Sword or Dagger?

R

Restart

Currently got my Thief to lvl 10 and started off with using Dagger, found it to be quite crap and changed to sword now which seems to be a bit better.
But just wondering what you guys think is best? Dagger or Sword?

C

Cush

Dagger is better for thife afaik. Think its a A+ weapon whilest sword is only B+(or something)

J

Jaxal

its not crap because u hit for little damage but very fast
besides ur a thief, dont expect big damage, not until sneak attack anyway

J

Jiggs

its a similar issue for bards, sword or dagger.

well alot of people like swords because even tho its not your 'best' weapon the styles are easy to fit into a renkei and swords make nice damage.

in the end it shouldnt be too hard to level both to a decent level (esp as a thief where you melee alot) so then you'll have both options :)

personally i prefer dagger even if its a little underpowered :eek:

S

Sharma

Keep sword and dagger BOTH As high as possible, seriously. :p

R

Restart

Ok, well thanks for the info, will prolly just keep em both at a reasonable lvl :)

E

ECA

Sharma is a gimp, thinks he can thank as a mithran THF like WTF!!!!!!

:D

S

Sharma

Originally posted by ECA
Sharma is a gimp, thinks he can thank as a mithran THF like WTF!!!!!!

:D

I can thank as many people as i wish as a Mithran thief actually. ;)

C

Conchabar

if what whispers posted is any true then this game is not to make ure chr good its just to play =p

W

Whisperess

Originally posted by Conchabar
if what whispers posted is any true then this game is not to make ure chr good its just to play =p
Yay, congrats for missing the point by miles!

R

Restart

How's hand to hand for a Thief? Was talking to someone earlier and they mentioned that Hand to hand or Dagger was best for Thief.

W

Whisperess

Without Monk as a sub I reckon they'd be quite slow ( depending on what type you're using I guess ). Haven't tried it though, so can't tell wether it still is feasible or not :)

O

old.Adrira

Taken from the Weapon Rank listing on Shadow Dragons the thief weaponhandling is as following:

- Hand to Hand: Below Average
- Dagger: Oustanding
- Sword: Basic

Tested Dagger vs. Hand to Hand at level 8 or so, and the dagger dealt slighty more damage pr sec. That along with the ability to have a shield, made for quite a benefit compared to hand to hand.
However as there's a very small amount of reasonable daggers on the marketmarket, it's recommendable to go with sword the first 15-20 levels and then swop over again.

A very enlightening topic about the same thing from Warcry:
Clicky

S

Sharma

Well now i have monk sub as a thief the damage is actually quite tasty. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom