shammy, Dacovale is his name, he is moving nicely towards 40 and whilst he's not the uberest healer destro have, I love his utility and ability to pop about dotting, healing and rezzing as required....

I have a low level white lion alt on Zhufbar and I have to say I really rate the class. I know in scenarios I am always screaming kill the pet when I see it coming because so often I'm pegging it away only to hear that roar and find myself flying back through the air to a gleeful whitelion and bw assist team!

I agree - overpowered things or abilities that need tweaking should be tweaked. It will make the game more fun. I just hope they get the tweaks right. We need to tone down the bw damage - not demolish it. The same thing with the pull ins. Tone them down, don't destroy them and take an aspect of the game away.

Any ability used well should have the potential to swing the battle without it becoming an FOTM "I win" button.

I wish the devs the very best of luck in achieving that, however. In the mean time - I'll keep trying to dodge your dots and silence you ;)

M

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I know in scenarios I am always screaming kill the pet

yeah because its owner is useless without it right?

the pet may be annoying but its not that that kills you...

its the same with the pet classes here as in any other game. kill the owner = problem solved.

killing the pet isnt actually doing much use other then for the 1 player that gets hit with fetch. killing the owner insted means 1 less melee DPS to worry about, AND you get rid of the pet.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
yeah because its owner is useless without it right?

the pet may be annoying but its not that that kills you...

its the same with the pet classes here as in any other game. kill the owner = problem solved.

killing the pet isnt actually doing much use other then for the 1 player that gets hit with fetch. killing the owner insted means 1 less melee DPS to worry about, AND you get rid of the pet.

If Fetch get's one of the 2 or 3 healers in a team it's doing alot more bang for buck imo.

killing a white lion who is sticking with his tanks and support is very difficult. killing his pet every time he rezzes and sends it in isn't.

M

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
Heh no offense to Squig Herders but sometimes i would kill the pet first rather the Sh himself :p that knockback on the pet is pretty annoying^^

And well, as in many games, a pet on your healers ( with the big heals being so easy to rupt ) is a bad thing, so i kill em if i'm free, so the little dworf can keep meh alive.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
All the Pull and Push spells are plain stupid imo. Mythic were so keen to avoid mezz and come up with something visually good they did not think about the mechanics of it enough. Could take them all out and the game would be better for it. They should at least tone them down alot.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Also, make silence work on rift/electromagnet

Thought I was being clever the other day when I saw a Magus charging into the middle of our group. Used my 5 force to whack insta silence on him and waited for my BWs to pop him... a second later we're all sucked into root, knockdown, aoe... release.

It did make me laugh in another game though, there was a magus (Piezor or something) who kept charging into us and Rifting even though his team wasnt nearby or ready to take advantage of it.. but he'd keep doing it. It was literally..

1) ride from spawn
2) dismount near enemies
3) run into the middle of said enemies
4) rift
5) die to the 12 extremely annoyed Order players standing right on top of him
6) repeat

At the end of the game he had something like 150 renown and 2k xp >.<

Dre@d

Fledgling Freddie
But but... he did his best!!!.

Nah, that shows that a magus ( if im not wrong ) only has 1 "viable" spell, and needs to be in a group with minimal organisation to be useful.

I just dunno if they dont have any other "viable" spec or there's some spell ppl didnt see its potential , i doubt tho:p they should redo the magus a bit i guess.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Magus has 2 viable RvR spells. The less talked about one is how I kill bright wizards. Or more accurately, encourage them to kill themselves.

For a magus not to get creamed it does indeed need to be a well balanced group, primarly arranged around the Magus style of play.

The Magus main weakness in RvR for Chaotic Rift style of play is that he needs to run to the front, which as a clothy is generally a good way to die fast. As such, healing needs to be tip top or its a waste of time.

That said, I love my Magus just for the style of play, unique in any MMO I've ever tried. Even though I'd been in closed beta, Chaotic Rift was something I'd never played with. It seems to be the class-defining ability, as viewed by others. Shame really, as the Magus has lots of other nasty tricks. Just not got any firepower thats worth talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom