Syria

Aada

Part of the furniture
Defence Minister killed, the Free Syrian Army look unstoppable.

The question is will Assad use more extreme tactics and start using chemical weapons?

rynnor

Rockhound
Was he killed by the Rebels or by Assad fearing their defection though - people in the area are saying theres no sign of damage where its said to have happened...

Aada

Part of the furniture
Didn't know that, Assad becoming very paranoid then if its TRUE.

rynnor

Rockhound
From the BBC

"1627:
The circumstances of the deaths remain unclear. Syrian TV says the men were killed in an explosion on the National Security Headquarters in Damascus, but it has not broadcast footage of the attack, and a BBC correspondent who visited the area says there is no visible sign of damage."

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Maybe they caught him trying to defect or coordinate a coup?

Poag

m00?
From what i heard it was a suicide bomber inside the meeting room itself. Potentially the defense ministers own bodyguard. Thus a fairly small bomb and probably deep in the building.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Whoopee do, we can look forward to years of carnage, womens rights taking a nose dive, retribution and a loopy fundamentalist regime from the dark ages supporting terror attacks on the west.

Aada

Part of the furniture
So true the FSA wanting to over throw the current government are absolutely no different at all, they are still muslims living in the dark ages, some really fucking gruesome videos around of what the FSA do to captured soldiers put it this way if your a Assad soldier and your tank is disabled/pinned down and about to get captured put a bullet in your brain and save yourself the torture and your eventual death from a mob of bitter twisted fuck heads.

Libya/Iraq/Afghan are prime examples of what happens when you remove the current dictators from power that are keeping these animals under control all 3 countries are in anarchy and are in a worse state then what they were before, take Iraq for instance you have groups from both sides dumping up to 100 bodies a day in the streets, you don't hear this in the news because nobody cares anymore.

Libya? human rights are worse there now even when Gaddafi was in power.

Job

That's why we need a truly independent investigation of the western mainstream press, who seem to act solely as the propaganda arm of the military.
If you watched the BBC news, you'd think the rebels were all peace loving hippies forced to fight against psychopathic killers.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
That is exactly what the western media is these days sadly. Iraq is a fucking disaster and we have pushed them into the arms of Iran, a nation with a regional agenda. Then you have Libya, regieme change by air superiority. Now in the hands of tribal leaders who all hate each other and religious nuts like the Muslim Brotherhood. The we have Tunisia, Egypt and Afghanistan whom we undermined or invaded, nothing good will come from any of those three or the others mentioned. It's an American made clusterfuck.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I find this funny; "Are you in Akcakale or on the Turkey-Syria border? ... please get in touch using the form below."

I think getting online to fill a form to contact the BBC would be the least of my problems.

Though more seriously i do smell a faint whiff of escalation in the air.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Big wall round it, fill it with water.

Poag

m00?
Its the "NATO has promised Turkey its full support" thats more concerning.

Turkey being a full NATO member. If they consider this an attack against their territory, they can call upon Article 5 of the treaty, in which case it becomes a NATO problem.

Of course Syria may be attempting to play on this, drawing in the westerners to galvanize some Arab support.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
NATO will not fuck with Syria unless the Russians are given promises about their interests being safe under a new government. Mark my words. Once that happens, Turkey will be used to steamroller Syria and NATO providing air support.

opticle

Part of the furniture
What a fucking stupid thing to do. Surely this was done with the intention of causing an international conflict? I can see no other reason why Syria would suddenly decide to do it - and also apparently give no reason why and then respond with "Soz, we won't do it again".

Pointless and stupid or intentional design to eventually produce a conflict that they didn't "start".

This world is full of fucking idiots, everywhere.

Job

We all need to buy 5 litre jeeps and use all the oil up as quick as possible, then the arabs can go back to trading camels, it'll be a thousand years before they are civilised again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom