SYD the bug magnet

A

Atomic Rammer

Anyone seen this one?

Im playing the game, I could be in console at level change or in game gibbing people and the game will freeze and it looks as if the gamma drops a touch as it crashes.

I cant end task but i can do alt s to shut down windows.

Ive seen it in counterstrike and maybe tfc but im not certain

Anyone had this and fixed it?

O

old.Mad Bloke

Can't say i recognise that one, sorry.

I have been getting a lot of 'failed to free last entry' crashes again lately though :(

~ MB

E

exxxie

Yeh ditto here - "Failed to free last entry" has taken the top spot on my PC Top Ten Crashes of HL, taking over from the hugely popular "Split packet too large" that has dominated the charts until recently : /

Where is this new patch mularky thing anyhow? And will it have even more amusing new crash bugs built in to keep me amused?

/me crosses my fingers

[This message has been edited by xs (edited 05 June 2000).]

O

old.[Pixie]

sorry SYDie, not had that one, but Mad and xs i have had that one LOADS lately... is it poss for a game to degrade like that?i mean, my HL used to run fine, even after the last patch, but these last few weeks its gone all pair shaped...

O

old.Vince

I dont get any of these crashing things (actually i have had split packet too large once...) but i do get an error message :
WARNING:U_REMOVE ON FULL UPDATE
What the hell does this mean ?
and what is a penge resident and why am i one ? ...
I am in desperate need of the update for cs now ...

------------------
<---VincE--->

A

Atomic Rammer

I've never had that 'failed to free last entry' one.

I've switched off downloading of logos, do u lot have massive logo files or am I guessing way off.

O

old.Vince

hey ! we just posted at exactly the same time !

------------------
<---VincE--->

A

Atomic Rammer

No we didnt, mines below yours ;p

E

exxxie

No Syd, i dont allow downloads in my config and regularly delete my empty Custom.hpk file cos I'm paranoid (Custom.hpk is a file HL creates to store all those custom decals you may be downloading)Go have a look at how large your file is - it affects your HL load time alot :)

Cant think what thir error is all about tho .....

O

old.des-astor

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by xs:
No Syd, i dont allow downloads in my config and regularly delete my empty Custom.hpk file cos I'm paranoid (Custom.hpk is a file HL creates to store all those custom decals you may be downloading)Go have a look at how large your file is - it affects your HL load time alot :)

Cant think what thir error is all about tho .....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My god, my Custom.pak is over 20 Meg!!!!! NO wonder I'm always last to get into the game

O

old.des-astor

Whoasss, deleted the bugger and it's much faster getting into games.

Whats' the command to disable custom downloads and which file does it go in?

O

old.Kez

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vince:
I dont get any of these crashing things (actually i have had split packet too large once...) but i do get an error message :
WARNING:U_REMOVE ON FULL UPDATE
What the hell does this mean ?
and what is a penge resident and why am i one ? ...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It means get a better connection to the server, or if it happens over a range of servers, get a better connection ;)

you're a penge resident because you've only posted a few msgs on this board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom