System Specs

O

old.IcE15

Tell me the spec of your computers and how well they run cstrike!!

mine is

p3 450 @ 556mhz
96mb pc100 ram
GeForce 256 graphics card

runs cstrike at a solid 72 frames per second with the rate caps on, how do i take them off, i want more speed, i tell you, more speed!!!!!!

S

SAS

AMD k6-2 300mhz, 64 ram, voodoo2

It's not bad but on some maps it can suck :(

FPS is lowish around in the low 30's or less than 10 on some map areas (like assault by the main doors)

------------------
Posted by S.A.S
http://guides.barrysworld.com

A

Atomic Rammer

HaHa you dont have a problem m8

I used to play it on a p166 overdrive
I became anti clostrphobic on oilrig where i would just run and hide in a confined space so i could see what was going on and avoided sunlight like the plague. :)

O

old.IcE15

lol
p166, that must've been VERY bad!!!!!!11

O

old.Mad Bloke

800 P3, 128m ram, TNT2ultra, 19" Hansol monitor & ISDN

and as for how well it runs CS?

well it runs ok i guess ;)

~ MB

O

old.Kez

dual celery 400s (not o/ced) - 196mb ram, vd banshee.

erm, it doesn't run cstrike :p

O

old.TUG

Celeron-II 566 overclocked to 952MHz
Alpha PEP35T CPU cooler
Abit BM6 motherboard
128 megs PC133 Toshiba SDRAM
Globalwin 802 ATX midi tower case
(detachable panels, slide out mobo tray, 6 HD spaces)
300w PSU
Mitsumi 1.44mb FDD
13.5gig IBM 7200rpm, ata66, 2 meg buffer HD
Slimline HD cooler for above HD
2.5gig maxtor diamond max 5400rpm HD
40X Philips CD ROM
6x4x20 Ricoh CDRW
Videologic sonic vortex 2 sound card running:
Creative CSW100 sat/sub setup + also linked to home stereo
Creative GeForce w/32megz DDR ram
120mm Fan Card Cooler to mainly cool graphics card
15" LG monitor
Diamond Supra Express 56SPi K56/V.90 moodem
Digital Edge Win95 Keyboard
Genius Netmouse Pro PS/2 Mouse
1x80mm Sunon 36CFM case fan
1x80mm YS Tech 36CFM case fan

It runs CS (probably) and I would think it's not too bad (say between 10 and 200fps-ish?)

;)

A

Atomic Rammer

> Tell me the spec of your computers
Its a beige one

> and how well they run cstrike!!
dunno whats CS?

O

old.Out4Zero

Tug, all that and a 15" monitor?
Wheres your DVD drive?

O

old.[Pixie]

no duh... :)

but this is an extra small moniter, i think its from korea, its called a mitac and its no way a 15"'cha

another bastardo thing i found out, whle looking carefully at my crative sound blaster 64, there is no crative logos or text over it... there is one... freesound.

gaddamint! another thing thats been bodged by crappy ol tiny! BAH!

O

old.[Pixie]

i gots me a PII 350 128ram Voodoo2 paracite

(look ok, i got it form tiny well my sister did for college but she gave it to me since i used to have a 133 }=])

anyways tiny stiched her up with a motherboard that has had a ati rage graphics card *INTERGRATED!* into it, so no joy with a agp slot, and also they *STUCK!* a sounblaster 64 on, yes stuck, with solder and everything... so a voodoo 2 paracite that goes in a pci and runs through the old ati was the only option for some decent fps...

i hate my PC and so does everyone who i have lans with, its always me that has something wrong, i mean when it came there were no ipx's installed i mean wtf!?

anyways after some seriouse fecking around it seems to be ok, im getting a new one anyways but for the mo it will do...

oh yeah and for ppls who think that a 30 quid modem is the same as a 110 quid one have something to learn, my pc came with a piece o' shite modem that gave me a 600 ping to BW but i got a u.s robotics pro msg modem and get 180, but im getting adsl so who cares right?

the only upside to my pc is my lovely screen. ahh its only 17" but its soo pretty comp to me old 14" from my 133 (yes 14" i measured and there was 2" of plastic around it so a 12" screen with 2" of crap)
and a sub woffa that i got the tiny guy to throw in, man its bloody loud, playing the pixies sond full blast makes me go nuts... =]

well you are prolly bored from my long ass post now and i am too...

pls dont hate me for having a tiny pc...

tiny suck *scratches tiny symbol off moniter*

-------
[Pixie]
-------

DEATH TO THE TINY PPLS!

[This message has been edited by [Pixie] (edited 01 June 2000).]

O

old.Kez

erm, the 15"(example) display on your monitor is measured (I can't spell at this time of the day) diagonally, hus 15" is only diagonal, so no, its never 14" across :(

O

old.TUG

I don't really watch many films :)

I might get a pioneer 16x DVD/40x CD when they are a reasonable price... and I'll get a 19" monitor one day (when I can be arsed to buy a big mamma of a desk too :))

I was lookin @ a belinea (don't laugh) 19" monitor - 106030 is the model name. Seems to be quite good and only about 240 inc VAT... interestin :)

O

old.frankie

tug, you so proad of your computer ?

------------------
----------------------
-------------------------
----------------------
DR_FRANKENSTIEN

O

old.TUG

Nah, I know loadsa people with MUCH better systems...

It's an ok machine though for the money.

O

old.fumig@tor

here i am im nothing comapred to you though Tug im afraid
PIII 500mhz
128mb pc 100 (will be 256mb in a few days)
now dont laugh! Diamond Stealth III s540 32mb agp (really pants anyone want to buy it off me? say 45 quid
erm 20gb hard drive 7200 rpm
17" mitshubishi monit@r
erm microsoft intelimouse crap for gaming any of you got one of those razor mouses??
and a nice ickle 40x phillips cd
hey n e 1 thinking of uprgrading tell me!!
i get you some cheap parts brand new (hey sorry BW just plugging myself hope you dont mind)
enough rambling then hey asdl is for business really gonna cost u some serious pennies mate try blueyonder.co.uk isdn cable modem 50 qiud a month i got surf unlimeted at the mo pants to it all
c ya peeps :)

O

old.TUG

heh yeah and if you want cheap cooooolers, email me ;) or visit www.clockspeed.co.uk and we might sell you stuff even cheaper if you mention barrysworld :)

BTW, PIII 650 now but it's a shit overclocker :/ even 800MHz gives me gip :(

E

Embattle

Hmmm I doubt you would reach 200 fps TUG. I've oced my PII 450 to 560 before but to be honest I'd rather just buy a new CPU and also the noise is just to much of a headache maker.

It now runs back at 450 which means I don't get problems with my NIC and also its no to loud :D.

Oh I also have a Seagate series 2 30GB 7200 drive, 256mb ram, Creative GF, Yamaha YST100 speakers, SBLive.

Intending to buy myself a nice 700Mhz PIII.

[This message has been edited by Embattle (edited 17 June 2000).]

O

old.TUG

I wouldn't have a clue m8, never even played it yet :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom