Help T-Mobile Customers

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Folk,

We had a break in last month and currently still working through the insurance claim. The only item currently outstanding is the better half's mobile phone.

Our House Insurance company are looking for proof that we did not have insurance through T-Mobile.
We dont have any documents which show us this (she has been with T-Mobile for a few years now) and T-Mobile claim that they cannot give us this information!!!

Anyone on here that are with T-Mobile and also have insurance? Can you tell me if this is printed on the Monthly Bill received from them?

If so, I can use that as proof that we did not have the insurance.

Ta

dysfunction

FH is my second home
How about make an insurance claim attempt through t-mobile. They will soon let you know if you are not covered!

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
T Mobile call it fonesafe http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/content/pdf/fonesafe-leaflet.pdf and I can only imagine if you had it then your bill would show it as a separate charge but more likely you would be billed separately.

just checked the leaflet soze :

How can I keep tabs on my payments...?

Your insurance payment will appear as a separate Direct Debit on your bank

statement. It will appear as 'Mobile Insurance' or 'Homecare Insurance'

In other words- "f**k"

soze

I am a FH squatter
just checked the leaflet soze :

How can I keep tabs on my payments...?

Your insurance payment will appear as a separate Direct Debit on your bank

statement. It will appear as 'Mobile Insurance' or 'Homecare Insurance'

In other words- "f**k"
That will help as you can just send that and a copy of your bank statement to your Home Insurance, if there is no separate direct debit for phone insurance then the home insurance will cover it?

Vae

Resident Freddy
Personally I find it rather ridiculous that you're being asked to prove a negative. What's next? Asking you to prove that you don't have insurance with all the other insurance companies as well?!

soze

I am a FH squatter
Personally I find it rather ridiculous that you're being asked to prove a negative. What's next? Asking you to prove that you don't have insurance with all the other insurance companies as well?!
I suppose it is fraud prevention checks. If you have home insurance or car insurance with two companies and make claims it is fraud. Same must be true for mobiles. But in saying that I am sure you declaring that you are not insured elsewhere would be enough for them if they were worried about legality. This is more likely an excuse to not pay.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Euhm i am with t-mobile, and i have used my insurance.
Cost me 10€, they pickup me phone, give proper phone to lend, and 1 week later phone is back (well a brand new one:p)..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom